What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrient deficiencie?? Hungry, k????

arqbrunonogueir

OK,
So, this started around 4, 5, days ago.
I'm going on the 3rd week of flower, it was all great for the first two weeks, now about 5 days ago it started to get this deficiencie looking leaves, and now the grow is stunned, they are growing really slow and not fatting up like they were.

I had to change from biobizz grow to iguana juice bloom as my base nutrients, my growshop is out of biobizz.

The first week I keep feeding the biogrow, and it was all fine. 2 week I have a 1.5ml per liter of iguana juice, and it started to look hungry and light burn. So I pulled up my lights and gave them a 2.5 dose of iguana juice bloom and a foliar of kelp.
It looked like it slowed the deficiencie but it didn't stop at all.

Notes: only the leaves that get direct light show deficiencies

- the bottom of the grow is healthy and green.

- plants stunned for the past 4 days (15 of flower)

-growing in 50% soil, 50% perlite.7litters

Solutions: I'm thinking about giving them a flush with the same dose that I was using of biogrow, plus a TSP of Indonesian guano.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anyone can help me?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesn't look like light burn.

They look hungry and suffering from a wide pH swing.

I would continue with the Iguana and check fertilizer/medium pH if possible.

arqbrunonogueir

Well, my pH is always 6.6, and the runoff is usually comes out 6.5, 6.6 or 6.7.

So, I will continue with the iguana but a lil bit higher dose. I gave them a very light feeding of foliar mg.

Next watering should I give a little bit of calcium to??

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would stick with the one part for the moment.

What does 1.5ml/L equate to in EC?

Sorry I don't know much about Iguana, but assuming you soil component isn't peat alone, 2ml/L re:half label rate, is probably the top end.

legalizeRO

I know this is late, but I'd buy bigger pots. To me, 7 liters in flower makes me cringe.

You never said anything about your growing medium. Your PH can't always be 6.6. How did you get your numbers?

Iguana Juice is supposed to be applied at a ratio of 4ml/liter , from veg to harvest. The difference (to me) is I start with a half a liter every 4 days, and end the "season" with 5 liters every 4 days. Sometimes I grow a hungry strain and I give it 6ml/liter, once or twice, close to harvest.
I never start feeding until she ask, but never below 4ml/liter.
1,5 ml/ liter is just not enough, no matter the strain.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
i know a guy personally at AN, and he'll make sure your shit gets dealt with.

call their tech line 1-800-640-9605 (if you're european its free on skype) and ask for John. Tell him the guy with the nicer boat than you at cultus lake said to call. (he'll know, feel free to mention ICmag and my username)

he'll get you fixed up, they have botanists over there that will pour over your pics and see if its the Iguana Juice incompatible with something, or environment (which it kinda looks like) or whatever.

but 100% you'll get fixed up

truck

Mildew (Phytophthora infestans), broad or russet mite, Salt toxicity. If you have been running the same nutes and this just started happening. Get a microscope 400x and look for russet mites. Check all hoses, pumps, filters, buckets, rez, watering cans and fittings for brown or black build up. Green algae on walls, rez, buckets, watering can, soil, ect. Warm temps with high humidity? If you have time take it all down sterilize and disinfect everything inside and out and start all over from seed. filter all air and water with high grade filters and UV sterilization or Ozone.