What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks dubi, i was actually thinking about the panama, which of the african sativas would you reccomend?

also i was interested in lilly, can you tell me anything more about it.
also are there any strains in your r and d stuff that you think might be of specific interest to me, really anything at this point im just trying to find some interesting and unusual stuff to play with in the future, colors are always welcome, and any thing with strong and unique aromas,

also im curious if you know of any sativas that have a very strong christmas tree smell, i used to smoke some stuff back in the early 80s called christmas tree, it was obviously sativa, dark color when dried with dark purplish red pistils, very sticky and potent for what was around at the time,clear sparkly high, pretty trippy, i remember feeling like i was living in a movie, and the sensation that i was in freefall and the rush that comes with that even though i was just sitting on a log smoking a joint, i have had other pine smelling strains but almost all have some citrus or sourness to them also, and are more of a standard pine sap smell, this was more like fresh crushed needles from a douglas fir, or maybe a blue spruce, anyhow enough reminiscing, you get the idea anything like that no matter flower duration or lack of commercial bag appeal, those are nice but not important to what im doing.

thanks again for all the info, and making your knowledge available.

Hi cobaltrod,

I haven't bred Lilly so i'm not the best person to inform you about her but i know Mario from Delicatessen breeds excellent strains (that's why we distribute his work through our website) and Lilly (based on dozens of experiences from many growers) has a great reputation as a very tasty and colorful early flowering sativa with very refined fruity aromas and great resin production.

Regarding piney aromas, ErdPurt and its crosses produce the strongest piney smelling plants we offer.

Another interesting line to explore for your quest of a colorful pistiled plant with remarkable CBD content would the new Lebanese x ErdPurt F1 hybrid from our R+D section, i think it has potential for your goals although i will be able to provide more info when the season is over and we have tested it in more depth.

cobaltrod

good info i'll add the lebanese x erdpurt to my wish list, sorry i didn't realize you didn't breed lilly i saw her on your site and didnt realize it wasn't your work, but thank you for the info on it anyhow,
here are some more male shots, this one has pollinated a barneys farm cookies kush, a world of seeds columbian gold, and a bomb seeds berry bomb so far, im thinking he,s going to be the alpha male from that pack, he was the most vigorous, and has nice internode spacing and decent stretch for an erdpurt, so im thinking he will be good for indica and poly hybrid crosses,
the first male was much more compact and fast flowering , so i used him to pollinate my 14 week+ pheno of liberty haze,
:thank you:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Nice pictures and some nice plants. Thank you for sharing Cobaltrod. Peace

Spaventa

Veteran
Im sold on this for next year outdoor. It is one of only a 3 photoperiod strains I will try so it will be a 3 way, side by side, by side to see which does best under the blazing English sun :)

The buds look beautiful and I don't now if its coincidence but it reminds me of one of the other strains among the 3 - very colourful. Perhaps this is linked to cold climate development, anyway nice plants indeed cobalt rod, I look forward to seeing harvest and smoke report - the way dubi describes coffee and earthiness gets me very interested :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@dubi

Hi.
How great are the chances I get a cbd rich pheno from a ten-pack regulars Erdpurt?

DRS

Welcome DesertRockStone,

First of all, we must define: What is a rich cbd strain ?

That's a good question. In my opinion a true rich CBD plant has at least 4 % of CBD and a CBD:THC ratio of 1:1 or higher. If a strain/line produces unstable chemotypes and produces THC rich phenotypes then i don't consider the strain to be a CBD rich line.

I think it's important to define it because as far as i know there's not a standard definition agreed by the community about what is a CBD strain or not ? But the term is widely used.

As stated in the official ErdPurt description at our website :

https://www.aceseeds.org/es/erdpurtstd.html

ErdPurt produces mainly plants with a 1:1 CBD:THC chemotype, usually with 7 % of CBD and 7 % of THC, and less frequently plants with even higher CBD content and lower THC content.

So to answer your question: all the ErdPurt plants (from the regular release or the feminized one) are CBD rich, at least following the definition stated above.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Spaventa,

I'm lucky to live in a coastal mediterranean climate where we can finish properly even the most tropical and longer flowering sativas, and of course fast flowering indicas like ErdPurt also perform very well here, but the best potential of ErdPurt line is in colder nothern climates, ErdPurt also loves the mountain conditions ... i was surprised to see northern growers growing our ErdPurt seeds in the mountains and getting much bigger plants than us in a warmer lowland climate with shorter days.

ErdPurt (green pheno) has a signature piney, earthy, hashy, wet soil/wet grass, coffee terpene profile. The colorful ErdPurt phenos have more berry. ErdPurt nowadays is so inbred that works much better in hybrids, right now i'm doing smoking tests of a new CBD rich ErdPurt A (green pheno) x CBD 1 hybrid, which has the best traits from both lines and with all the best ErdPurt traits, but enhanced thanks to hybrid vigor, all the plants of the cross seem to be rich in CBD. Very satisfied with this new hybrid so far, as a potential new candidate for a new CBD rich release. I will elaborate more about this cross after bring samples to the lab and get more info about the chemotype/s found in the hybrid.

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
I grow erdpurt indoor.....regular seeds......

MALE

picture.php

picture.php

female

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the smoke remind me the PCK .....really smooth!

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
some more....

picture.php

picture.php

and here the seeds pack...it's the first time I see the packing date!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

boom

Last edited:

DesertRockStone

Hi dubi and thanks for your answer.

I wasn't sure about that. The information sheet on ACE's homepage says 6 to 12% so I wasn't sure about that. A 1:1 ratio is very nice by the way. And you are right. It's absolutely about defining rich cbd. I define it by 2% and above. Some breeders highlight their 0.5% genetics as cbd rich. So there's some space between and of course there are lots of variations in genetics but I think it's a very good thing.

I hope I get ready for growing this year. Thanks for now.

DRS

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely StRa :)

Nice green ErdPurt male and really beautiful purple ErdPurt female too ;)
Thanks a lot for posting them. Hope you are enjoying with the genetics.

Any plan for breeding with them ?

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
yep Dubi!!!

that male has been lucky ......he banged all female/strains I had in flowering....

Let's see if I'm able to sprout them soon for this outdoor season......

boom boom!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
heheeheh then the male really did boom boom! :D

Please, keep us updated with the outcome of your hybrids! :yes:

hoki2test

Veteran
My ErdPurt Green Pheno (runt)

My ErdPurt Green Pheno (runt)

My ErdPurt Green Pheno (runt),Out of 5 fem seeds of ACE ErdPurt this was the runt and instead of putting her in the main flower room with her much bigger sisters she was potted up in soil and left alone outside to do her own thing....She still has a few weeks to go but I love the sickly sweet pine and hash smell this little tart is putting out...Even if she is a runt I look forward to adding her to my lungs!:woohoo:
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
StRa, that male looks great, also interested to hear about the offspring.

Dubi the terpenes/aromas you describe sound really nice.

I suspect the improved performance at higher altitude was partly due to air quality - more co2, less pollution/salt.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice hoki2test :)

Looks like an inbred offspring from ErdPurt A green parental plant hence the lesser vigor, you should fine the piney/earthy/hashy terpenes you are describing, with a nice wet soil/wet grass aftertaste after a good curing, and a 1.1 THC:CBD chemotype with approx 7 % of THC and 7 % of CBD.

Looking forward to see the bigger ones soon too! ;)