What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using RO water only.

G

Im curious how many users that have RO water available use it exclusively on their plants.

Im a small hobby grower in a tent so my needs are not that high and I have always had a RO system in my home that feeds the ice maker and the extra supply on the kitchen sink for coffee and tea etc.

My tap water has high alkalinity and I have been using RO water only for the most part since I have been growing in organic soil. Occasionally I will mix 50/50 but not often.

My tap water has crazy high alkalinity and I have a couple testers and one is a Oakton that I bought new so I keep up on my RO and periodically recheck my tap water.

For those with great tap water or well water oh well Im jealous but would still use RO for Ice coffee and tea.

Im sure that some of us may have tap water that is probably good to go but use RO anyway. People collect and use rain water because they prefer it over tap water all over the world. Rain water is a lot closer to RO than tap water. And I don't buy into the no minerals etc. in RO deprives the plants of something. Your soil should have all it needs or be in what you feed.

How many for profit growers with serious setups use RO only? I know there are some but I wonder what the percentage is of commercial growers for any type of indoor grows be it for weed, vegies or roses.

Its not as big a debate as some things but id like to see the percentage of the for profit growers use RO only or partially.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
R/O

- Will never add excess elements to your nutrient solution
- Will provide rock solid and predictable pH changes (even when you move)
- Will make smoother, softer smoke than 90% of tap/well water
- Provides element rich "Waste" water your lawn and garden will love

You may have to provide some extra calcium and/or magnesium in your soil mix. Most hydro mixes (for cannabis) have plenty of calcium and are lacking a bit in magnesium. (Magnesium needs change greatly between strains/phenos)

Love r/o and use it for growing, eating and watering the animals for 15+ years. ;)

ChenBenTz

With R/O water my reservoir doesn't clog up with white residue every week and I only have to check my pH every few days instead of every few hours. Hands down worth the $200 I spent on those filters and the time it takes to fill (10L/hour).

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
See if anyone is using industrial 50 gallon drums of hydrogen peroxide near you. You should be able to pick up a drum fairly cheap. Careful rinsing out the residual H2O2 as it's an oxidizer and will blind/burn in concentrated forms. I add a lot of water to dilute, then rinse in the tub with a flexible shower head.

Float valve, mag pump and some hosing and you'll always have r/o on hand. ;)

Sport Farmer

Veteran
I'm doing personal in a 4x4 tent and I use RO water only. There really is no going back once you see how everything responds to RO water. It's just one of those things every grower should purchase if you're serious about your crop. Well worth the investment which is under 200 these days.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
We don't use RO for the plants. We just use carbon filters to remove chloramines.
picture.php

We do however run our ice machine with RO. That's what makes the best Ice wax, and live rosin. No residuals.

picture.php

picture.php

Ice wax is the bomb!
Pressed Ice Wax from Organic fresh frozen trimmed bud makes Live rosin.
There is nothing like it
picture.php

More valuable then Gold

G

We don't use RO for the plants. We just use carbon filters to remove chloramines.
View Image

We do however run our ice machine with RO. That's what makes the best Ice wax, and live rosin. No residuals.

View Image

View Image

Ice wax is the bomb!
Pressed Ice Wax from Organic fresh frozen trimmed bud makes Live rosin.
There is nothing like it
View Image

More valuable then Gold

DUDE!! Now your just showing off. Wish my backyard looked like that. Its my dream to just be able to putter around in the garden. Fuck the veggies. I dont care if I just gave it away, I get a kick out of growing. Something about growing weed is so relaxing even in a small indoor grow.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
DUDE!! Now your just showing off. Wish my backyard looked like that. Its my dream to just be able to putter around in the garden. Fuck the veggies. I dont care if I just gave it away, I get a kick out of growing. Something about growing weed is so relaxing even in a small indoor grow.

I appreciate that Bro! I havnt showed you anything yet though...... LOL!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Im over shootin the shit with Neville Shoenmaker. You guys know who that is right? The father of all seed banks. He is asking questions about the live rosin process, and how we do it. Now that's the showing off .... :biggrin: