What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in 3' X 3' Scrog?

Good day everyone,
I just purchased some Ace Seeds and would like to put either a Zamaldelica or Malawi in an indoor scrog. The basic setup is:
3' X 3' scrog using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, and Mills Nutrients, under a Timber 300 watt Cree light. Later in the summer the temps in that room will average 75-85 and occasionally hit 90 for short periods. I can adjust the humidity to what ever is recommended if it is picky about that.
So my questions are:
1. would Zamaldelica be a good candidate for this setup? (Time is not an issue.)
2.what size fabric "Smart Pot" would you recommend? I have 5, 7, 15, and 20 gallon.
3. approximately how long would you veg while filling out the screen before going to 12/12?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Levitationofme

There are a couple really good simple soil recipes posted that work really well with Ace
gear. Either plant should work well. The rest, well frankly you probably have more experience then I. I just finished growing both, and I didn't scrog.
Definitely people here on this forum with lots of experience growing both. I enjoyed growing both of them. Tropical Orange/Mango pheno of Zameldica is current favorite bud.
It was the plant in the middle

There are a couple really good simple soil recipes posted that work really well with Ace
gear. Either plant should work well. The rest, well frankly you probably have more experience then I. I just finished growing both, and I didn't scrog.
Definitely people here on this forum with lots of experience growing both. I enjoyed growing both of them. Tropical Orange/Mango pheno of Zameldica is current favorite bud.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67820&pictureid=1705889&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
As far as experience goes.... I'll be dealing with two firsts.

I have never grown a 100% Sativa before and I have never grown with the scrog so it should be interesting for sure. I do plan to put a couple more Zamaldelicas outside later when it warms up but I am really looking forward to running a scrog with this strain indoors too.
Is that a 5 gallon pot that yours was grown in? It surprises me how bushy it is. Thanks for sharing.

nksv

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67820&pictureid=1705889&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

That Zam looks amazing! Any more pics?

Dr.King

Veteran
Good day everyone,
I just purchased some Ace Seeds and would like to put either a Zamaldelica or Malawi in an indoor scrog. The basic setup is:
3' X 3' scrog using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, and Mills Nutrients, under a Timber 300 watt Cree light. Later in the summer the temps in that room will average 75-85 and occasionally hit 90 for short periods. I can adjust the humidity to what ever is recommended if it is picky about that.
So my questions are:
1. would Zamaldelica be a good candidate for this setup? (Time is not an issue.)
2.what size fabric "Smart Pot" would you recommend? I have 5, 7, 15, and 20 gallon.
3. approximately how long would you veg while filling out the screen before going to 12/12?

Thank you in advance.

Zamaldelica or almost any of Ace's strains are Scrog friendly if given enough time to veg. That being said, Zamaldelica vegs fast and only takes 11-14 weeks to flower. For a 3' x 3' I'd recommend 5 gallon smarties. Depending on how much height you have to work with in my case I had 36" inches of growth from the bulb under 500 watts. One can yield a decent amount from it with top quality cannabis.

2 pounds in my 5' x 5' tent when I ran full Zamaldelica.

ZVFOHnm.jpg

hfsQrQI.jpg

midsummer

Zamaldelica or almost any of Ace's strains are Scrog friendly if given enough time to veg. That being said, Zamaldelica vegs fast and only takes 11-14 weeks to flower. For a 3' x 3' I'd recommend 5 gallon smarties. Depending on how much height you have to work with in my case I had 36" inches of growth from the bulb under 500 watts. One can yield a decent amount from it with top quality cannabis.

2 pounds in my 5' x 5' tent when I ran full Zamaldelica.

View Image

View Image

Very Nice!!! How many plants did you run under that screen at once?

Now that's what I'm talking about, thanks Doc!

I have 8 feet in height and a bad back so I'd like to set the net around 32-36", that should give me plenty of room vertically and I won't have to get down on the ground to train them. I'd also like to know how many plants you had in a 5X5 area.

Thanks for posting :tiphat:

Dr.King

Veteran
I bow to the awesomeness of Dr. Kings grow. My pics not needed or as nice

I thank you but your grows are still top notch my friend.

Very Nice!!! How many plants did you run under that screen at once?

Now that's what I'm talking about, thanks Doc!

I have 8 feet in height and a bad back so I'd like to set the net around 32-36", that should give me plenty of room vertically and I won't have to get down on the ground to train them. I'd also like to know how many plants you had in a 5X5 area.

