What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to use Bush Master correctly

Imagenetic2935

Yes it's just for me. Not "saleing" to anyone..
And it doesn't burn funny or smoke strange at all. That usually means you're not flushing right.

Imagenetic2935

Burn like charcoal and smell like hay? From one or two foliar applications with the dose kept low....
What the hell are people reading this stupid nonsense from....

BillFarthing

Veteran
Burn like charcoal and smell like hay? From one or two foliar applications with the dose kept low....
What the hell are people reading this stupid nonsense from....

Probably from the same place that says that smoking PGR's is a good idea.

Learn to grow properly and you won't need to use a crutch like Bushmaster.

Imagenetic2935

You do realize that not all PGRs are bad right... In fact, PGRs are used heavily all throughout all different types of agriculture. One very common one is triacontanol. Aka alfalfa extract.

And I grow super tasty cannabis.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Triacontanol isn't alfalfa and alfalfa isn't tria ;) . Alfalfa does contain tria but also octaconasol and that allegedly fully inhibits the effect of tria... But alfalfa contains a loooot other beneficial things. By proper definition, triacontanol is not a PGR because it's an endogenous constituent of many higher plants and simply stimulates growth of some species whereas PGRs are synthetic and mimic or inhibit plant hormones or their effects.
Also, a lot of the used PGRs are not used on crops which are smoked a few weeks late. Flushing usually doesn't do shit regarding applied chemicals, time and plant metabolism do but often only to a degree where the activity is lost, not the core molecule which becomes as much of a problem if consumed as does the original PGR.

I always wonder why exactly the most dangerous and hazardous of all the PGRs (respectively growth retardants!) are/were used on cannabis? There are safer alternatives around especially such which "burn clean" (no halogenated or aromatic compounds) and metabolise fast and fully to CO2 and water.

Just my 2 cents.

Imagenetic2935

Every product I've ever encountered that contains TRIA says they've extracted it from alfalfa. I'm sure TRIA is in many different plants, but maybe not the same level.
IDK, I certainly don't think I know everything and could be wrong. But from what I've read, alfalfa is used because of its high content of TRIA.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Don't they have a nuclear waste disposal site in Nevada, which takes bushmaster and seals it down deep in a mountain?

Well... they should. At least as far as cannabis is concerned. ;)

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Every product I've ever encountered that contains TRIA says they've extracted it from alfalfa. I'm sure TRIA is in many different plants, but maybe not the same level.
IDK, I certainly don't think I know everything and could be wrong. But from what I've read, alfalfa is used because of its high content of TRIA.
Those who don't lie do not contain "extracted triacontanol" as this would, by proper definition, imply that the tria used is of rather high purity but they simply add alfalfa extract which may or may not contain tria. It's just assumed that the extract does because the plant contains it. The cheapest extraction would be with water but tria isn't water soluble... the presence of other plant constituents helps solubilising a small amount but those minute amounts wouldn't/couldn't do anything.

Alfalfa is used for the following reasons:
- Marketing! People buy what they know and afalfa is one of the hyped "superherbs" and it's what people think of when the hear triacontanol.
- Stating in the add or on the HP that tria comes from alfalfa and adding tria from alternative sources (the origin usually isn't listed on the label, even tria itself isn't listed in many cases) is a trick many companies do. This make-believe is an implication only happening in your head and the same trick cosmetics industry pulls on us successfully since time immemorial.
- Adding alfalfa extract and talking about tria is exactly the same thing as above, just the other way round.
- Alfalfa is cheap to grow and easily accessible in huge quantities from established farms
- Alfalfa contains many other beneficial constituents
- Its C/N ratio is very favourable for use as fertiliser. In fact, it's as perfect as it can get for a cultivated crop species because it is nearly completely metabolised by soil microbes without building compost (= no fermentation and no slag in hydroponics) nor depriving soil/plants of nitrogen. What remains are the beneficial secondary plant metabolites (such as tria).

Why products which contain considerable amounts of tria most likely don't contain alfalfa derived one:
- The concentration in alfalfa, though higher as in many other species, is so minute that there is no economic value to it.
- Neither is extracting a few milligrams from kilograms of dried plant matter using several litres of organic solvents ecological nor practical for in-house production.
- Tria is accessible from other cheap natural sources which contain several thousand times higher amounts. Agricultural companies generally use cheap raw materials!
- Buying tria in pure form from whatever company selling it is the easiest, fastest, and cheapest way. Said company (unless using the same scam as the company selling it as "alfalfa extracted") obtains it from above mentioned alternatives. Fully synthetic one is also available but IDK if that's cheaper than the isolated form... likely not.

This however is just an educated guess!
There might really be a small company or two which use highly triacontanol enriched alfalfa extracts. Who knows?? Some folks on this earth are still honest and wonders happen (rarely, but they do) though the majority is a money-grubbing pack of vultures who'd sell their own grandmothers and feast on advertisement brainwashed consumers! That's why those companies do so well and I don't.

Farm Hero

I just tossed a bottle of Bushmaster I found while cleaning today.

Some of these comments have me laughing.