What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ever notice baked sesame seeds can taste pretty skunky?

Drewsif

It's kinda nice to taste that skunkiness without all the acid/sugar behind it every once in a while.

So why do heated sesame seeds taste skunky? Did I bake some terpenes into it?

Let's see what the lab says. A real lab, not a cannapropaganda lab:

2-furfurylthiol, 4-hydroxy-2,5-dimethyl-3(2H)-furanone, 2-thenylthiol (thiophen-2-yl-methylthiol), 2-methoxy-4-vinylphenol, 2-methyl-1-propene-1-thiol, (Z)-3-methyl-1-butene-1-thiol, (E)-3-methyl-1-butene-1-thiol, (Z)-2-methyl-1-butene-1-thiol, (E)-2-methyl-1-butene-1-thiol, and 4-mercapto-3-hexanone.

Not a single terpene of which the cannalabs test for. Cannalabs don't test for skunk aromas?. Odd.. Why not?

Why are people breeding for high terpenes? High terpene levels suck. Why aren't they breeding for weed smells that actually have a weed flavor? Or flavor in general, where the therapy actually lies in Cannabis? Don't tell me every one else was smoking hash for the potency while i was worried about the rich flavor fixing my stomach issues, (which it did). That was the fuckin point,the richness, now everything is empty shallow dryer sheet bullshit.. Seriously we're just gonna let ecig propaganda take us backwards?

It just urks me to be told myrcene is skunk and that we taste with our noses not our taste buds. Why do people believe that nonsense? No one thinks it's odd. No one thinks it's odd the best weed they ever smoked smells like an hot armpit, yet growers are growing for deodorant aromas?

The last Chem I tried smoking tastes like terpenes, its so bad you cant even tell what you're smoking anymore. All because of those 12 fucking pointless essential oil terpenes the industry draws everyone's attention towards. Its like the distillate industry has a fucking pile of orange peels laying around and REALLY need people to believe that's what lemon kush is like.

Fuck terpenes, sesame seeds get skunky with heat because of fatty acid breakdown. Thats what we should be growing for, fatty acids, instead of wasting energy pumping useless perfume vocs into the air.

Now excuse me i have to go cool my armpits with ice cubes, I'm using them to stand in for my current Chem Dawg deficiency and the heat is evaporating da armpit terps lol. My God this industry is fucked...