What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

critical og / black d.o.g dwc

datal4b

here is 5 critical ogs & 1 black d.o.g

2-3 weeks old

protekt silica, elite base, calimagic, brewed ancient forest & og biowar. will be trying out root life microbes by key of life

4k of mh/hps, only using 2 right now.

picture.php

the roots are looking not so great imo but the plants are growing at this time... ive been using tea since day 1. water temps are ~72. this is the first time I have used a tea in dwc.

picture.php

picture.php

no turning back now...

Nice bro , your plants look Great , I also run DWC but use jacks hydro/ calcinit and hydroguard , my only suggestion is insulating the buckets and top to keep the dissolved oxigen amounts higher and available in the root zone , good luck FSG.

Sorceror

I would drop some frozen water bottles in the res to see if you can drop the temp some, that may help with that root rot and give the bennies time to work.

datal4b

brown sludge in the roots is ancient forest residue I guess. Some will wash out under running water, but I don't think I got any disease goin on ( I think)... I've had rot and cyano before & usually always accompanied by unstable ph drop/rise. pH in the bubblers rises from 5.5 to 6.3 over 3 days or so. Standard

Just ugly looking I guess.

datal4b

tea just not working for me, idk.

2gal ro
handful ancient forest
20ml molasses
2tbsp og bio war root pack
24 & 48hr brews

oh well

root life microbes are working. mixed right into res, 2tbsp/17gal

picture.php

picture.php

going to up feed a bit, lookin little hungry

Hey Data , I also tried going the "tea" route but the smelly bucket and whole mess to create , made me try HYDROGUARD , it'll clean up your roots in no time , also , at what level are you keeping your water ? When I used buckets , the more water I kept in the reservoir, the more stable my ph . Otherwise , your plants look great .

datal4b

i usually use chlorine so bacteria is new territory for me

im keeping them topped but in only 3.5gal pH is hard to keep solid. recirculating system is superior in that area... the plants don't seem to mind too much either way

datal4b

picture.php

vegging along. some defs but ok overall. the og needs a lot of calcium

im switching to jacks 5-12-26 & calcinit now

i have been looking into the ppk threads

Yeah I made the switch and jack's is the most dependable and stable with ph , I tried the ppk method and its great , I ran it 50/50 turface(screened) /chunky perlite and its perfect with crazy growth for tree sized goals. The only downfall for me is the turface gets everywhere, and at the end of the grow is also a big mess to separate the perlite . The plants look great , and with jack , the deficiencies disappear at only 600 ppm , good luck FSG.

datal4b

yea the results seem to speak for themselves, i want to try it next

never gotten close to a lb plant yet. most ever in 5 yrs was 6 zips from one plant. looks like the ppk growers do lb plants regularly and usually more

the jacks in my 5gal bubblers has the plants looking great, except the pH is still the same with slow drift from low to high. can't get much better w only 5gal of solution in 1 container i think

I do led horizontal , but I train my plants flat to my containers surface and let them grow vertically, and long enough to cover a 16 x 32 and about 6 inches in height , for me training is a joy and a necessity. FSG.

datal4b

here's mine since I hit them with the jacks

picture.php

picture.php

liking that all little deficiencies clear up in only a week or so. 600ppm

Your plants look great !!! I don't really share any pictures , I'm too paranoid and I see nothing to be gained and nothing that hasn't been seen already , I had to downsize my play area when I moved , once weed becomes legal in my state I definitely will share , anyways , keep the good work !!! FSG.