What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

does rooting hormone expire?

Yeah i've had some rooting hormone for a few years... been using it for a while with a variety of things but i havent used it recently. Just wondering if it can go bad? I ordered some new stuff but i really need to take these clones soon before the plants overgrow my cabinet! What do you guys think?

toohighmf

Veteran
YES

YES

SOme sooner than others. some hormones are suspended in an amino alcohol. the alcohol will kick and the rooting hormone is longer good. I use all types of rooting hormones and find vita-grow, KLN Root, and clonex gel to work great! So does dip n grow, but it dies off like vita-grow. Hormex lasts a while and you cant go wrong with a powder like supernaturals. I dont care too much for clonex and olivias cloning solution. it is much too strong. If you were to use it as directed you would be attempting to root at over 1000ppms. thats just scary! roottech works alright, but my best results are with clonex gel, KLN and vita-grow. I have had roots in 3 days with vita-grow when its fresh.

Thanks for the informative post. I think i will wait, then, for the fresh stuff to arrive... but damn... things are growing fast! I really have to cut them back before i flower.. haha..
Anyone else with any input? Thanks

G

dont use the hormone i get roots within 7 days with no hormone just water