What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do most hydro growers run their EC at?

noodles05

I dont go above 1.8 for the EC.
I sit at around 1.2 when i turn them 12/12 & then start to up it.
Depends on the strain really & what they like.

63or63

Call me Icarus. But I run 100% coco coir

During vegetative growth- EC=1.4-1.6
During flowering growth- EC= 2.2-2.6

soundman

I'm in the minority here.

I run straight coco and water twice a day at EC .8 to 1 at the most. No burnt tips and better terps IMO. When I run high EC and push my plants I think the product suffers some. Still great but not as good as the lower EC runs.

bobert

I'll try to explain how exactly I feed. And when I know I fed too much.

I run a single 5 gal dwc bucket. Using 1:2 ratio of gh micro:bloom.

I stray away from the traditional 'lucas formula' but still use the same nutrient ratios.

I start very low around 300 ppm for seedlings and work my way up.

This sounds opposite to what you'll find researching. But, starting at say 300ppm I'll keep it around there by mixing a separate gallon of nutrients and adding it to the dwc bucket. Once the pH drops and won't stay steady, I'll start upping the ppm until I see the pH hold steady or slightly rise.

I try to underfeed, not the other way around.

If the pH keeps dropping at a higher rate than it was before I upped the nutrients I obviously added too much and the solution should've been diluted instead of strengthened.

I've worked my way up to 2100ppm this way without seeing any tips burning.

And sorry about using ppm instead of e.c. This was with a .5 conversion ppm meter.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts