What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

190PPM Tap Water - Why am I getting Calcium Deficiencies?

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
The plot thickens guys !!!

so on this run I did 5 rows of

600ppm
650ppm
700ppm
700ppm inc. 2.5ml/g cal mag
750 ppm

And right at the same time around 14 days this same calcium deficiency showed up again. There is no way I was over-ferting this time, and they all had pretty similar levels of symptoms. I was still giving them PBP Grow at this point, and as I switched to BLOOM the problem seemed not to get worse. So Im thinking this skunk strain is just really hungry and not getting what it wants out of the GROW nutrients at the 14 ish day mark. In the future I will switch to BLOOM after Week 1, so day 8 of flowering.

I am on day 33 and they are looking pretty good on these levels of ppm. my ph meter broke and new one is in the mail, so Im going blind on ph levels even

Will post run off ppm and test data results at the end of the grow.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Almost looks like a pest issue, doesn't it? Root aphids usually cause problems at about the end of week 2 of flower.

Got a scope?

troutman

Seed Whore
Even though there's lots of calcium in your base water.

If you use lots of P it will tie it up.

Calcium phosphate isn't very soluble.

:tiphat:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Just wanted to update my current results on my Pure AK run. Ive got 16 Plants, feed with every watering at 600 PPM from veg through to now and No calcium issues. Plants are looking great. Getting a slight fade on the lowest leaves, but thats ok as I'm on day 30, and it lets me know where I'm at as far as there requirements. I rather be bit behind, then ahead and getting build up and lock out and not knowing what direction to go anymore.
My run off ppms are staying at the 1000 level. Before when I was getting crazy def's it would come out at 1500. So feeding 600, and getting 800-1000 seems reasonable.

jedi5891

Too high humidity can cause lock out but more so with magnesium. Try adding some cal mag and use inconjuction with some Amino acids as the aminos will make the calicium more available.
Good luck
Peace

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
RH was always 50-60 Range. Getting good results without any cal mag right now. It was strain specific so jus the special skunks showed the problem first and got it the worst. But that was a few runs ago. The last have been good, with lower feeding levels of 600ppm. My tap is 220. so thats just 380ppm of nutrients.