What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
Old-timer's Purple haze something of a legend so here we go on this mystery ride that is the long blooming Sativa King!

I have 9 Healthy ACE OTHP I purchased directly through ACE last fall in anticipation of getting my groove back! I have run some haze crosses but never the real pure versions. Hoping to find some nice ladies to work with in this pack and just maybe a male or 2 would be a heck of a treat as well!

Planting in 9 oz cups with about 6 oz of organic peat starter mix watered thoroughly with room temp tap water. Its fairly warm out so I am gonna put under a set of t12's and keep them damp. I am also starting 2 Zamaldelica in addition to the 1 Malawi I have going.

This is gonna be a hell of a trip!

hendrix-jimi-purple-haze-4800029_medium.jpg

corky1968

Veteran
Last time, I grew pure Oldtimer Haze I used 2 packs and got 18 plants with 3 males I believe.
So the female to male ratio is fairly high. They also took around 5 to 6 weeks to sex out.

I still have 4 original packs to play with.

Are you planning to cross them with anything?

Good Luck.

LostTribe

Premium user
10 hours in the saturated organic peat mix. Man do I hate wetting cups of peat moss anyone else just totally disgusted with getting it to stay wet? My trick is soak the shit out of it and mix it with a plastic fork then pack it in! Its a mess but saves time.

SM90 is a wetting agent but I never use it for that aspect. Its expensive too.

corky1968

Veteran
An easy way to moisten peat moss is to fill your pots and let them sit in a tub with 1-2" of water overnight.

Then the soil medium will be really soaked when you wake up. :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
An easy way to moisten peat moss is to fill your pots and let them sit in a tub with 1-2" of water overnight.

Then the soil medium will be really soaked when you wake up. :tiphat:

I dont have the patience for that anymore used to try something similar like with peat cubes but its a pain in the ass to wait for that to happen so thats why I mix em up! Take about 20 minutes!

orfeas

Veteran
10 hours in the saturated organic peat mix. Man do I hate wetting cups of peat moss anyone else just totally disgusted with getting it to stay wet? My trick is soak the shit out of it and mix it with a plastic fork then pack it in! Its a mess but saves time.

SM90 is a wetting agent but I never use it for that aspect. Its expensive too.

Hey, LT!
I've been using Klasmann's Potgrond for seedlings, never had a mishap, nor did I have to worry about dry soil or fertilising for at least couple of weeks...

Best of luck with them OTH!

:tiphat:Orfeas

LostTribe

Premium user
THANK you very MUCH!

They are in there and rollin! Added my heat mat as the soil felt cool to the touch....

T12's 20 inches away....not how I normally do beans at all. Normal is baggy and towels.....

corky1968

Veteran
Why 20" away? Sounds far. You can put the T-12 lights a lot closer.

8 - 12" is what I like to start my newborn babies with.

I can't wait to start my next crop.

LostTribe

Premium user
2 Zamaldelica are up and running confirmed 1 PHaze popped with tap root was too close to surface so carefully helped the little buddy out! Still waiting its getting close to 72 hours....All good things take time!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
subbin! Been very interested in ACE and OTH and looking to try some too.

LostTribe

Premium user
3/9 peeping out of the dirt so far getting close to 96 hours or 4 days from sowing the seeds!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Howdy Lost tribe,

This is going to be an awesome grow! I'll watch and pull for you to pull a copious amount of electric purple haze! I would def make some seeds, maybe pollinate a few branches?

Best vibes for a great grow!

LostTribe

Premium user
Best of luck LT. I'm sure you can find a keeper in those. Just doing the PH X Malawi ATM myself.

When did they show sex? what light cycle are you running? Pot size? Nutes? what do you guys feed these 100% sativa's?