What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

I went to get my wife's German Shepherd after work, poor dog puked 3 times on the way home. It was Friday night so traffic was a pain it took 3 hours to get home. She has done it every time we take her anywhere in the car. Kind of a bummer I would like to take her when we go camping and fishing. She's probably a little to protective of my wife and kids to take her around to many strangers.

Sounds like Eggo has become part of the family. That's awesome, I am happy for you guys. Dogs are awesome companions.
Good afternoon Packerfan.
Sorry to hear that your family dog isn't good with travel. I didn't realize that motion sickness was so common. But the more I think about it dogs didn't evolve to ride in cars and I guess I'm surprised that none of mine have had that. I wonder if there is anything you can do to make it easier for her. Maybe some pills like the ones for people or putting her in a spot where she can't see all the motion and countryside flying by or something.
You are right that dogs are such great companions. They will follow you to the ends of the earth with just the fur on their back.

Fiddynut

Quick update.

Quick update.

Greetings friends.
I got a couple pics of my gorilla bubble girl in flower yesterday. She is only 17 days into 12/12 and I'm seeing a lot of bud sights. She is also getting some nice frost on her and is really starting to stink. Young plant smell and a but of that lemon lime soda smell too. So far so good!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!
hope everyone is starting their new your off on a good note

that young top looks nice fiddy
like you said, she has some early frost and i can only imagine the smell
she sounds nice and i cant wait to hear how you like her
hopefully she is a fast finisher so you can repopulate the tent but im interested in seeing your one plant grow show
thats great that eggo is solid on long car rides
i guess some dogs are just more sensitive to motion sickness than others
thats so funny about your wife being able to sleep in, mrsChicky is the same way
if anything she has trouble falling asleep, but once she is out she can sleep for days
she can even get up in the morning, do stuff then go right back to be in like 15m
once im up i am up for the morning, even on weeeknds
but it can be fun and i am able to get things done when no one else i awake
the football has been crazy but i think we have a good group of teams playing
im excited and cant wait for the action this weekend
how have you been doing on your walks
having eggo must be great and the other night i went for a walk on my own
i had to blow off some steam so i went by myself, but i kind of wished i had a dog to share the time wiht
plus i felt like i ws some kind of creaper just walking around in the dark by myself
lets make2019 the best year ever!

Fiddynut

happening guys!
hope everyone is starting their new your off on a good note

that young top looks nice fiddy
like you said, she has some early frost and i can only imagine the smell
she sounds nice and i cant wait to hear how you like her
hopefully she is a fast finisher so you can repopulate the tent but im interested in seeing your one plant grow show
thats great that eggo is solid on long car rides
i guess some dogs are just more sensitive to motion sickness than others
thats so funny about your wife being able to sleep in, mrsChicky is the same way
if anything she has trouble falling asleep, but once she is out she can sleep for days
she can even get up in the morning, do stuff then go right back to be in like 15m
once im up i am up for the morning, even on weeeknds
but it can be fun and i am able to get things done when no one else i awake
the football has been crazy but i think we have a good group of teams playing
im excited and cant wait for the action this weekend
how have you been doing on your walks
having eggo must be great and the other night i went for a walk on my own
i had to blow off some steam so i went by myself, but i kind of wished i had a dog to share the time wiht
plus i felt like i ws some kind of creaper just walking around in the dark by myself
lets make2019 the best year ever!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I probably shouldn't get my hopes too far up but she is looking great so far. I think she is loving all that light and getting as much as she can handle. This strain has a reputation for producing some incredible plants and hopefully I will get one here. I hope she is an early girl too.that reminds me that I actually need to get some seeds going for the next run. I will do that tonight.
It sounds like our wives have a lot in common when it comes to sleeping. Mine stays up late and loves to sleep late too. She rarely gets up before noon and would sleep till 3 if she was able to. Like you mentioned about your wife mine can also get up for a little while and then go back to sleep. Once I'm up in the morning I can't fall asleep no matter how hard I try. I, like you like to get up and get stuff done and then I can get on with whatever I want to do for the day.
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next couple weeks in the NFL as well. It seems like every other year I'm too disappointed in my packers to enjoy the rest of the playoffs. This year I just get to watch and enjoy the games for what they are. I hope we get some great games.
I totally know how you feel about walking by yourself. I found that after we lost Rufus it just made me sad to walk our old rout by myself. It just wasn't the same without him. I could go to a park and do some hiking but neighborhood walks just weren't fun anymore. You are right that a dude walking the streets by himself, especially at night, could be construed as creepy. But to hell with what people think, walking is good for your body and mind.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope you are having a great week fiddy!
im sure the lone lady is enjoying all the elbow room and fresh air flow and should grow into a stellar example of her phenotype
i would consider doing some lst ot open up her branches and spread her out even more to maximize flower sites
what do you have on deck for your next seed run?
i like staying up late too but still get up early
the best days are when i can get up early and then catch a nap later in the day
other days i just go with out sleep
i grew up with football and will always be a fan
after the chargers left san diego i was sour on football, but i still watched the games
i actually liked watching the games with out a dog in the fight because then i could just enjoy the action and not ahve to feel bad when my team dident win
plus i just like sitting on the couch smoking out
any plans for the weekend brother?
you pretty much know where i will be with the football playoffs on both days, but im still in the air as far as snacks go
lets finish this week off strong!

Fiddynut

hope you are having a great week fiddy!
im sure the lone lady is enjoying all the elbow room and fresh air flow and should grow into a stellar example of her phenotype
i would consider doing some lst ot open up her branches and spread her out even more to maximize flower sites
what do you have on deck for your next seed run?
i like staying up late too but still get up early
the best days are when i can get up early and then catch a nap later in the day
other days i just go with out sleep
i grew up with football and will always be a fan
after the chargers left san diego i was sour on football, but i still watched the games
i actually liked watching the games with out a dog in the fight because then i could just enjoy the action and not ahve to feel bad when my team dident win
plus i just like sitting on the couch smoking out
any plans for the weekend brother?
you pretty much know where i will be with the football playoffs on both days, but im still in the air as far as snacks go
lets finish this week off strong!

This week is going good but it feels like a long week after all the time off lately. I am looking forward to the weekend though.
I'm keeping a very close eye on the GB girl and so,far she is looking great. I am going to put the support bamboo sticks in in the next couple days and will tie her up a bit to spread her out. So far she is pretty wide open and light and airflow are pretty good, even in the center. I'll be putting 4 supports in for her instead of the normal 2 I use when growing four plants. I trimmed up bottom foot or so of her so I'm hoping for not much larf and popcorn.
For the next run I'm going to pop a long bottom leaf (LBL) cross. I didn't get a chance to get them going last night. I need to get more mosquito dunks to stop the fungus gnat breeding cycle because all the soil I get has a lot of them in it. I have a couple of LBL crosses so I'll post which I choose when I get them in the soil.
I like a good nap too but don't often have the opportunity to get one. Sometimes if I'm having a lazy Sunday I can get one in. I feel like I stay up a lot later and get up earlier in the summer and get to catch up,on sleep in winter. Now that Eggo sleeps in the bed with us I get woken up a couple times a night and sometimes it takes time to get back to sleep. Rufus never slept in bed with us because he was too big and too much of a gentleman.
I'm digging the football without the packers thing too. But I still feel like the refs have way too much say in how the games go and don't like that part. Once football is over it will be a short wait untill pitchers and catchers report to spring training. Comming off such a good year I can't wait to see how the brewers are going to look in 2019.
My aunts birthday is Sunday and my wife invited her and her husband and a coup,e friends over on Sunday. I'll probably do some BBQ, maybe pulled pork and bloody Mary's. Other than that I'll watch some football and get some rest before a long week next week.
I hope your week is going great too brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother!
im so glad tomorrow is friday
you are right, after so many short weeks, a five day work week seems like a haul
but tomorrow is friday and i am totally ready for the weekend
we have some good football and i hope you guys have a great get together for your aunties birthday
are your wife and aunt friends, thats so cool of her to invite them over and host the party
pulled pork sounds like just the thing,man
you can take it in so many directions with just few extra topping, im sure everyone will love it
/unless there are vegitarinas in the mix
so whats the plan, pulled pork sandwiches and drinks? pulled pork is great idea because you can do so much with it
thats nice that eggo is part of the family and sleeping in the bed wiht you; uke used to sleep in the bed and it was nice having a warm dog to snuggle up with
she was a smaller dog tho so it was easy fitting her in
eggo looks like med size dog but he still has some room to grow so we will see how this goes in a few years
soudns like a nice lineup heading into the next grow and im interested how you like the lbl crosses
have you tried diatomaceous earth as a top dressing? it seems to help keep almost all insects down and is safe to use around the house
/remember a long time ago when i recommended putting the soil in a hot place to kill parasites, it works!

this has been a good week and im ready for a fun weekend!

Fiddynut

happening brother!
im so glad tomorrow is friday
you are right, after so many short weeks, a five day work week seems like a haul
but tomorrow is friday and i am totally ready for the weekend
we have some good football and i hope you guys have a great get together for your aunties birthday
are your wife and aunt friends, thats so cool of her to invite them over and host the party
pulled pork sounds like just the thing,man
you can take it in so many directions with just few extra topping, im sure everyone will love it
/unless there are vegitarinas in the mix
so whats the plan, pulled pork sandwiches and drinks? pulled pork is great idea because you can do so much with it
thats nice that eggo is part of the family and sleeping in the bed wiht you; uke used to sleep in the bed and it was nice having a warm dog to snuggle up with
she was a smaller dog tho so it was easy fitting her in
eggo looks like med size dog but he still has some room to grow so we will see how this goes in a few years
soudns like a nice lineup heading into the next grow and im interested how you like the lbl crosses
have you tried diatomaceous earth as a top dressing? it seems to help keep almost all insects down and is safe to use around the house
/remember a long time ago when i recommended putting the soil in a hot place to kill parasites, it works!

this has been a good week and im ready for a fun weekend!

Yes for sure I'm super glad it's Friday. The week has felt like a long one but I've been feeling productive and getting a lot done at work this week. I've got to work a short day on Saturday but then looking forward to some relaxing.
I just talked with my aunt and she has a cold so we are going to reschedule her party for a future weekend. Even though we arnt having the birthday party I'm still going to cook up some BBQ. Eat, drink and watch some football. And maybe a game of disc golf too because it's been way too long. You are so right about pulled pork being versatile. I eat it on sandwiches, on tortillas, enchiladas, stir fry and all kinds of other shit. I also like it because you can do all the work before your guests get there and can then enjoy time with them instead of being trapped in the kitchen.
I have mixed feelings about having the dog in bed with us. He is pretty good about letting us sleep but if I fall asleep in my chair and am the last one to bed sometimes there isn't a lot of room for me or for my feet or whatever. He is a good snuggler though and the wife really like having him in bed after I leave for work. In fact she says she feels a lot safer when I'm gone with him in the house. He is a good watch dog and it seems like he would do his best to defend the house if someone were comming around to cause trouble. You are right that having a warm dog to snuggle up with on a cold night is a great thing.
Looks like I'll be running a couple LBL crosses on the next run. I am soaking seeds today and will put them in dirt tomorrow. One is cookie wreck X LBL and the other is some type of kush X LBL. I'll put up some picks soon. These were both freebie packs so we will see what I get. I've never used diatomaceous earth but have heard good things about it, I'll grab some at the grow shop next time I'm there. I thought about baking the soil but decided against it because I don't want to kill the microbes and mycos and stuff, now that I'm using the minerals in the soil I need all the microbial activity I can get. If it was more than just the gnats I'd be baking it for sure. I think my batch of mosquito dunks just were getting old and week. I got some new stuff yesterday and should be able to knock them out soon.
So what do you have planned this weekend? Football I'm sure but are you cooking anything good up? Did you get any seeds going?

Badfishy1

Yes for sure I'm super glad it's Friday. The week has felt like a long one but I've been feeling productive and getting a lot done at work this week. I've got to work a short day on Saturday but then looking forward to some relaxing.
I just talked with my aunt and she has a cold so we are going to reschedule her party for a future weekend. Even though we arnt having the birthday party I'm still going to cook up some BBQ. Eat, drink and watch some football. And maybe a game of disc golf too because it's been way too long. You are so right about pulled pork being versatile. I eat it on sandwiches, on tortillas, enchiladas, stir fry and all kinds of other shit. I also like it because you can do all the work before your guests get there and can then enjoy time with them instead of being trapped in the kitchen.
I have mixed feelings about having the dog in bed with us. He is pretty good about letting us sleep but if I fall asleep in my chair and am the last one to bed sometimes there isn't a lot of room for me or for my feet or whatever. He is a good snuggler though and the wife really like having him in bed after I leave for work. In fact she says she feels a lot safer when I'm gone with him in the house. He is a good watch dog and it seems like he would do his best to defend the house if someone were comming around to cause trouble. You are right that having a warm dog to snuggle up with on a cold night is a great thing.
Looks like I'll be running a couple LBL crosses on the next run. I am soaking seeds today and will put them in dirt tomorrow. One is cookie wreck X LBL and the other is some type of kush X LBL. I'll put up some picks soon. These were both freebie packs so we will see what I get. I've never used diatomaceous earth but have heard good things about it, I'll grab some at the grow shop next time I'm there. I thought about baking the soil but decided against it because I don't want to kill the microbes and mycos and stuff, now that I'm using the minerals in the soil I need all the microbial activity I can get. If it was more than just the gnats I'd be baking it for sure. I think my batch of mosquito dunks just were getting old and week. I got some new stuff yesterday and should be able to knock them out soon.
So what do you have planned this weekend? Football I'm sure but are you cooking anything good up? Did you get any seeds going?

Cook that shit! Then add your own microbial life through teas Famalam! I just dropped a cookie wreck last night! Excited to see what she holds. I’m trying to keep from buying more beans but damn the itch is intense! Be good kiddos

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
fish make a good point about how its easy to inoculate your soil with anything you want after "baking"
plus the warm dirt will encourage growth in the bacteria/ cultures
its like starting with a fresh slate
but it sounds like you have a handle on this and know which way to go
diatomaceous earth is good as a top dressing and kills a variety of pests
its basically the shells of tiny animals long gone, but they are sharp at a microscopic level and also absorb moisture
plus its safe to use around kids and pets
that sucks that your aunt isnt feeling well
there are a couple things going around, at least where i am at and i hope she feels better soon
so which way are you going with the pork this weekend?
im all about the football tis weekend friend so im going to keep it as simple as i can
a big ol' pot of chili and some baked potatoes will keep me going
not only is the pup warm but a dog is an excellent deterrent around the house
its hard to sneak up on an animal even when its asleep and you never know what its going to do
some people are scarred of dogs like you wouldent believe and for good reason
/ive been bit before
but its part of their instinct to protect the pack and im sure you guys are all on the same page as far as strangers go
man, he sounds like a great dog

enjoy the weekend fellows and keep on kicking ass!
/thanks for all the kindness guys! you know who im talking at!
you guys rock!

Fiddynut

Cook that shit! Then add your own microbial life through teas Famalam! I just dropped a cookie wreck last night! Excited to see what she holds. I’m trying to keep from buying more beans but damn the itch is intense! Be good kiddos
Good afternoon Badfishy.
Great call on the teas and being able to add life to my soil. This bagged store bought stuff probably dosent have a lot of microbes in it and even if I didn't need to cook it I'd be better off using teas. I'll do some searching for recipes and get to sourcing some ingredients.
I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this seed run. Even thought these were freebies I've heard great things about this guys LBL crosses. I'll try to keep the updates comming on a regular basis. Hope you and your fam are doing great!

Fiddynut

fish make a good point about how its easy to inoculate your soil with anything you want after "baking"
plus the warm dirt will encourage growth in the bacteria/ cultures
its like starting with a fresh slate
but it sounds like you have a handle on this and know which way to go
diatomaceous earth is good as a top dressing and kills a variety of pests
its basically the shells of tiny animals long gone, but they are sharp at a microscopic level and also absorb moisture
plus its safe to use around kids and pets
that sucks that your aunt isnt feeling well
there are a couple things going around, at least where i am at and i hope she feels better soon
so which way are you going with the pork this weekend?
im all about the football tis weekend friend so im going to keep it as simple as i can
a big ol' pot of chili and some baked potatoes will keep me going
not only is the pup warm but a dog is an excellent deterrent around the house
its hard to sneak up on an animal even when its asleep and you never know what its going to do
some people are scarred of dogs like you wouldent believe and for good reason
/ive been bit before
but its part of their instinct to protect the pack and im sure you guys are all on the same page as far as strangers go
man, he sounds like a great dog

enjoy the weekend fellows and keep on kicking ass!
/thanks for all the kindness guys! you know who im talking at!
you guys rock!
I'm glad you guys mentioned doing teas and adding more life to the mix. I don't have any experience but I've read about them back when I first started growing. I have an air pump and stones for brewing.
For sure it sucks for my aunt to be sick, especially on her birthday. There has been plenty of bugs going around here as well and most people that I work with and am friends with have been sick at least once this winter. I have been lucky the last few years and don't even remember when the last time I had a cold or flu or anything.
I'm still a little undecided about the pork for tomorrow and I might switch to ribs to save time. I went to the local mountain bike trail,today after work and there were a few people riding and the trail is in good shape. So I think I'll get out for a ride tomorrow later in the morning, it's been since early November since I got a ride in and I'm dying to get out there. That will leave me less time to cook and I like to do pulled pork low and slow. It will be a morning decision either way. A nice pot of chili is a great game day food. I've been known to eat 4-5 bowls of chili over the course of an afternoon. A coworker brought in a huge pot of chili to work a week or so ago and I think I ate 3 bowls back to back it was so good. It sounds like you are set for a Sunday funday.
Eggo is impossible to sneak up on and a natural watch dog. If anything I'm trying to get him to tone that down a little because he barks at anyone walking a dog when he is in the house or when we are in the car. He is very loud and wakes the wife up in the morning with his barking at people walking dogs on our street. But that is something we can work with and he will learn what needs his barking and what dosent.
Keep kicking ass too and have a great Sunday tomorrow.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.
This morning I put some seeds into soil for the first time is a few months. I soaked 5 cookie wreck X LBL and 4 bubba kush X LBL seeds for 24 hours in RO water and then put them into 4" pots of moist happy frog soil. The plan is to flower out the seed plants this time. If I get more than 4 lady's from these 9 seeds I'll need to break this up into two flower runs and grow the second run from clones of the seed plants. I haven't flowered out a seed plant in over a year because I've been growing from clones of seed plants. This is a good method and insures that I've got clones if I want to keep plants around but it takes up a lot more room and I have to have a lot more plants around. This should be a fun grow and maybe I'll even find some great plants here. Stay tuned.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.
This morning I put some seeds into soil for the first time is a few months. I soaked 5 cookie wreck X LBL and 4 bubba kush X LBL seeds for 24 hours in RO water and then put them into 4" pots of moist happy frog soil. The plan is to flower out the seed plants this time. If I get more than 4 lady's from these 9 seeds I'll need to break this up into two flower runs and grow the second run from clones of the seed plants. I haven't flowered out a seed plant in over a year because I've been growing from clones of seed plants. This is a good method and insures that I've got clones if I want to keep plants around but it takes up a lot more room and I have to have a lot more plants around. This should be a fun grow and maybe I'll even find some great plants here. Stay tuned.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79109&pictureid=1914090&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79109&pictureid=1914091&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Check your PM's

rocker

HI All,

back from the dead, kind of. Wow what a start to the year, work is busy and I have had all types of relatives dropping by, so I have been on the DL.

Fiddy - I took your advice and watered the last 4 plants heavily before leaving on vacation, they sat in dark for 8 days, and were fine upon my return, soil was still moist too. I chopped em and hung em for 5 days before the guest arrived and jarred them while my wife went to the airport, then I sauteed some garlic, lol. I will watch your grow.

Hope everyone had a nice break and New Year celebration, I got some bike riding in while on vacation, always feels good.

Poprocks - Maybe SD gets a wet winter this year, nice start anyway, and damn it's cold.

For anyone interested, I will do a smoke report on the 6 girls thread later in the week, I posted a few new pics, and also will add to the cure your buds in the freezer thread too.

Peace,

Rocker

Badfishy1

Good afternoon Badfishy.
Great call on the teas and being able to add life to my soil. This bagged store bought stuff probably dosent have a lot of microbes in it and even if I didn't need to cook it I'd be better off using teas. I'll do some searching for recipes and get to sourcing some ingredients.
I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this seed run. Even thought these were freebies I've heard great things about this guys LBL crosses. I'll try to keep the updates comming on a regular basis. Hope you and your fam are doing great!

Good luck on that search! You will find 6000 recipes from 5000 sources lol.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a great weekend of football and fun!
saturday started early with t'storms on the coast and things just got better
thts great that you have been able to avoid any bugs goign around and i feel lucky too
at one point every one around me was sick and i was able to hang in there
/emergenC and vodka baby!
i know what you mean about the dog wanting announce its presence to the world, ukie was the same way and would bark at anyone who went by
you could tell how close they were to the house by her barks and their intesity, she was a great watch dog
were you able to ride the trails this weekend? thats cool that some people were out already
so did you go with ribs or the pulled pork this weekend? watch any of the football
your new starts looks nice my man and i hope you find some good stuff in those seeds
hope you had a great start to the week my man!

Fiddynut

HI All,

back from the dead, kind of. Wow what a start to the year, work is busy and I have had all types of relatives dropping by, so I have been on the DL.

Fiddy - I took your advice and watered the last 4 plants heavily before leaving on vacation, they sat in dark for 8 days, and were fine upon my return, soil was still moist too. I chopped em and hung em for 5 days before the guest arrived and jarred them while my wife went to the airport, then I sauteed some garlic, lol. I will watch your grow.

Hope everyone had a nice break and New Year celebration, I got some bike riding in while on vacation, always feels good.

Poprocks - Maybe SD gets a wet winter this year, nice start anyway, and damn it's cold.

For anyone interested, I will do a smoke report on the 6 girls thread later in the week, I posted a few new pics, and also will add to the cure your buds in the freezer thread too.

Peace,

Rocker
Good afternoon rocker.
Glad everything worked out on your plants while you were away. That was great thinking to fry up some garlic, smells great and covers up everything.
I bet it's nice to have your guests out and your privacy back.

Fiddynut

what a great weekend of football and fun!
saturday started early with t'storms on the coast and things just got better
thts great that you have been able to avoid any bugs goign around and i feel lucky too
at one point every one around me was sick and i was able to hang in there
/emergenC and vodka baby!
i know what you mean about the dog wanting announce its presence to the world, ukie was the same way and would bark at anyone who went by
you could tell how close they were to the house by her barks and their intesity, she was a great watch dog
were you able to ride the trails this weekend? thats cool that some people were out already
so did you go with ribs or the pulled pork this weekend? watch any of the football
your new starts looks nice my man and i hope you find some good stuff in those seeds
hope you had a great start to the week my man!

I'm glad you had a great weekend. I only watched the philli and NO game but it was a good one. I'm suprised to hear about your thunderstorms, I've always heard they are rare on the coast. When we were in Oakland we never got them. Here we get many thunderstorms a year and it's always fun to listen and watch Mother Nature doing her thing.
Good job staying healthy. I think that the vodka and vitamin c works wonders too!
I got a great ride in on Sunday. Riding on the frozen dirt is like riding on concrete, lots of traction. Honestly there were as many people mountain biking on Sunday as I'd see there in the summer. I guess I wasn't the only one with the itch to ride.
I decided to go with ribs because time was short on Sunday and I didnt want to do and all night cook. The ribs turned out great and I had allmost two racks leftover so I took them to work on Monday and everybody loved them. It had been too long since I'd made a good batch of ribs.
I hope your week is off to a great start as well buddy.