Thanks for posting :tiphat:

Greetings and thanks to all. I did 5 plants in 3 gallon smarties. I'd recommend using 5 gallon smarties with atleast 4 gallons of soil mix to avoid watering a lot. I watered everyday in mid to late watering as I use pure coco/perlite which is hydro basically. Veg took about 45 days total not including cloning time with pre-veg. Cloning the Zamaldelica is always easy, 7-10 days max. Pre-veg too 1 foot in my clone tent(150 watt led) took another 7 days max. Close to 60 days total veg with 11 too flower. Not bad for 2 pounds of pure Sativa that is crazy brown. By far the brownest cannabis anyone of my people have seen as of late. :tiphat: as always Dubi and the crew for these genetics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome BeaverIslander :)

Both Malawi and Golden Tiger are very suitable strains for SCROG due to their excellent vigor, branching and reaction to pruning. 5-7 gallon pots are enough big for your indoor space. Veg them untill they full up horizontally all the space, then switch to 12/12.

Let us know if you have any doubt during their development.
Thanks for supporting our work. Best wishes!

I have looked all over for directions on how to upload and post photos in my post and can not fine anything. Could someone please provide a link to the "how to" section on adding photos?
Thank you.

gr8fulguitr

I have looked all over for directions on how to upload and post photos in my post and can not fine anything. Could someone please provide a link to the "how to" section on adding photos?
Thank you.

Hello. I am no expert but what I did was go to "user menu" then "My albums" then "create new album"

I think that is how i started. g luck

My 1st scrog grow is underway and I believe both plants are doing well but I still have a lot of empty space. When it comes to Zameldelica's is there a certain point when I should consider flipping to 12/12?

Dr.King

Veteran
My 1st scrog grow is underway and I believe both plants are doing well but I still have a lot of empty space. When it comes to Zameldelica's is there a certain point when I should consider flipping to 12/12?
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73161&pictureid=1752496&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73161&pictureid=1752497&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Looking good man, your grow is definitely underway :tiphat:. Indeed you do have a lot of empty space. Keep them vegging until most if not 100% is filled in. You will notice a big yield difference by letting the screen fill in all the way and waiting for them to grow 4+ inches vertically above the screen. Depends on how much height you have from the screen to the light. I let mine grow up 14" inches or so before I flower/flip them. This is for the Zamaldelica pheno I was running. Please do keep in mind each pheno or strain will vary in stretch and also depends how you feed/treat the plants.

Of course if you're looking for a quicker harvest by all means flip them faster with less vertical growth and you will still be very happy. Best of luck to you and happy growing all.

Texicwaste666

Good day everyone,
So my questions are:

Thank you in advance.
I have a 5'x4' scrog going on my thread that shows Malawi from first transplant vs Chem 91 same start just to see which fills and grows in the same scrog best. They both are strong plants, but the Malawi is way easier to train and move through the scrog. i have some Zamaldelica but haven't started them yet. For a three x three I would only go with a couple of plants. I use three gallon smarties. I set my squares at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" in the scrog, some people go 4" x 4". I have seven plants under. I changed the light cycle on day 22 of veg.

Looking good man, your grow is definitely underway :tiphat:. Indeed you do have a lot of empty space. Keep them vegging until most if not 100% is filled in. You will notice a big yield difference by letting the screen fill in all the way and waiting for them to grow 4+ inches vertically above the screen. Depends on how much height you have from the screen to the light. I let mine grow up 14" inches or so before I flower/flip them. This is for the Zamaldelica pheno I was running. Please do keep in mind each pheno or strain will vary in stretch and also depends how you feed/treat the plants.

Of course if you're looking for a quicker harvest by all means flip them faster with less vertical growth and you will still be very happy. Best of luck to you and happy growing all.
Thank you Doc, I appreciate your advice. I have an 8ft ceiling so there's plenty of room vertically, and I have lots of time (I hope :))
These are the first Zamaldelica's I have grown so I am not at all familiar with the various phenotypes. If they get to where you (or anyone) can tell what I have on my hands I'd sure appreciate a heads up.
Looking back, I may have left to much space between the top of the pot and the screen so it's taking me longer to get it filled up, but it's kinda hard for me to be all bent over and on the ground so I left plenty of room.

I have a 5'x4' scrog going on my thread that shows Malawi from first transplant vs Chem 91 same start just to see which fills and grows in the same scrog best. They both are strong plants, but the Malawi is way easier to train and move through the scrog. i have some Zamaldelica but haven't started them yet. For a three x three I would only go with a couple of plants. I use three gallon smarties. I set my squares at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" in the scrog, some people go 4" x 4". I have seven plants under. I changed the light cycle on day 22 of veg.
Hello Texicwaste,
I do have a Malawi growing in a 15 gallon Smart Pot (outside.) She's a nice healthy plant as well..... I'm really looking forward to harvest as I've never even sampled a 100% Sativa. This should be fun.:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts