What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

Starting week six from seed - drooling has begun

Starting week six from seed - drooling has begun

They've got a color and vigor now that's giving me a chubby:peacock:, reminds me of last year's outdoor veg. The plan was to flower them by April first, but the LSTd need almost 2x more height and prolly one more bigger feeding to get where they need to be before flip, prolly around April 5-8. Bottoms are wooding up so sex imminent:dance013: always good to hear in almost any context. This is a pretty gaggle o'gals, I gotta say. Thanks Dubi et al!
There were power outages yesterday all day long, just cutting for a second every 20 minutes or so, long enough so my MH needed to reset every time, very bad, so I put all the LEDs back in and unplugged the HID, which I've also dropped about 10" for the last few days to the girls' pleasure. As the lights were on and off I gave 'em another Mg and Neem oil spray. One more next week.

Attachments

• Mar 25.jpg
    Mar 25.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Mar 25 Profile.jpg
    Mar 25 Profile.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 11
  • The trough.jpg
    The trough.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Little fatties.jpg
    Little fatties.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Zammy Tammy.jpg
    Zammy Tammy.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Nice Gams on this Lolita.jpg
    Nice Gams on this Lolita.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Straight Lady.jpg
    Straight Lady.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Da Beast.jpg
    Da Beast.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 6-top.jpg
    6-top.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Miss Perfect.jpg
    Miss Perfect.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

Ach! I know, LOM, good problem to have;) they're gonna be beauts of many shapes and sizes.
I've been underestimating their capacity to take food, and man, they CAN and like it. I've upped the res to .7 EC (still very light, but constant) and hand water at EC 1.5 once a day, recently. They seem to double in size daily, obviously just a sensation, but they're hitting maturity and looking ready to go into flower within a week. I'll do some more light plucking/lollipopping before stretch (so far, just topped once and bottom two branches clipped) to clear out their centers.

Also, gotta mention root temps; every time it gets a little colder out and I heat at night, I come back to bigger plants, which reminds me that even if there are nutes available in their medium, they won't uptake as well if too cold.

Tempted to take pics, but I'll wait a day or three.

G

Girls are looking top notch mang!:good:The one I got is probably the easiest with feeding,never got hungry,never had too much.I think she is similar to the one in the right pot.Yeah,a good thing to keep updates in slow pace,I reached 1000 uploaded pics today :biggrin: and now I have to upload from another host ,heh.
And don't worry about all those buds,you'll think of something.;)

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Girls are looking top notch mang!:good:The one I got is probably the easiest with feeding,never got hungry,never had too much.I think she is similar to the one in the right pot.Yeah,a good thing to keep updates in slow pace,I reached 1000 uploaded pics today :biggrin: and now I have to upload from another host ,heh.
And don't worry about all those buds,you'll think of something.;)

Ooh, Man, what a drag. I'm on pace with you easy, I've gotta watch it. I'll be more sparing throughout veg. Very hard discipline.

So, words then... I pulled Straight Lady's top toward the back of the tent and down and she's already looking up agin. Must redo. Took her bottom two branches as clones. I like her color, style and structure, might repeat outdoors. I also freed up Miss Perfect and ZAmTam from their LST as their branches were staying too low and they need to go up for a week or two. Preflowers on all three in the trough, not yet for the 3 gals.
A thought. The 3 gallon girls seem to like to be fed every day, whereas the trough girls don't need as much (roots probably still colonizing the 14gal of medium), and as they are on the door side of the tent, I may put the 4 blumats in the trough and hand water the 3 gal girls.
Also, as I found the stems to be lacking in girth, I bought a small 5$ bag of Gnatnix, which is pure silica, and covered the surface of all the plants. Easy way to give 'em a silica boost and control insects, just in case.

I gotta say I'm very happy with this grow so far; I've got those three in the trough acting like they're outdoors, which gives me a boner, and the other two, perfect, beefy little stealth plants and everybody a very different expression either by genes or by design. Gonna be an interesting couple of months;) Looking at Syd's Zam x KC at 4 weeks 12/12, they look like good yielders, potent too, and faster finishers than say a Panama. Looks like a 9-10 weeker:woohoo:

Pics in a couple of days.

deepwaterdude

Day 41 from seed - almost flower time

Day 41 from seed - almost flower time

And presto-the 4 blumats are in the trough and I'm hand watering the 3gals twice a day til runoff. I've removed the wood bolsters and scooched the plants all toward the center for better branch configuration.

I read up on Kali China, and the consensus is that it's columnar, doesn't stretch much, is dense and pretty fast. I don't know to what degree the Zam Elite will influence the stretch or flower time, but as I've topped and trained, I don't want to kill yield by flowering too small (6-top for example, needs more time). Anyway, the tops are all evening out, growing faster/bigger with more food (res @EC 1.1). Would've taken another 2-3 weeks to do a true mainline, so very sorry no go, and I'll still get to see many different expressions of this one strain. Not bad!:dance013:

Brace yourselves, these are hot little lolitas. I've taken the bottom 3 and 5 pronged leaves off of all to clean up their bases, and plucked all branching below the tops of the trained ones. I left 6-top alone as she takes after Zammy Tam, with slower overall growth. Thanks fer lookin' in!

Attachments

• Almost 6 weeks from seed.jpg
    Almost 6 weeks from seed.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 10
  • The Trough Mar 29.jpg
    The Trough Mar 29.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Profile - still low.jpg
    Profile - still low.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Beast and 6-top.jpg
    Beast and 6-top.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Lady Straight.jpg
    Lady Straight.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
G

Great training man!They 're exploding!Seems that keeping the medium moist is the key for rapid development and general happiness.
The elite according to Dubi is pretty compact and selected for indoor if I'm not mistaken.
You will follow your guts and you're gonna nail it;)

deepwaterdude

Great training man!They 're exploding!Seems that keeping the medium moist is the key for rapid development and general happiness.
The elite according to Dubi is pretty compact and selected for indoor if I'm not mistaken.
You will follow your guts and you're gonna nail it;)

Thanks, Syd:tiphat:, that's good to know. A little more veg won't hurt;) Prolly a week if I can get 5 more inches out of the tops. I wouldn't mind a 2 1/2 x stretch at all. Might get something like that out of Lady Straight.

Now my newbie question; which of the parental plants should these lean toward?

deepwaterdude

Mar 31 - switch to 600w hps

Mar 31 - switch to 600w hps

They're looking about ready to pop, so Ushio hps in place, cooltube polished like a wine glass, Lady Straight trained down again and "before" pictures taken. I'll keep light schedule for the moment, maybe drop three hours to 14/10.

I ordered four 7-way socket splitters for about 10 clams each that'll be here in a week. SO now I need to find some sales on 14-17w LED bulbs, only have 6! If I were more trusting and not in a hurry I'd order the same from China for 1/2 the price, just 3 weeks shipping.

Edit*Pistils on all but Six Top. Feed @ 600ppm, 1.15 EC. Will up to 800ppm with stronger light.

Attachments

• 3-Six Top.jpg
    3-Six Top.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-Miss perfect.jpg
    2-Miss perfect.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1-Zammy Tammy.jpg
    1-Zammy Tammy.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Canopy before switch to hps.jpg
    Canopy before switch to hps.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Mar 31 before switch to 600w.jpg
    Mar 31 before switch to 600w.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 4-The Beast.jpg
    4-The Beast.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 5-Lady Straight.jpg
    5-Lady Straight.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 600wHPS in.jpg
    600wHPS in.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
G

Looking super nice and cozy!Yes,a little extra stretch would be nice I think,too...Getting any smells?

Good about the 7-way splitter.I wanted to get 4 from an EU seller and he only sends 3 every time (just my luck),so those 3 will substitute the HPS and will cover the rest with the current fixtures.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I will be following along here with interest. I have some of these seeds also. I plan on running at least one of these this summer. I think I will be running three other KC crosses as well. I ran one KC fem last year. What a beautiful plant! I gave the main cola to one tester. She won't smoke anymore of it because she doesn't want it to be gone. I'm sure when she see's more growing her vaporizer will be charging frequently. Peace

ULMW

Happy Growing season 2017 may your harvests bring joy and happiness.
Am soon to be running a few Ace strains and have a KC cross in the mix too. Seems quite a solid strain and all round performer and with all the crosses now coming from her I am truly excited to be soon growing her. Thanks for grow journal it really helps farmers.

deepwaterdude

Hello and welcome, farmerlion and ULMW, thanks for your kind wishes! I myself like to see the trials and tribulations of a grow from beginning to end, how plants react to every stimulus, what maybe to expect from a strain. As I grow for love of the plant and not for $, I find every part of the grow fascinating, not just end of flower;) Plus, wanted to pay dubi's kindness forward.

As for this strain, these girls are easy and quite beautiful in veg, all showed sex (the right one) after 5-6weeks and are getting pretty beastly now I've put in the 600w. And they like light and heat, haven't turned my exhaust fan on in a month. Temps this morning had to be in the mid 80s f. They have not burned with feedings up to 1.6 EC and are responsive to daily food in the coco. All tops are about 12-14" (Fisherman's exaggeration) over the medium (3 gals slightly smaller) and Lady Straight would be quite a bit taller than that untrained.

SO far so good; gonna be a challenge to keep things from getting out of hand in there in flower. I have to remind myself this is coco and not soil and may explode in my face a la Old Toker;) I will have to take a lot more leaves from underneath and lollipop to some degree. For the moment, letting them be happy.

Sidenote - In a moment of weakness yesterday, I adopted a three-legged cat from the local shelter. This way, I'm not tempted to let her outside at all, being as much a challenge as a BLT on a plate for the coyotes.

Sidenote 2 - finally am flush enough to act on a wishlist of strains from our favorite Spaniards. In order of the hard-on I've got for 'em:

Malawi x PCK fem
Panama Haze
PH x malawi (only standard available ATM)
Mangobiche x Kush (CBG - std)
Zamaldelica fem

I still have plenty of:
Panama, Golden Tiger, *Malawi, Nepal Jam, Tikal (smoking now, super kind), *Jarilla de Sinaloa, *Caribe, Bangi Haze, 2017 testers Zam elite x KC, *Panama Diosa x Zamaldelica and some *Tikal self-pollinated and *Tikal x Lemon soda Panama. (have not yet grown the *)

Attachments

• 3 gals.jpg
    3 gals.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 10
  • The Trough.jpg
    The Trough.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Canopy.jpg
    Canopy.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Da gang.jpg
    Da gang.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Old Toker

Plus, wanted to pay dubi's kindness forward.
:tiphat:I'm sure Dubi appreciates it as much as those of us following your grow. Thanks for the ride.
..haven't turned my exhaust fan on in a month.
Have you notice any smell yet?

I have to remind myself this is coco and not soil and may explode in my face a la Old Toker;)
Only the BEST growers are able to grow on their ceilings.:)
In a moment of weakness yesterday, I adopted a three-legged cat from the local shelter.
Good for you brother! That's not weakness....it's compassion.:cathug:

deepwaterdude

Only the BEST growers are able to grow on their ceilings.

:laughing: I, too, am prone to self delusion... More seriously, you're spot on; some of the best use of space (yield per plant) I've seen is with the cylindrical vert grows with stacked lights. Why not just trellis every surface, and oneself?

Thanks for the good words and the support, Sir OT;) :tiphat:

As for their bouquet, I notice they put off quite a stink when I pinch lower bud sites and take leaves, and that Miss Perfect and the Beast seem to be stinkiest, but nothing really notable yet. KC is supposed to have a really interesting/original nose while I'm hoping for some mango carrot presence a la ZAm. No idea to what extent there'll be any.
I just turned their lights back on after a neeming + Mg. They're not dark green like Syd's, but look very good and no deficiencies. :dance013:

G

They're not dark green like Syd's, but look very good and no deficiencies. :dance013:

I put them on a diet staring today .Deficiencies on their way :biggrin:
I gave her a pk boost today as it seems she could be done in 4 weeks,or 5 at most.9-10 weeker as you said.So will go with almost no food for 2 or 3 weeks,after next week's last feeding.

The smell is very fresh.Floral ,orange(I don't really recall what a mango smells like :biggrin: ), but loud and a little pungent also when moved. Very frosty and sticky.Can't wait!Without having grown either zam or kc,just hybrids of them and after having seen a lot of grows here,mine looks like more to the KC side.

Your gals looking really happy!Dangerously happy,if you catch my drift!:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

few pics before flip-they're bursting in their jeans

few pics before flip-they're bursting in their jeans

They're getting fed once a day in the AM, and every morning since their last foliar and since I upped the ppms to 750 or so, they surprise the hell out of me. Really like food. :peacock:

Attachments

• April 4 - gotta switch.jpg
    April 4 - gotta switch.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Beast and 6-top.jpg
    Beast and 6-top.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 12
  • The trough.jpg
    The trough.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Zammy Tammy.jpg
    Zammy Tammy.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • Lady Straight-nestled in.jpg
    Lady Straight-nestled in.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 12

Buddler

Veteran
Howdy DWD nice color on your leaves mine tend to get to green sometimes those little bulbs are the bomb eh !Bud

Old Toker

Oh yahhhh. I'd let them get a couple feet taller before switching to flower. But that's just the way I roll. :)
Girls are looking very healthy DWD. Nice work!:tiphat: