What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo#3 X Banghi haze and GT

G

They're progressing great man!
As you said,with some plants ,pinching just promotes more side branches,without actually halting the meristem noticeably...
Cheers matey!:)

J

jaded1

Cheers Syd!Yeah,that's what seems to happen bro,i've got a load of crap to trim from her!

Looks like i'll have to stake the 2 topped congo/bangi's,they are taller than the thai leaning gt at the mo but cant see that lasting much longer!Looks like they've pretty much done with stretch and are going in to full flower mode
The other 2 gt's are gonna need some raisng to get the tops up to the same height as are well over a foot shorter than the rest in there

J

jaded1

Some pics at 23 days
1st the congo/bangi
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

J

jaded1

Was gonna get some shots of the plants outside the tent but didn't have the memory card in camera so only got pics of 1 of the congo/bangi's.She's the tallest plant in there by a few inches at the mo and has grown to about 4 inches from the led but doesn't seem to mind being that close.Smells of lime cordial at the mo and is starting to put on some resin
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jaded1,

Exciting to see the development of your indoor sativas :)

The GTs are showing truly strong thai influence, and the Congo x Bangi Haze are like tamed pure congolese without a hint of indica influence so far.

Thanks a lot for the updates, i'm enjoying them a lot!

J

jaded1

Thanks Dubi bro:)
Yeah,the 3 gt girls are all looking to be on the thai side of the cross.2 of them look like they could put out some long fat colas by the end if I can keep them happy!

I'm really happy with the congo/bangi's so far
!As you said,no sign of indica in them, leaves and bud formation are all sativa.All have great smells so far.2 are similar with lime smells but 1is sweet and the other more citric.the 3rd plant has a floral,citric smell to her

A couple of pics of the gt girl that is the 1st pic in the last gt pics
picture.php
picture.php

J

jaded1

Yes they are Herbgreen!
Sorry for no updates but plants took a big turn for the worst after last pics.Between an invasion of spider mites and some fungus gnats(only really affected the congo/bangi)and some kind of def or ph prob the congo's took a real battering.Especially the tallest congo girl that has brown spots on almost every leaf.
I'll get some pics up of them tomorrow as ,even with all the probs they are putting out some decent looking buds.

Gt's have faired a little bit better than the congo's but not much!All have suffered from a lack of N in soil but are putting out some rock hard frost covered smallish nugs up the lengths of the branches except for the extreme girl that has loads of much wispier buds that her sisters.

rlsmooth

Hey Jaded1,

Been waiting for your update. Sorry to hear about bug problems, one of the most interesting diaries here so I hope things get better! Please post some pics when you have time..best of luck!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Subbed.
Sorry about the pests. Things were looking so good up till now! I hope they all pull through.

J

jaded1

A couple of pics of the mess in flower!Will have to take plants out to get decent shots(even if look rough)of them as is impossible for me in this tent
1st is a congo/bangi and other 2 are of gt's at just short of 9 weeks

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jaded1,

Despite the pests and macronutrient deficiencies they are budding up nicely :)
Looking forward for a happy finish!

J

jaded1

Thanks Dubi!
Yeah i ended up making soil too weak to try and keep plant from curling and took too long to add food when defs started showing up,even with the probs they are putting out some very nice buds.2 of the congo/bangi will be done in in about 4/5 days and have put out a lot of frost the last week or so.I'll get some pics of them when i get them out to chop them.Smells on them are still sweet/citric lime.

The pic of the gt(not the thai beast)smells of unsweetened pineapple juice and has some very resinous buds on her.I need to get her out and get a proper pic of her as that 1 doesn't do her justice.Looks like she might need another couple of weeks to finish but some of the lowers are looking pretty close to being done

J

jaded1

picture.php

Pic of buds from 2 of the congo/bangi's,1 of plants smells of lime and turmeric now they're dry.Other smells of lime and has a funky parmesan cheese smell to it.Not tried them yet,gonna let them have a bit of a cure before I do.

G

Always love the end product photos you upload,they seem really well done! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest jaded1!

Those buds look like will deliver a very electric african sativa effect! ;)

48N

Can you direct me to the congo3-pictures?
If you have sampled already what can you tell so far about the congo3-Bangi?