What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ways cannabis has shaped my life.

Since about 13 ive been all about the green. Starting in the late 90s,when i smoked whatever i could possibly get my hands on at the time on the eastcoast,i only had a few strains to choose from that could have actually been the legit name that i was given. One was called skunk . the most memorable details i remember about this herb,was ofcorse the smell.which when you got the real deal in the 90s,was absolutley putrid. And the other thing i remember was the high. Very ☝,but not exactly motivational. Very cerebral but gave you a good enough thump to relax the shit outta you as well. Having a bag of real skunk in your pocket at age 13 was risky. You had to protect that herb and the smell added to the paranoia due to being so sativa dominant. Other strains that hit me hard were the haze varieties we had here on the eastcoast in the 90s.the piff it was called as well as Dominican haze. Had a very racy sativa high which made it good for activities,had a very spicy peppery flavor and an aroma that was similar to insence when burning.lots of paranoia was associated with the haze as well.which didnt help the fact that in this time era,laws were still strict on herb,no medical marijuanna programs were in place either,so you litterally were fighting for your right to use cannabis. When your 13 to 14,you dont realize your part of the drug war,and i had no idea i would be growing herb all these years later. But i knew i had love for this plant even back then...the legnths id go to get a strain as apposed to buying jus any ole sack was apparent.then when the 90s ended and the skunk was irradicated,lol a strain came along called kush. The effects were similar to a hard hitting afghan or a northern lights like we were used to. Only the flavor was so strong it coated your pallet with a candy fuel.soon we had purple kush,og kush bubba kush,..seemed like everything was kush for a while because thats what sold . other strains like the nycd diesel and sour d,chemdog were popular and had a similar hype to them like the kush had. But the high on it was more sativa and the flavor more skunky and well..chemmy when compared to the kush. Last but not least,i met trainwreck. A friend from northern california gave me my first bag of trainwreck and it changed my life.i realized then that i wanted to grow these strains and could understand what california herb really was. From the trainwreck,i experienced a high that was soaring and motivational due to its heavy thai relatives,the color was the lightest (inchworm)green id ever saw even to this day. And the smell was a dank that i associated with only the quality that you got when you got real california connoisseur herb. I set out on a journey.first,i recieved a trainwreck clone which was my first time growing anything that i knew was legit. And today she still sits pretty in my growroom some 7 yrs later.then i grew a few diesels,never did find a haze that was for sure legit.lol then i got some sfv and some bubba kush. Let me tell you the point of this thread for me,is sharing with you my experiences that make me the grower i am today. I take this life very seriously and my herb just as much. Its very hard to keep strains alive and gardens going in this world.we could have to close shop and move things in a heartbeat.even stop growing for a while. Having to vive strains out to growers just to hope that they keep them alive and healthy just so you can get the cuts back and hope they didnt mislabel anything is not easy. Ive had to do this a few times and have even lost genetics this way sadly. But what im getting at is with all the new strains and growers in the community now,i see alot of negativity when it comes to some growers lending or donating clones of specific strains to others. Understand this,i have worked hard to protect the varieties i keep in my garden. I walk on no matter what.and what i smoke while im walking this path shapes who i am today.if i am approached by a gardener who would like to trade cuts,chances are ill decline politely.maybe a little conversation as to what interests you in a particular strain i grow,and ill see you have the same vision as me and if i feel safe giving you a cut,i would absolutley do so.but i see alot of genetics now a days and alot of growers.please dont be dissapointed if i refuse to trade or donate cuts. Do you know how many times that has happened to me? Tons of times.i can see how some growers with such elite varieties are iffy about giving out cuts.i understand the battle. Hearing things like 20k for a clone and growers being greedy and downright disrepectfull in the canabis community upsets me.hopefully when you read this,it gives you a good understanding of who i am as a grower,and the importance of positivity i hold so dearly close to my heart and for the love of this plant that brings us all together. Peace to all ic maggers and love and light

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
WoW! That's a good high man!

Thanks for posting that... as you can see we are at a loss for words to reply :)

Happy growing!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Just a massive wall of text.

Good God man, paragraphs, use the paragraphs! Lol

I read it, nice post.

My eyes hurt...

Bet that Trainwreck is nice smoke. Got any pics?

Easy7

Veteran
Cannabis is not always easy to be involved in. It's a crime of varying degrees in many places. The things it takes to put a crop in and see it to harvest and use can be all to awful to put it lightly.

Can't trust anyone and it requires a little service from someone. People are out for themselves.

It's totally different worlds when legal verses a crime. Ya I know smoking and having an ounce isn't a huge deal. It can hold back education loans. It can prevent someone from legally driving. Growing the crime is totally different than a little smoking. It's not hard to grow and get 5 years in prison.

They take the war on weed very seriously. Most people don't really know how dangerous it is until it's too late. Lot's of people get busted. Most of the weekly court reports in the paper are simple possession and driving on suspended licenses as well as OVI.

Apparently there is not much difference between weed, crack, heroin and meth to the man. So people grow up thinking it's just about all the same to them.

Thanks guys. It means alot to me to hear back from you on this. Lester beans,sorry about my punctuation.easy 7,i like to think i truely understand the seriousness of how cannabis can negatively affect someone also. When i was about 15 i was sent to a group home for getting caught with cannabis at school,and truency. There i spent 8and 1/2months.this state run facility allowed kids under the age of 13 to smoke 8 ciggaretts a day. So i understand what was being done and the brainwash that was being used . my journey has led me from there to here. And here is exactly where i wanna be. Feeling the love from this forum is amazing .thank all of you. There are a few arcata trainwreck pics posted in my albums so feel free to brouse through. Maha kala,brother i hope i do.peace!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts