What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

I'm doing a run with Jack's Hydro Classic 5-12-26 after reading so many positive things about it online. Kind of scary as this is the first time I've done a run with something other than Lucas since the beginning of my hydro career. I can autopilot on Lucas without even being conscious now. But running a completely new nute program is exciting.

So far, I haven't killed my plants yet. So I'm chalking this up as positive. It's pretty impressive though, the plants look like they're exploding upwards with noticeable growth and leaves pointed upwards.

I went with 2.5 grams of Jacks and about 2 grams of Calcium Nitrate per gallon of well water. So far, so good. I'll report in at the end of this run with my results.

beta

Veteran
I went with 2.5 grams of Jacks and about 2 grams of Calcium Nitrate per gallon of well water. So far, so good. I'll report in at the end of this run with my results.

fwiw you'll probably want a stronger mix. I use 3.7g of Jack's Hydro and 2.5g of CalNit per gallon and I feed that mix to everything - Freshly rooted clones, seeds that just popped, vegging plants, blooming plants.... Everything. Comes out to about 1.6EC with my tap water.

fwiw you'll probably want a stronger mix. I use 3.7g of Jack's Hydro and 2.5g of CalNit per gallon and I feed that mix to everything - Freshly rooted clones, seeds that just popped, vegging plants, blooming plants.... Everything. Comes out to about 1.6EC with my tap water.

I definitely plan to pump it up once I get into flowering, I wanted to start light to welcome my clones into the flowering room but I'll definitely bump it up a week or two into flowering. I tend to overfeed so I wanted to start light with a whole new nute base I'm unfamiliar with.

p0opstlnksal0t

I've run out of my last 25lb bag of Jack's I'm going to give greenleaf megacrop 1 part a chance. See if it makes life a little easier. No issues with Jack's but mixing a 275g tote every few days with jacks, calnit, fulvic, agsil, Epsom (gg4) takes too long for my liking. Hoping the MC speeds up my res fills

eric2028

Veteran
I’m running jacks 321 in pure coco. I’m noticing a mag def in veg. It clears up by week 4 of bloom every time. Is anyone still charging their coco? Maybe that’s my problem.

beta

Veteran
I’m running jacks 321 in pure coco. I’m noticing a mag def in veg. It clears up by week 4 of bloom every time. Is anyone still charging their coco? Maybe that’s my problem.

I had the same deficiency until I stepped my feeding up from 3/2/1 to 3.7/2.5 (what the label directions recommend and dropped epsom). This comes out to around 1.6EC with my tap and I don't see any deficiencies anywhere ever.

I use the same nute solution on everything from new seedlings, freshly rooted clones, all the way through week 8 of flower.

Drop That Sound

Can someone check me on my ratio's?

Without using epsoms I want my regular DWC veg mix at around 500 PPM. So that would be 300 of 5-12-26 and 200 of CalNit, correct?

Now stepping into the first week or so of flower I would eventually want to slowly cut back on the calnit, but also start gradually raising the whole Target ppm to around 7-750 max.

Lets just say for my first jacks run, should I just keep the 3-2 ratio and bump up to 700?

Would be cool to hear from the other R/DWC growers here and their recipes..

Okay, normally I wouldn't keep reporting in. But since I was thirsty for knowledge before I switched, I think I'll add my experience.

I am so impressed already just two weeks in with Jack's that it's making me rethink everything I've ever done in growing. My plants are just exploding in growth like I've never seen before to the point I'm really wondering why I've stuck with Lucas for the past decade. I am completely shocked. My plants after way too short of a veg time are already up to my chin. Already I think these are going to be the biggest plants I've ever grown.

I've also done some pretty neat things incorporating LEDs with HPS lights for the first time. But I can't believe the results I'm having already with Jacks.

giphy.gif

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can someone check me on my ratio's?

Without using epsoms I want my regular DWC veg mix at around 500 PPM. So that would be 300 of 5-12-26 and 200 of CalNit, correct?

Now stepping into the first week or so of flower I would eventually want to slowly cut back on the calnit, but also start gradually raising the whole Target ppm to around 7-750 max.

Lets just say for my first jacks run, should I just keep the 3-2 ratio and bump up to 700?

Would be cool to hear from the other R/DWC growers here and their recipes..

dam only 700 ppm? brotha, your ladies need 1000+ for bloom, and you can scale it. start veg around 600 - simply double the ppms to 1200+ at the peak feed in flower, week 5. Scale up, then scale down. Scale the PH starting week 3 raising it by .1 every week, if you are at hte proper 5.8, then you'll be at 6.3ph come week 7/8 depends on how you roll, and it can stay in the 6's range. So gradually lower the ppms and the ph won't matter by the end, especially those last feeds when you are at 250 ppms. From there you can go into a 2 week flush with pure h20 un PH'd and have ZERO issues.

I don't do R/DWC, tried and true, drain to waste, pure coco. but the PH stays stable and swings slightly, if you adjust it to 5.8 as i do, it'll swing up to 6.3 on its own with in a day or two, but when recirculating, it might be even more lenient with a less gradual swing from the re-circulation.

I find the best way to control your ratios are to do a couple things.

One, if you are using additives with Jacks, be sure you are doing it correct, like silica before everything else, and bloom booster at the very end before ph'ing.

Start off by learning your water and how it works with Jacks. IF you are using R/O you should be on a very identical page as anyone else. The simplest way to do it is, example, 55 gallon drum, fill up to 40 gallons. Then using a tablespoon, and not a scale (what a dusty mess) figure out how many scoops you need to get to your optimal PPM threshold for the CalNit.

Say you are feeding veg, 1 tbsp = the perfect amount for 10 gallons of R/o Water to reach the 600 ppm threshold. Then you'll want to use the same exact VOLUME of Hydro. So 4 tbsp of the hydro and VIOLA!!!! you have a perfectly balanced mix, with mostlikely a ph of 6.1-6.3 if you aren't using silica.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND VOLUME DOES NOT REFLECT WEIGHT. do not get confused with other peoples ratios thinking this way is incorrect. its the most simple way to complete this work, and i used to mix over 600 gallons of jacks, every day. Volume is key to maintaining continuity. Again the volume of the different inputs is different even though the measurement is the same.

When it comes time to bloom, you are going to change the volume of HYDRO if you are not using anything besides jacks.

Say its week 4 and you are looking to get to 1200 ppms. You won't want to be using an equal VOLUME amount of calnit and hydro at that time because there'll be too much nitrogen. Simply make a base mix, and then add more Hydro to raise the ppms to your desired threshold. So for instance you make a mix at 1000 ppms between calnit and hydro, but you want 1200, just add more hydro to the res till you get that 200 ppms.

Its that easy, and it WORKSS!!!!! cheap asssss fuckkkkkk and SO SIMPLE.

All these guys weighing out the stuff are creating health hazards as the dust from the hydro mix will give you cancer.

I went to the container store and purchased these high quality plastic air tight tubs, to store the JAcks. You could buy a food grade 5 gallon pail that comes with a rubber gasket lid.

keep all moisture OUT AND AWAY!!! especially from the CalNit. CalNit literally bleeds from humidity alone, you might have noticed your bag having the "wet" blue lining inside, too much moisture in the air, its ruining ur calnit.

I found Jacks To be the most cost effective but not the best Nutrient Regime.

I was doing some experiments and its hard to admit this but 6/9, is still better than Jacks... terps don't lie. BUT when you are growing BIG, Jacks is the way to go.

If you are growing on a small scale, 20 lights or less. I recommend supplementing your Nutrient mix if your budget allows.

First, if you aren't, you should be, making ACT, activated compost tea, or even better, Vermitea, using EWC and not compost as the microbe source. A lot of people will say its counter intuitive to feed salts and use organics like Teas, but its HOW you use them together that counts. We would mix the tea straight into our res with a veg level salt base around 600+/- ppms. This way the girls didn't get shocked and the microbes wouldn't be fried right away.

Teas are important at different times. Most effective in veg/pre bloom. IF your girls aren't dark green you can use a veg tea recipe upt to week 1 of flower, but we would start using our bloom tea mix 2 weeks before bloom to get the clones we would take off the girls proper and to help them boost up their PK levels and get the proper elements for the microbes in the medium before they are required.

If you haven't heard of DEM dragonfly earth medicines, one would be wise to research and incorporate their products into their feeding regime.

Once a week with the tea is perfect, less is more, but for R/DWC you can spray your plants with the Tea to get the results you seek without compromising your buckets.

Get and use a quality mycorrhizae product such as Great White or Lush Roots from DEM. You can either incorporate during plantings or into a tea. Or even top dress and water in.

Lastly, Jacks could use some supplements to get the most out of your girls, depending on your budget will vary what you can and can't do. One could use almost any additive with Jacks if done correctly.

I like GH floralicious Plus organic, only once a week with this stuff, its extremely concentrated and strong, helps feed the microbes and provide micros.

If using irrigation, drip clean will help a lot!

SM90 to break water cohesion and raise PH with out using a PH up.

MOAB once or twice in the entire cycle. Depends on strains. Something like glue will eat it up early, while an OG would do better with a mid flower boost.

Hygrozyme or Cannazyme is almost a must if not using teas.

If u just wanna add sugars for the microbes, use Molasses. Stuff like Bud Candy or floranectar can get expensive. Don't forget, always get organic blackstrap molasses.

I'm a little old school, but there are a lot of new products, and variations of supplements to meet any and all needs. Just remember, additives are only for specific needs, systems, and results.

in R/DWC i wouldn't use floracious Plus, its too organic or other organic inputs like the Teas, but i would be diligent with the zyme, to keep things clean and other products that are meant for R/DWC and will help that system put out by giving your girls what they need and keeping things in balance.

I hope this helps in a way. I had to do so much digging and r&D to find out the best way to use Jacks. Volume man, don't do these ratios, it'll drive you nuts, make mixing take forever and tedious taking away from your time in the garden.

:tiphat:

jidoka

I had the same deficiency until I stepped my feeding up from 3/2/1 to 3.7/2.5 (what the label directions recommend and dropped epsom). This comes out to around 1.6EC with my tap and I don't see any deficiencies anywhere ever.

I use the same nute solution on everything from new seedlings, freshly rooted clones, all the way through week 8 of flower.

The truth...respect.

I was unable to find the label of the 16-4-17

Jacks 5-12-26 has very high levels of magnesium and sulfur.... this has led some to speculate it has been made for cannabis...

most people who use 5-12-26 can avoid the use of epsoms...... magnesium and sulfer

with 16-4-17 thats always an option

However the npk sounds more like something I would give to lettuce...not a flower plant of any sort
I use this formula per gal works very well.
This is GGG formula from YouTube *guys not the Original Mr.GreenGenes but anyways, here’s his formula I have been using in coir and so far so good as follows.

My Recipe per gal of R/O water. With PH between 6.0-6.5
Jacks 5-12-26 3.6 g per gal
Jacks calcium nitrate. 2.4 g per gal
Magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) 1.2 g per gal.
Fulvic acid once a month @ .8 g per gal
Recharge once a week 1/4 g per gal
Mammoth P 1.0-3.0 ml per gal once a week
Tribus grow or bloom depending on veg or flower use with recharge @ 1 ml per gal.
Side note* I hand water my greens using this formula for each gal of nutes hope this helps, I use a digital scale to measure my salts then ph with drops until I get the solution to a *CORONA BEER* color which is around 6-6.5 .

Drop That Sound

Nevermind the 3/2/1 formula's.. actually go ahead, i'm also still interested in the best ratios... but has anyone yet to try any of the other new products, like ultraviolet(transition to flower), bloom, or finish?

Supposedly they are specifically designed to achieve what we all seem to be wanting to do with just part A&B..

I also just noticed they now have an outdoor 18-8-23 blend..

Product Details
Yep that’s right, a nutrient blend specifically tailored for outdoor hemp and cannabis production. The research team at Jack’s has a real knack for making things easy, efficient and cost effective in any growing environment and this product definitely wears its name well. The nutrient blend in Jack’s Outdoor is potentially acidic and designed to keep your pH in the desired range for optimum nutrient uptake. Plus, we’ve perfected the N:K2O ratio as well as added a kick on Mg and S to hit the right balance so that your plants can thrive in the outdoor sunlight rich environment. Get ready to see fields of happy plants!

S1N1STER

Im using jacks and mkp for flower. I know im supposed to start the mkp at budset around week 2. My question is do I run the mkp up until flush? If not when should I stop it?

Latest posts

Latest posts