What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By the Danube - Panama Haze, Queen Mother and Peyote Purple

Zitz

Really enjoy your grow threads Yoss, the peyote purple is looking lush, very healthy, I think you grew this before but cant recall the thread, how did it turn out?

yoss33

Veteran
I started growing a PP plant last year, but removed it some time during the summer because it was seen by foreign people and I didn't want to risk going into complications.
A few clones were taken from that plant and I smoked from one clone grown by a friend on a balcony, and from another clone grown in a greenhouse. It was good - rich hashy flavor on the sweet side, good high, not boring like I find most indicas.
I need to have some indica buds because I use them for medicine for a family member. Hopefully this year I'll produce enough for a few years worth of medicine.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Love your guerrilla grow. I promised the mrs I'd give it up (she thinks I'm too old to run in the jungle) so I'll be happy to watch this grow!

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you for the interest, people!

The weekly portion of photos follows.

Panama Haze
picture.php

picture.php

Peyote Purple #1
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Peyote Purple #2
picture.php

Queen Mother
This plant has been having some curlings/deformities as a seedling, it grew out of it, but now its top leaves look quite unhealthy... not sure if its caused by the typical fungal-heaven spring showers followed by strong sun - this damaged a lot of other plants like roses and tomatoes. It could be some wicked mites as well... So, the QM received the same insecticide+fungicide treatment as my tomatoes. We'll see how it turns out.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss,

The Panama Haze looks great and happy, she is well established in her outdoor spot and already producing strong branching, should be a beast around August/September ;)

yoss33

Veteran
Hi there, people!

It's been another rainy week, the last one according to the forecasts.

The Panama Haze is already under full steam, almost as tall as me.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baduy

Amazing fan leaves. I had Ukrainian workmates once who told me about this chernozem being the best soil in the world, now I can see. And you are obviously making the best out of it

yoss33

Veteran
Maybe the pile of organic waste (mainly grasses) next to the plant also contributes to the big leaves :) As well as the history of this spot, which was used for raising pigs till some 10-15 years ago (I removed the sheds 6 years ago). Or the rainy May? Anyways, I have grown other strains there, and this is among the biggest leaves and is the biggest stretch I have seen. I'm curious to see how this hybrid monster will manage through the late-summer storms..

Here it is, a few centimeters away from being 2 meters tall:
picture.php

picture.php

And just a couple of close-ups of the other plants:

Peyote Purple #1
picture.php

Queen Mother
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
We've been having some mixed weather the last 2 weeks, rains alternating with sunshine, perfect for mold. The plants that are in shadier places (the Peyotes) have stretched looking for the light, I guess I'll have to clean more of the surrounding tree branches to secure more hours of direct sunlight.

Panama Haze
Starting to form the square trunk base I've seen most expressed in the pure dutch Haze. The 3 Haze x Thai plants I grew in 2014 also had a somewhat square trunk, but not more than the Zamaldelicas (2013 and 2015). It seems the Panama hybrid is closer to the pure Haze in this regard.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Queen Mother
Funny plant, healthy and wicked at the same time. It looks lankier than the Panama Haze and if I knew this before transplanting them outdoors, I'd put the Queen Mother at the prime spot, as it looks so innocently lanky in a hemp way, where as the Panama Haze is so much more "marihuana" looking... My spot is seen from a road some 50 meters away, so for security reasons, a "hemp" tree is what I want there. Hopefully, the Panama Haze will bring out thinner leaves later in the season.
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Peyote Purple #1
This plant is having some issue - some of its old fan leaves from the shadier side died suddenly. Apart from this, the plant seems healthy and happy. It could be from sensitivity to watering with cold tap water, I did this a week ago.
picture.php

picture.php

Peyote Purple #2
I planted this plant at a spot that was sunnier last year, but now I realised that the tree next to it has its top grown bigger and bent towards and over the Peyote, heavy with plums, so the Peyote is in a semi-shade when the sun is in its zenith. In the autumn, this won't be a problem as the sun does not rise so much, but the plant will miss some hours of direct sunlight during the summer.
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
yoss33, Your plants look to be in great shape. The leaves don't appear to be eaten up by bugs at all. Very nice work. Peace

yoss33

Veteran
Plants are looking great brother :)
Cant wait to see them in late summer ;)
:artist: They'll be even more interesting in the autumn ;)

yoss33, Your plants look to be in great shape. The leaves don't appear to be eaten up by bugs at all. Very nice work. Peace
Thanks! There are not many leaf-chewing bugs to cause any serious damage and I've noticed that sativas are more likely to get eaten both by bugs, and by goats. The local animals don't like indica, only the bud-eating caterpillars do :) Also, there are many birds in the area (that eat insects), so it's more likely to have a bird poo somewhere on a plant than a leaf chewed by a grasshopper.

orfeas

Veteran
..The plants that are in shadier places (the Peyotes) have stretched looking for the light, I guess I'll have to clean more of the surrounding tree branches to secure more hours of direct sunlight....

Oh man, I hate that pruning of surrounding vegetation...last year I had to climb up a big tree and chainsaw a thigh thick branch that was kind of umbrella-ing my sweet spot... getting old for that sort of shite... :biggrin:
Never seen that thing with them lower leaves wilting/dying...hope it isn't some kind of soil fungi ...

Great looking plants!

:tiphat:Orfeas

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, man :)
I hope it's not some soil fungus too! All these rains alternating with sunshine and the warm wet soil they cause could spawn something evil...

Anyways, the summer is suddenly here with hot dry weather and so the soil will not have the chance to stay wet for long.

Latest posts

Latest posts