What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

One Güey

Well said farmerlion

On a side note I'm glad we can grow in California for recreation purposes now. But look up your county and city laws they can still ban outdoor growing. Not indoors though.

Peace

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I sure hope you guys are right. The last thing America needs is a reboot of the (failed) war on drugs.

Tikal x Honduras on day 2 of flower:
picture.php

My two Hondurans around 3.5 weeks of flower:
picture.php

picture.php

cimry1

I am very interested in the Honduras! I am looking for a strain that is clear and active. The ones that I have always like the most were Thai dominant phenotypes from Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica. How do Honduras compare to the Thai phenotypes?

Terpene

Veteran
I am very interested in the Honduras! I am looking for a strain that is clear and active. The ones that I have always like the most were Thai dominant phenotypes from Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica. How do Honduras compare to the Thai phenotypes?

I'll let Dubi answer this one as he has actually smoked it...

but I would say based on growth habit the effects will be very similar to southern Mexican / Columbian / Panamanian lines ("soaring" south American sativas).

Thai is generally more electric, more crystalline clear - though south Americans are generally pretty clear experience as well. Zamaldelica is more trippy, more of a "rush" than I expect from south American lines.

Paging Dubi, your expertise is needed ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Terpene, it's a pleasure to see the development of the pure Honduras and the Tikal/Honduras hybrid :yes:

Welcome cimry1! I'm glad you have enjoyed Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica.

Regarding your question, Honduras effect is very clear and active, stimulating without body heaviness, much more gentle than the stronger Zamaldelicas or Golden Tigers, obviously not so strong like the Malawi hybrids, but it will fit your needs if you are looking for a clear sativa, with well focused effect for daily activities. It also yields a lot when is properly grown.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Honduras Breeders Pack

Honduras Breeders Pack

We have released an Honduras Breeders Pack with the most representative phenos of the strain, using the best parental plants of each pheno to produce the offspring of the different lines.

http://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/breeders-pack/honduraspackcriastd.html

Description of the different Honduras standard lines included in the Breeders Pack:

Colombian pheno: It has the same growing and flowering habits than the 'mexican' pheno, but clearly stands out for having more refined, pleasant and stronger fermented lemony aromas. It also has the strongest, most balanced and complex effects, the highest THC (11.60 %) and terpene content.

Mexican pheno: The aroma and taste are mainly earthy, herbal and woody like many old mexicans, with a slight background of fermented citrics. This pheno produces plants with the most electric, stimulant and clear effects, almost like a discharge of pure energy of 1 hour duration, without ceiling or hangover. The thc content of this 'mexican' pheno is moderate (compared with modern hybrids): around 6-9 %, with none or very little CBD or CBG content.

Rare, late flowering pheno: It's an interesting, rare (not so frequent) late flowering pheno, with creamy tropical aromas and excellent stimulating effect. The yield and size of the plant was a bit smaller than her sisters, the flowering time was 1-2 weeks longer than the average, and the flower formation was slightly different, with less numerous, but bigger and thicker pistils. The effect is very electric, clear, motivating, similar to the mexican pheno, but more complex and intense.

Standard lines available (10 standard seeds/line) :

- Colombian pheno.

- Mexican pheno.

- Rare, late flowering pheno.

To create this P2 (second generation) standard stock we pollinated best P1 (first generation) females from the 3 different phenos, with best 3 (most vigorous, better yielding, most aromatic) P1 males: 2 stinky males with reddish stems and 1 green male.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Honduras mother (colombian pheno) finishing outdoors

Honduras mother (colombian pheno) finishing outdoors

Honduras mother (colombian pheno) finishing outdoors 20th November. An old indoor mother of medium size was moved outdoors in early September, then grown and flowered naturally and organically outdoors in a 15-20 liter pot.

Very nice intense reddish/purple colors, exotic fruity, sweet and sour aroma, high yield, very good mold resistance (it has been raining heavily in this last weeks).

This pheno seems highly related to the colorful Purple Hazes and to the old, very tropical Punto Rojos, but this hondurean colombian mother flowers faster and is more productive, yet 100 % tropical sativa pheno. Pure Oldtimer's Haze is barely passing mid flowering at the same day of flowering.

Attachments

• Honduras colombian pheno.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Honduras colombian pheno cola.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno cola.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Honduras colombian pheno cola2.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno cola2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Honduras colombian pheno bud.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno bud.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Honduras colombian pheno bud2.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno bud2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Honduras colombian pheno bud3.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno bud3.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Honduras colombian pheno bud4.jpg
    Honduras colombian pheno bud4.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 114

Terpene

Veteran
Dubi, those shots look great! Good production, great colors... I am looking forward to mine finishing!

The two indoor Tikal x Honduras I had went male. Here's my one remaining Tikal x Honduras outside and becoming quite the shrub:
picture.php

The columbian looking Honduras twins are flowering nicely and are at about 4.5 weeks:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
My two outdoor Hondurans are cruising along at 6 weeks. The thicker vegging pheno continues to put out thick, columnar flowers. The pleasantly fragrant plant with more pencil thin leaves in veg is developing wispy flowers similar to what you'd expect from a haze.

Thicker:
picture.php

Wispy:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Tikal x Honduras around 3 weeks in, starting to push purple. Nightime temps have been in between 4-9C.
picture.php

The two Hondurans continue to truck along and seem to be generally unbothered by the low temps unlike the Tikal x Honduras.
picture.php

picture.php

However there is one branch on the thicker pheno that is starting to show color..
picture.php

Levitationofme

Glad I got some of these Honduran beans. Mucho interesting things going on.
So many cool seeds to try. Im sure this will be yet another great smoke

:biggrin:

Terpene

Veteran
I am loving the look of the Hondurans. Southern California has been receiving more rain that we did last year though both plants remain solid, no mold or mildew. The columnar pheno is putting on weight like crazy. This is 8.5 weeks (with a great structural shot of Tikal x Honduran in the background):
picture.php

same plant, purple cola:
picture.php

the plant I described previously as hazey developing I am pretty sure is the longer flowering pheno:
picture.php

Tikal x Honduras is a bit slow to develop at 5weeks. This is entirely my fault, low temps and a plant sitting on bare soil led to cold roots. Its since been raised up a bit and seems a bit happier though VERY purple for this early in development:
picture.php

picture.php

Dubi you're sure making it easy to take pretty pictures!

Beautiful plants Terpene!

Here are my two Honduras girls 2 weeks into 11/13. They've just about completed their stretch, one being quite a bit taller, the other more compact. I'm seeing reddish hues on the stems of the smaller one.

picture.php

picture.php

And here are a couple shots of the 2 males I got from the 4 seeds I popped. I did a bit of pollen chucking using the two Tikal I have flowering and a beautiful golden tiger which smells of body odour and lemons. Should be fun to see what I get.

picture.php

picture.php

Happy growing everyone!

The Hatter

Veteran
This looks like a great new addition to the Ace roster. I've always been a fan of the clean, energetic and sociable latin american sativas. I bet this would cross well with something like the Panama. I love those classic jagged edged leaves. Some of the best Mexican sativas share this trait. In fact of if you showed me some of these pics without telling me what they were I would probably guess Mexican land race. Even the buds look similiar except that they are a bit larger and fatter than most of the Mexican sats I have seen.

My last run didn't have a single pure land race sativa in the mix and I must say I really did miss it. The half breeds are nice and all, but nothing is quite like the original when you have that itch to scratch. I'm glad I checked back in on the Ace forums. It looks like Dubi and crew have been very busy doing great things.

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
Record setting rainfall caused the hondurans to show minor mold issues and were brought indoors to finish off under the LEDs. I was under the impression they were close to finishing off as the rains started. I figured the rain would provide a bit of a freshwater flush though I under estimated by how much! When I brought the Hondurans inside, they were quite hungry. I have since fed them to try and green them up a bit but they’re not nearly as pretty as they were a few weeks ago.

On the other hand, they’re really stacking on the weight and the columnar pheno has a cola the near as makes no difference to the size of a 40oz bottle - not bad for 2 hungry plants sharing 13L of soil! Bringing them inside to dryer conditions (and 11D/13 from 10D/14 outside) has caused them to throw a bunch of new flowers and will probably extend the flowering time a bit.. Here are some shots at 14 weeks:

Columnar pheno
picture.php

picture.php

Stretchier pheno
picture.php

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cute buds Terpene. Glad you could get them inside and save them. Look forward to a smoke report. I have 5 of these seeds for a future grow.

These look to be what Mexican used to be like, back when it was 'good'.

Terpene

Veteran
Tikal x Honduran at its 10 week winter chop made for some excellent smoke! I’ve been enjoying it uncured over the past week. I would describe it as a well balanced, positive feeling south american sativa with nice indica touches though its clearer and less soaring than you’d expect with a really nice PCKish-berries/bubblegum smell and flavor. I am sure that it will improve a great deal with time even though its great straight off the drying rack.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Spectacular fall colors on this line Dubi - several friends took selfies with this plant (most of whom do not smoke lol) :D

deepwaterdude

Amazing looking yield on the hondurans and a beautiful finish on the Tikal x! Inspiring. IME LEDs can sometimes prolong flowering a bit if the spectrum is not adjustable or actual wattage is too low. My first runs with them, amber trichs were an eternal wait for some reason, maybe just simple wattage. If the LED spectrum is adjustable, maybe cutting out the blues almost totally would help them finish. Also, I got reflowerings when I started keeping root zones warmer at night in winter, and as these girls have just come in from outside, I'm sure it's a tad inevitable that they deconstrict. Oh no! More bud;) Beauts.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PandyFackler,

Thanks for sharing pics of your Honduras too :)

Both females look very healthy and well developed, ready to face the flowering stage in perfect shape! Try to provide them with strong light intensity and constant warm temps (between 24ºC-28ºC) and they will reward you with a very high yield of great crystalline sativa effects.

I'm glad you you are using Honduras to make your homegrown hybrids. We also have produced different Tikal x Honduras hybrids, Terpene is already testing one of them, as you can see in this thread. Golden Tiger x Honduras sounds interesting! ;)

Beautiful plants Terpene!

Here are my two Honduras girls 2 weeks into 11/13. They've just about completed their stretch, one being quite a bit taller, the other more compact. I'm seeing reddish hues on the stems of the smaller one.

View Image

View Image

And here are a couple shots of the 2 males I got from the 4 seeds I popped. I did a bit of pollen chucking using the two Tikal I have flowering and a beautiful golden tiger which smells of body odour and lemons. Should be fun to see what I get.

View Image

View Image

Happy growing everyone!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot Terpene for your updates and contributions in the Honduras thread :yes:

As we commented in private, i'm surprised your Honduras got mold, we have tested the main Honduras parental plants selected to produce the seeds of its release (and concretly Honduras 7, mother of the offspring that you are growing) outdoors in a quite rainy autumn, and they handled very well the rains and wet conditions.
Only one Honduras female from our initial selections with the strain had bad resistance against mold and was discarded for breeding.

I guess your Honduras female was a bit paralyzed (due its tropical origins) outdoors with the cold temps and very short flowering photoperiods of the winter at your latitude, but after place her indoors with warmer temps she exploded again producing new reflowerings. Now looks like she is having a good flower development, very sexy and big tropical sativa flowers! ;)