What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mammoth P Microbes

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Agree, TNT--hence many commercial regimens use a "crop nutrient profile" as a starting point for both synthetic and organic operations.

If the starting point is what you already have....and the goal is what you want (match the "plant's nutrient profile") then, imo, calculating the difference for each element is just part of the solution. Especially if you subscribe to the notion that: all organic sources of the same identical element/nutritient are not necessarily equal....and some combinations can exhibit synergistic characteristics, while some do not.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I am doing some unrelated research for a client on crop nutrient profiles and the application of particular elements/nutrition at specific times. From what I see--practically every crop behaves differently than what you describe. To insure maximum potential, the profiles indicate the need to apply a specific fertility, at a specific rate, at strategic specific times.

Curious as to why, in your opinion, cannabis behaves differently--that is, nutrients needs are more constant than dynamic though the all growing phases.

I am not referring to the normal "feeding schedules" requirements--as those are dependent on using the manufacturer's nutrient line. What I am referring to are plant/crop nutrition profile requirements during the all stages (vegetative and flower).

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm referring to the analysis that I paid for that can be achieved with a one-part salt all through flower. If you want to break it down by all growing phases, go ahead. They've already invented Cultured Solutions.

DocTim420

I'm referring to the analysis that I paid for that can be achieved with a one-part salt all through flower. If you want to break it down by all growing phases, go ahead. They've already invented Cultured Solutions.

Guess I am confused...in your earlier post, you stated cannabis takes roughly the same nutrients all the way from veg to flower (slight reduction in calicium in flower) and I was asking your opinion as to why you think nutrient needs were more constant (not dynamic). Something that seems contrary when comparing nutrients needs/requirements for other plants.

I guess you don't have an opinion as to why you think cannabis nutrient needs are more "straightline". Its cool man.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Guess I am confused...in your earlier post, you stated cannabis takes roughly the same nutrients all the way from veg to flower (slight reduction in calicium in flower) and I was asking your opinion as to why you think nutrient needs were more constant (not dynamic). Something that seems contrary when comparing nutrients needs/requirements for other plants.

I guess you don't have an opinion as to why you think cannabis nutrient needs are more "straightline". Its cool man.

There are lots of opinions on how cannabis should grow, like Dutch vs. American style or breaking down flower boosters by phase. I like simplicity and only use one fertilizer in flower. Your opinion may vary.

DocTim420

Thanks for your reply. I thought your idea had more to do with "personal style"...and less to do about actual nutrient requirements.

If you don't ask a question--then you will never know what someone else is thinking.

Simplicity is good, nothing wrong with that!

kunkgrow

Anyone experiencing PH shifting down after Mammoth P is added to the reservoir?
Before MP, my rez PH usually drifted Up slowly each day, whereas now it is dropping 0.3 each day.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Anyone experiencing PH shifting down after Mammoth P is added to the reservoir?
Before MP, my rez PH usually drifted Up slowly each day, whereas now it is dropping 0.3 each day.
That's what I would expect from logic deduction because P mobilising microbes do so by excreting large amounts of organic acids.

down2grow

How does mammoth p do in RDWC? Any crazy PH swings since it's a bacteria? Loved the results using mammoth when I was hand watering coco, but I'm a PPK'er now.

Yodaweed

How does mammoth p do in RDWC? Any crazy PH swings since it's a bacteria? Loved the results using mammoth when I was hand watering coco, but I'm a PPK'er now.
It works really well, i used it in my rdwc to grow some peppers and it cleared out some root rot i had and kept my root zone really nice. I didn't notice any PH issues.

mcnasty

I dont know if its mammoth P, but since I added mammoth P AND some other microbes my rez will drift UP fast! Im doing flood and drain with hydroton and daily my PH will swing from 5.8 up to 6.2-6.4. Its really annoying. I just picked up some phosphoric acid PH down with hopes of it keeping it stable longer than the GH citric I was using, its not working :-(

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont know if its mammoth P, but since I added mammoth P AND some other microbes my rez will drift UP fast! Im doing flood and drain with hydroton and daily my PH will swing from 5.8 up to 6.2-6.4. Its really annoying. I just picked up some phosphoric acid PH down with hopes of it keeping it stable longer than the GH citric I was using, its not working :-(

living rez for hydro can be really scary....
last i did hydro i kept my rez dead af

mcnasty

the benefits Ive seen since moving to live is wayyyy too nice to go back to dead. I'll figure the PH out. I think its the geolite Im using now from ROCKs, but thats for another thread

Lrus007

Veteran
well i have given mammoth p a 2nd try.
i did not like how the buds came out 1st try.
i did like how it made bigger stems on plants.
my 2nd try i used it until 2nd week of bloom.
it did the same thing.. buds do not look like they should.
if you have a plant that buds are mostly frosty leafs.
then it would work well for you. i would say i got 50%
more leaf from plants. this last crop with it sucked
to much leaf not enough bud. most the time i get 20-25
fist sized buds. this round i only got like 6. then a shitload
of leaf. might work for other strains. but on my main strain
it sucks. i will not be using it anymore.
Lrus007

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Used it, and I didnt like it at all. Think I'll use it strictly while vegging. Made my floppy cookies branches strong tho. Like real strong.

OP

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Photosynthesis plus does a lot more for your plants then this stuff does in my opinion. If you want to get down to noticeable differences, it's no comparison for me. Mammoth p didn't really do much for my garden. It did help revitalize a couple of plants I had in solo cups that were pretty sad, but that was the highlight for me. I could do that with other products easily though, so not essential. In the end, it just seems ridiculously overpriced for really nothing too terribly noticeable. That's been my experience with it and I wont be making any future purchases of it.

progro

Check out Nutri-life Bio P from Nutri-tech solutions. Same stuff probably half the price and twice as strong. I use a few of their products in my formulating. Silica, potassium citrate, fulvic and cloak oil. Agricultural grade not snake oil.