What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri

zaprjaques

Thank you zaprjaques !

Haha why be rational? :D
Lovely cross you made there.

Good to know you can force them, or some of them into flowering like other NLD's.

I suspect that keeping them in 100ml pots till they sexed helped a lot too. Letting them get rootbound is a pretty powerful tool for such untameable plants, or so i heard. Speeds up sexing and reduces final size.
Plus you get to stress test them too so you can weed out the intersex plants.
I did all that stupid stuff using a PC case and 3 LED bulbs... so automatical stress testing was like a bonus :D.

​​​​​

I’ve got 3 Manipuri right now. 2 are showing similar expressions..... I grow indoors under 3000-3500 lights. The 2 are fairly short, under 2.5 feet. One of those sprouted and grew across the soil like ground cover and THAT one has bud nodes galore, the other one isn’t far behind it. The third plant is vertically huge in my tent. It’s almost 6’ tall and it showed that expression from the start. IT is really slow to flower. I’m in week 9 of flower with 11/13 cycle. 11 of light.
should I post pics here or start a topic? I’m new here and trying to figure out protocol

Manipuri, I call this one creeping Jenny, she will grow across the ground if you let her
D28B54C9-D5A5-4947-AD15-59AE028379EB.jpeg
D28B54C9-D5A5-4947-AD15-59AE028379EB.jpeg

54DF5849-759C-48B1-B842-3331E561687B.jpeg
AE135B20-DCFC-484F-8211-55E1B2FDB9D0.jpeg

Here is the tall Manipuri, she’s growing up past my lights. I had approximately 7 or 8 of these. I had 2 definite males and A couple that literally could not make up their mind as to what they wanted to be..... so I chopped them. The three I have left semi stable.
the Malawi Gold are the ones with the big colas with pistils

E0EA0177-DE05-4210-8615-BD77D09CB6CA.jpeg
78E980D6-DEFD-4885-A2D7-F147E1349D90.jpeg
I’m in week 10 of flower on the Manipuri , these pics are of the two bushy phenos, including the one that grows super close to the ground. I call her the creeping Jenny. These two are starting to stack on the nodes pretty nicely. I probably won’t grow these again because of the hermaphroditism issues I seen earlier in the grow. I also have the really tall girl that has just started to produce pistils of any quantity. A plant like that is of no use to me, I mean if it truly had some amazing medicinal use it would’ve already been noted, so I’m passing on that. I’ll let it finish just to make sure that it wasn’t amazing. It might be a good male to cross with for it vigor and tolerance to heat.
that’s just my opinion guys, to each his own
F4932FCA-E698-457C-827C-455E6D4FDB7A.jpeg

At week 20 my last 3 Manipuri females decided to grow pollen sacks and have a touch of mold. I’ve never ever never had a moldy plant. I chucked all three in the garbage. Healthy plants no nutrient problems. Smelled like shit, actually smelled like nothing at all. What a waste

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Do you still have the roots? Dig up the roots, soak them in water to remove the dirt. dry them, then cut into small pieces. Dehydrate to remove all moisture. Pulverize in a coffee grinder, put the powder into tea bags. Use it for medicinal properties.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I made a post on December 17 last year that my Manipuri was finally showing sex. This was after several months on 12/12. Now it's over 6 months later and still going. Down to 9 hours of light and still looks like a few weeks to go. Plant is too ugly to photograph. Anyway the end is nigh, I suspect I will harvest in a couple of weeks no matter what, but will not be trying this indoors again. However, it is a landrace and it is always a risk growing something like that indoors. I hope the effect turns out worth the effort. We shall see.

I made a couple of crosses with a Laos and Laos/Mango that I might try depending how good (or not) the Manipuri effect is?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've been vaping on my Manipuri a while now. It looks like it came out of a 1973 High Times magazine. Airy stringy sativa buds.

It has a really nice taste, kind of sweet grassy with a hint of mint. The high is stimulating, pleasant and uplifting, a little stronger than some landrace I've had. I quite like it. I had no issues with mould or male flowers, just took ages and ages to mature.

I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to grow it again indoors, but would if I had a good outdoor spot. Would actually be perfect outdoors here in the sub tropics.