What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help planning first scrog

Bobby Boucher

Couple points to clarify, I only utilize those 3 way pvc fitting to attach a 2nd screen to my buckets when I throw everything into the attic. That is the only function for that particular screen.

In my flowering tents, I have separate screens that cover the entire footprint, exactly as yours does, while the primary screens which are attached to my bucket lids are measured and cut to size so that they may freely spin within the tent.

The 2nd screen is cut to fit snugly within the frame and each corner is attached by simply chaining a couple zip-ties together, one tightly around the tent frame, and one around the corner of the screen and through the previously installed zip. Sounds sketch but mine slide and hold wherever I put them like a dream. Might have something to do with my screens being slightly oversized.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 2.22.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 2.22.33 PM.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 2.32.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 2.32.33 PM.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 10
B

bigganjabud

Good to see ya back at it gav I've got a Scrog going on in my reworked serious seeds bubblegum

Hope your well bro

I'd suggest four plants to the net and possible a metal coat hanger made into a tiny y at one end to reach the back bits

Keep a second stretch net underneath the small holed net to bush out the plants a bit before they hit the scrog net aswell

Namestae

G

ganjygav

Good to see ya back at it gav I've got a Scrog going on in my reworked serious seeds bubblegum

Hope your well bro

I'd suggest four plants to the net and possible a metal coat hanger made into a tiny y at one end to reach the back bits

Keep a second stretch net underneath the small holed net to bush out the plants a bit before they hit the scrog net aswell

Namestae

I didn't stop dude, i just don't grow seeds anymore. Don't know what it is about me and seeds but I got waaay to many hermies.
I just did a crop of tangelope and pot of gold and it was banging. Not a ball sack to be seen.

G

ganjygav

A week or so later.
I've been pinching stems to slow down vertical growth. I did think about hiding string to lst but pinching and bending stems every couple of days is working great.
They still only stand 10-11 inches as they did last time updated but they are getting wider and plenty of tops are filling in the canopy.
Still on plain tap water, I don't adjust ph or anything.
Another week of veg and I think I will flip.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Hope your well bro

Namestae

Let me know how that bg turns out fella. I grew a few different breeders bubblegum trying to find the bubblegum smell but it never came.
It was a mission I was on but after 5 or 6 grows I just gave up on ever trying to find it. The closest I got to the bubblegum smell was with thseeds buy it was very faint and more hash smelling. I would give my right nut for a decent pheno

G

ganjygav

They're going 12/12 tonight. Can't remember how long they have been in veg for now lol. Between 5-6 weeks.
Looking lush and still only standing 12-13 inches tall. I've started to tie down branches now. I've got one more plant to tie down in a couple of days as its stems are still healing from me pinching them.
I'm doing pretty well without the net at the moment but I will be using it next grow.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
They're going 12/12 tonight. Can't remember how long they have been in veg for now lol. Between 5-6 weeks.
Looking lush and still only standing 12-13 inches tall. I've started to tie down branches now. I've got one more plant to tie down in a couple of days as its stems are still healing from me pinching them.
I'm doing pretty well without the net at the moment but I will be using it next grow.

View Image View Image View Image
These girls are looking pretty nice. You dont mention your lighting at all?? whatta u got? I might think about building a PVC SCROG frame that is only 1m square and move it to the back of the tent. use the screen you have and take out a plant or two if its going to be just for practice. This would give you a place to stand around 3 sides of the scrog. The back side gets what attention it gets..

EDIT: I lined the walls of the tent that i used to use with metal fencing, zip-tieing them to the tent supports which became convenient for tieing up colas that might sag under the weight of those monsters.

G

ganjygav

These girls are looking pretty nice. You dont mention your lighting at all?? whatta u got? I might think about building a PVC SCROG frame that is only 1m square and move it to the back of the tent. use the screen you have and take out a plant or two if its going to be just for practice. This would give you a place to stand around 3 sides of the scrog. The back side gets what attention it gets..

EDIT: I lined the walls of the tent that i used to use with metal fencing, zip-tieing them to the tent supports which became convenient for tieing up colas that might sag under the weight of those monsters.

I use a 400w duel spec hps for most of the veg, the last week of 18hrs I move to 600w dual spec.
Then I flower with the same light.

I'm in biobizz all mix with fish mix,bloom and topmax. I will also give them pk13/14.

I'm gonna use 4 clones with the net. I need a new tent anyway so for next grow I will have side access. I do like the idea of the fencing in the side of tent. That would save me so much time. Some of my grows towards the end have that much string around the plants that it looks like spider man had a fit with his web slingers lol

G

ganjygav

Day 13

Day 13

Found some mites AAhhhh . Lol Nah I sprayed them with mighty wash it's cool. Was not many and only one plant. I don't think they were spreading because my tent gets cold during lights out as its winter.
Plants are reaching up now but not as much as I expected with a sativa dom.

All still lush shiny leaves and happy plants. Pre flowers popping up everywhere and quick. Seems to be flowering a week quicker that the pot of gold I did last grow.
I realised they look a bit yellow in photos but that's because I turn the white balance up on camera to combat the hps blink. I assure they're a nice healthy green... just waiting for something to go wrong now haha
picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Found some mites AAhhhh . Lol Nah I sprayed them with mighty wash it's cool. Was not many and only one plant. I don't think they were spreading because my tent gets cold during lights out as its winter.
Plants are reaching up now but not as much as I expected with a sativa dom.

All still lush shiny leaves and happy plants. Pre flowers popping up everywhere and quick. Seems to be flowering a week quicker that the pot of gold I did last grow.
I realised they look a bit yellow in photos but that's because I turn the white balance up on camera to combat the hps blink. I assure they're a nice healthy green... just waiting for something to go wrong now hahaView Image
what do you meen "waiting for something to go wrong"? Famous last words... "I don't think they were spreading" mites spread rapidly and eggs hatch continuiously... spray again. it should be warm enough with lights on for the little bastards.. zactly how cold is it getting at night in that tent? if its cold enough to kill mites, is it cold enough to inhibit growth? they do look good though..

G

ganjygav

what do you meen "waiting for something to go wrong"? Famous last words... "I don't think they were spreading" mites spread rapidly and eggs hatch continuiously... spray again. it should be warm enough with lights on for the little bastards.. zactly how cold is it getting at night in that tent? if its cold enough to kill mites, is it cold enough to inhibit growth? they do look good though..

Yeah I was going to spray on the 3rd day after 1st spray. I only found them on one plant and on the very top leaves only. Where the air is warmer I presume.
I spent nearly 45mins checking over all 3 plants with a scope.

I'm not a very good grower, something normally goes wrong at some point of my own doing. I always end up with nice buds at the end somehow though.

One night I went up to water at lights on and I had forgot to shut the window. Even with the heating set to 15c it was 6c in the tent during lights off because my intake was bringing in cold air from outside into tent. Normally lights off temp is around the 18c mark.

Cold don't kill mites. It just slows them down. They go into a hibernation if too cold. Or so I read on normal gardening websites.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Yeah I was going to spray on the 3rd day after 1st spray. I only found them on one plant and on the very top leaves only. Where the air is warmer I presume.
I spent nearly 45mins checking over all 3 plants with a scope.

I'm not a very good grower, something normally goes wrong at some point of my own doing. I always end up with nice buds at the end somehow though.

One night I went up to water at lights on and I had forgot to shut the window. Even with the heating set to 15c it was 6c in the tent during lights off because my intake was bringing in cold air from outside into tent. Normally lights off temp is around the 18c mark.

Cold don't kill mites. It just slows them down. They go into a hibernation if too cold. Or so I read on normal gardening websites.
Hey! That quote above was mine originally! :tiphat: I have much better luck when I do tasks first, then medicate or get high.:laughing:

OH. Get a heater.:tiphat:

G

ganjygav

Hey! That quote above was mine originally! :tiphat: I have much better luck when I do tasks first, then medicate or get high.:laughing:

OH. Get a heater.:tiphat:

I do everything high, there's only a short space of time in a day I am hot high lol. I find no problem doing things as its completely normal for me and has been for the last decade after a brain injury and the health problems that came along with it.
I find it difficult to think clearly without being high. My mind can't focus on one train of thought and it races.

Drinking is where I mess up and so don't normally drink. It was my girlfriends birthday party Saturday and I had a few drinks. Then came home for feeding time and accidentally fed 2x the amount of fish mix I should of. First time drunk this year I believe. I am not a fan.

Yes I've already been looking at the small heaters, it will probably be cheaper to run than my central heating system and more effective as it can go in the tent.

B

bigganjabud

Your more resilient than a spider mite anyway gav I don't think they'd come near you cos they know your determined to see a crop without a problem

G

ganjygav

Your more resilient than a spider mite anyway gav I don't think they'd come near you cos they know your determined to see a crop without a problem

And maybe one day I will achieve this haha. Things start looking rough 3 weeks into flower every grow.
In fact past grow was healthy looking, after I dropped using the ph meter.
Still they weren't perfect, I've dropped strength feed this time. I normally feed biobizz chart recommended, this time I'm giving 0.7ml per litre instead of the 1ml dosage.

Yeah I'm sure one day I will see that crop without a problem... a perfect grow.

B

bigganjabud

And maybe one day I will achieve this haha. Things start looking rough 3 weeks into flower every grow.
In fact past grow was healthy looking, after I dropped using the ph meter.
Still they weren't perfect, I've dropped strength feed this time. I normally feed biobizz chart recommended, this time I'm giving 0.7ml per litre instead of the 1ml dosage.

Yeah I'm sure one day I will see that crop without a problem... a perfect grow.

MAN you'll crack it soon enough

G

ganjygav

Day 26

Day 26

Looking good.
I've increased feed to 90% of recommended and not seen any negative signs from doing so.
I have a friend growing same clones who comes round every couple of weeks to compare his plants progress. This is the guy who got me growing.
He's been using bud blood this grow and was raving about it but when he see my plants yesterday he said mine are bigger with more bud sites. Also some of his are going yellow and he was asking me for advice.
I said he probably needed some mg and or sulphur. I don't know without seeing. I sprayed mine twice this week with magnesium sulphate and they loved it.
Anyway,the student has become the teacher lol.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Edit: it's actually day 23

Last edited:
G

ganjygav

Day 32

Day 32

Happy New Year folks.

All is good. I've bumped the food up to 100% now. Got some tiny leaf tip burn but I feel building up the feed gradually has helped keep the girls happy. No horrible spots this grow or rusty patches on leaves but now I'm approaching week 6 it's time to concentrate on growing buds and not pretty leaves.

Here's the obligatory out of focus with bad lighting photos.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Whatever you're doing tonight I hope you all stay safe and have a good time. Peace

Blazeee

Veteran
Happy New Year folks.

All is good. I've bumped the food up to 100% now. Got some tiny leaf tip burn but I feel building up the feed gradually has helped keep the girls happy. No horrible spots this grow or rusty patches on leaves but now I'm approaching week 6 it's time to concentrate on growing buds and not pretty leaves.

Here's the obligatory out of focus with bad lighting photos.

View Image View Image View Image

Whatever you're doing tonight I hope you all stay safe and have a good time. Peace

The girls are looking great gav. Im happy to hear that the biobizz line is working good for you and your not having any issues this run. Looks like you will have some really tasty buds come harvest time.

Latest posts

Latest posts