What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace gear and all

orfeas

Veteran
Orfeas, Very nice ladies! I envy the difference some sunshine makes for a grow. Send a little my way. Peace
no artificial light can outshine sunshine no doubt... tell you the truth me plants would eagerly use a few degrees of sun altitude...quite low atm. I on the other hand love this kind of sunlight, a lot warmer than summer...yet it comes with plenty of humidity, rain and all...
you're too far away to receive any... very low intensity...sending it in a peaceful thought is what I can spare :)

I had too much caterpillar(ba$tards) picking this week myself and then I NEEDED the BEER..!! Beer bowl huh..? Hmmm...

Beautiful girls Orfeas..!
Tah!

Hey Orfeas why don''t you but some beer in a bowl, caterpillars love beer, come in bowl and sink drunk ! Works great

d'you mean these munching critters will crawl down a two-metre-plant to get drunk and the consequences? then I guess trial and error will pragmatically prove the effectiveness...

AH HA ORFEUS let me see now, uh huh yes uh huh by god man ,another ADC member sir.. they are looking great as I expect from you..

aye aye shire! :tiphat:

Awesome, orf, looking very good after the drama/trauma Any harvests yet of the more indica?

unfortunately the drama (much less trauma by now) is on on end ...left with just a single branch ( ok, the size of an indoor plant, big deal) that's only suffering a shallow infection and by the way I've seen it, it can hold out for at least ten days or so that would ripen the trichs a bit more...whatever...I've given up on stem rot...it's the bud one that gets me somewhat apprehended...great outdoors...that's the game :biggrin:

Now this wierdo has been playing up on me...or so I reckon...
some ten days ago I clipped a twig with plenty of ambers and thought about getting the pictured thing home a couple of days later...well trichs still look the way they did...bloody peculiar methinks...see for yourself :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100161.jpg
    P1100161.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100162.jpg
    P1100162.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1100163.jpg
    P1100163.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 13

deepwaterdude

no artificial light can outshine sunshine no doubt... tell you the truth me plants would eagerly use a few degrees of sun altitude...quite low atm. I on the other hand love this kind of sunlight, a lot warmer than summer...yet it comes with plenty of humidity, rain and all...
you're too far away to receive any... very low intensity...sending it in a peaceful thought is what I can spare :)

Tah!

d'you mean these munching critters will crawl down a two-metre-plant to get drunk and the consequences? then I guess trial and error will pragmatically prove the effectiveness...

aye aye shire! :tiphat:

unfortunately the drama (much less trauma by now) is on on end ...left with just a single branch ( ok, the size of an indoor plant, big deal) that's only suffering a shallow infection and by the way I've seen it, it can hold out for at least ten days or so that would ripen the trichs a bit more...whatever...I've given up on stem rot...it's the bud one that gets me somewhat apprehended...great outdoors...that's the game :biggrin:

Now this wierdo has been playing up on me...or so I reckon...
some ten days ago I clipped a twig with plenty of ambers and thought about getting the pictured thing home a couple of days later...well trichs still look the way they did...bloody peculiar methinks...see for yourself :biggrin:

Hmmm, methinks she could be done, nonetheless. Some plants take an awful long time to amber, Master Kush was one for me; I let her go until I had oldtimers tactfully saying "Um, I think she's done?" and still never got to 50/50.

Sorry to hear the branch count quickly dwindle to ONE on your big babe. If she puts all her root power into that one branch, could be like one of those 1200$ japanese melons, where there's only one fruit per plant, coddled like a baby Panda until sold in a special box to someone with a luxuriously overestimated digestive system, I'm guessing.

Here's a dark thought and a good idea for a novel; feeding a human ONLY 1200$ melons, until the amorphic thing dies of nutritional failure and then sell IT like a human veal. Would hardly have any bones. Too dark? This bubble hash is strong for AM imaginations.

I think there's a crazy pic on the internet of caterpillars after gorging themselves on beer... they look freakishly human at this magnification-the cannabis plant looks like a tree! Let's see if I can... wait... here it is.

Attachments

• Caterpillars up close.jpg
    Caterpillars up close.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 15

orfeas

Veteran
dudemate oh dudemate! never seen such a gigantic caterpillar, let alone clad in human outfit... absolutely hilarious... :laughing:

the silver lining in panamala catastrophy are those two branches inundated with milky trichs...they may not produce a maximal devastating high, but according to a sample I've had from a late September dead branch, the high IS there... :)

you may call that thought of yours dark, but it reminded me of W. Reich saying " Our aim should be to eagerly devour ourselves and defecate them anew!" you can laugh or ponder... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100174.jpg
    P1100174.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 20

orfeas

Veteran
Those are some beastly "branches", look more like full plants to me indoor apple pies Glad there's a there there
sure your apple pies won't mislead you...why they're big spanning some six foot...the dame would've smashed the scale ten p of netto, had she been tended in proper premises...and the smoke on paar with weight...ridonculous :biggrin: a downside though being the abundance of trichs giving me a hell of a time trimming...apart from the fan leaves there's barely any other leaf devoid of those lovely crystal balls...not bollocks :biggrin:
I wonder why no one has come with non-stick trimming scissors, or has one? :)

Well at least you guys had A good laugh with my beer experiment
no offence mate! was just thinking that by the time the beast was down to drink the drink might have gone stale...why I spot them only in the penhouse of the highrise :biggrin:
I have been using beer, as a supplement, in luring potions for wasps when they are in volumes...

Consolidated

420giveaway
Hi Orfeas those branches are each one of them bigger than indoors big plants and the others - rot free - looks like I used to enjoy from your hands. :dance013:
I wanna ask you about a Pan- Mal. which seems to me as more Malawi leaning than Panama
I am trying to post an attachment.foto of her couple weeks ago.

..Thanks friend...i wish you the best and for all the outdoor growers good whether as is possible for the rest of the season. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG 0930
    IMG 0930
    96.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
Purple Mex

Purple Mex

alritey folks, weather has been glorious so far making my gals feel jolly happy unlike my olive trees...weather man says it'll keep like that almost till the end of the month.
autumnal colours on my Purple Mex bring good tidings...I fancy the purpling too :biggrin: she smells somewhat floral albeit faint...

Conso, nice babe, mate!

"downunder", thanks for the link!

Have a nice w/e you lovable lot!

Attachments

• P1100196.jpg
    P1100196.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100195.jpg
    P1100195.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100194.jpg
    P1100194.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 9

orfeas

Veteran
bowing Zamaldelica

bowing Zamaldelica

relocation done, plant unscathed after I had undone every single support string :biggrin:
she gets full flowering meals + organic N with micros + honey (kindly offered by a bee-keeper old chap).
I really fancy the way she self-defoliates.
gone cloudy all over now with an occasional amber or two ,the apokathelosis drawing close...next full moon methinks...

Attachments

• P1100193.jpg
    P1100193.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100191.jpg
    P1100191.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100192.jpg
    P1100192.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100190.JPG
    P1100190.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 22
  • P1100189.JPG
    P1100189.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 11

orfeas

Veteran
painted the sky blue this morning and shot a few pics of the last heroicly stem rot defiant branch of Panamala...

Oye syd, I guess it's high time I got them fiskars.. wish I could get their pruning gear for my olive trees :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100204.jpg
    P1100204.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P1100205.jpg
    P1100205.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100207.jpg
    P1100207.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100208.jpg
    P1100208.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 12

orfeas

Veteran
Zamaldelica

Zamaldelica

well well folks
panamala succumbed 30th of the former...already trimmed and jarred, three 1 1/2 lt jars off a single branch ain't that bad, is it?

now this Zamaldelica looks somewhat panting despite the chilly temps at night...no change in any aspect be it volume, smell or trichs...she's been running on three main branches of which I clipped the one in the last pic just to see if there's any difference in the ten-day time span I'm planning to bring her home weather willing...

Attachments

• P1100248.jpg
    P1100248.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100244.jpg
    P1100244.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100247.jpg
    P1100247.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 10
G

Wow,she looks readyish for sure...I predict harvesting the day you test the sample ...or the next :biggrin:Looks lethal!

orfeas

Veteran
Wow,she looks readyish for sure...I predict harvesting the day you test the sample ...or the next :biggrin:Looks lethal!

gracias, cavron! :biggrin:

now what's been puzzling me is this Purple Mex for which dubi gives mid-October as harvest time... today its trichs are still cloudy with a few amber ones here and there...:whistling:
to take or not to take...will, say,a week make any difference to the high?

cloudy today, smells of rain...

Attachments

• P1100239.jpg
    P1100239.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100240.jpg
    P1100240.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100241.jpg
    P1100241.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 10
G

You mean Charlie:)

I kinda liked the early samples better ,more racy.I 'd harvest at least the tops now.:tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
You mean Charlie:)

I kinda liked the early samples better ,more racy.I 'd harvest at least the tops now.:tiphat:

Hola, coño! :biggrin:
agree with you about the high that's why I took it down last week...see what gives a month later...

now what I find a disgrace is to tend a plant for 6-7 months and get what in the end? Nothing or almost...I mean highwise...talking about a last week's sample of Zamaldelica I tested yesterday...absolutely ridiculous...rarely have I been so badly let down...mind you, this is the first time I have gone that far into autumn... and with no trace of mould or any other disease.
So I'm going to let her go as long as weather permits and hope she will amber a bit more...
As for the lack of high, I'll "cob" her my own way and see if a long curing can turn the tables for my sake...

Attachments

• P1100252.jpg
    P1100252.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100249.jpg
    P1100249.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100251.jpg
    P1100251.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 14

konopenko

Veteran
Yo Orfeas tio , buds looks tasty to me..are you sure your lungs have normal capacity :biggrin: bro I recon you smoke at least 6-9 joints per day :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas friend,

Happy to see you have finished another successful outdoor harvest, and your longest one! :)

The purple Zamaldelica has clearly shown strong Thai influence with those colors and its foxtailed flower formation at the end of flowering. These kind of phenos from the regular Zamaldelica lines take longer to finish (they go into November as you have experienced) and maybe lack of the more refined terpenes, bag appeal, and strong initial punch of the current Zamaldelica feminized version, these wilder, very tropical sativa phenos from Zamaldelica regular need in my experience a proper curing to show their potential, they are usually very racy and accelerated, pretty much like a stimulant effect rather than a typical cannabis effect.

The Panama x Malawi looks like had a happy end, i'm sure this one will deliver a much more obvious effect, without mercy heheheh ;)

The Purple Mexican went longer than i would expect for a hybrid of this kind, although i'm not familiarized with the parental plants that CBG uses to produce this F1. Hope the finished product is of your taste.

Regarding the flushing question, yes, i also believe that flushing is important when growing in soil organically, i typically like to flush outdoor plants for 2-3 weeks before harvest. Makes the taste smoother, healthier and more natural.

Wish you enjoy in the upcoming months with your well deserved harvest! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts