What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian regular limited edition

YukonKronic

Oh and I heard a rumour about GT breeders packs later this year or next so if I buy that there will probably be more interesting lines there to cross too!!

Samuel Caldwell

Nice collection, YK! It sounds like it'll be awhile before you get to these seeds with all those other projects lined up ahead of them.

I'm planning on making seeds and I'll definitely preserve this line, too. Mandala Satori is an old favorite of mine so I'll probably try to cross them at some point. Not sure what else I'll mix it with, though. I suppose I'll see what else I've got going at the time.

YukonKronic

Honestly the Ace gear is by far the best in my stable. That said I've got big names in there like Animal Cookies or The Purps but they're from other seedbanks of rather spurious repute and so far I don't see much to get excited about.

Are they as advertised? Well , actually pretty close but the flavours don't punch quite so much the yields are lowish there is a fair bit of phenotype variation not to mention they have rather flat uninteresting effects in comparison to Aces genetics. Basically it feels as if the breeders did little or no selection or testing and traded on some cuts they got or seeds they bought from another breeder so they could make a quick buck.... you know... the exact opposite of ACE's modus operandi.

I'm looking at space and making choices and plans and I figure I'm only about 12 weeks from putting BangEth seeds in dirt.

For the crossing of Natural Mystics, the doffing of Africa's distance
We Join in origin taking one sacred breath
And Fu*kin ROCK as our heads BangEth!!

Todaayyy; I ammmm..... a Poet. I didn't know it but my feet show it.
Lol:wtf:

YukonKronic

Chant down thanks to alla dem wat free the holy herb from Babylon mon! Many thanks to the righteous who choose Zion.. Jah love to me bruddas Jah love to High holy herbs Jah love Canada and alla dem who Bring her from Babylons grip!

I'm feeling a little spiritually free today and Bob Marley put me in a Rastafarian kinda mood. (My ignorance of actual Rastafarianism may be evident but I hope is not offensive to any who practice):biggrin:

RECREATIONAL CANNABIS IS LEGAL IN CANADA 🇨🇦!!!!!

YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

I have actually been advocating this since I was twelve. To any who would listen I presented real science and factual counterpoints to their intolerant and BRAINWASHED ideas of the "terrible" danger of marijuana.

I and many others have been derided and ridiculed for our conviction and today the choice we all made last elections cycle was put into action thus redeeming and vindicating all of our collective struggles to free our plant from the clutches of unjust laws and the Greed that pervades all societies.

REJOICE. REASON CAN WIN.

CowboyTed

I'm feeling a little spiritually free today and Bob Marley put me in a Rastafarian kinda mood. (My ignorance of actual Rastafarianism may be evident but I hope is not offensive to any who practice):biggrin:

RECREATIONAL CANNABIS IS LEGAL IN CANADA ����!!!!!

YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

I have actually been advocating this since I was twelve. To any who would listen I presented real science and factual counterpoints to their intolerant and BRAINWASHED ideas of the "terrible" danger of marijuana.

I and many others have been derided and ridiculed for our conviction and today the choice we all made last elections cycle was put into action thus redeeming and vindicating all of our collective struggles to free our plant from the clutches of unjust laws and the Greed that pervades all societies.

REJOICE. REASON CAN WIN.

I'm happy for you, neighbor! Let's hope that the rest of our neighbors learn from our examples.

I also want to thank you for the work you've been doing for so long. I'm sad to admit that I was one of those many people you encountered who bought into the scary propaganda about cannabis. If I saw the light, others will too. Keep up the fight.

As for Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, I just received a package in the mail with some of these beans.

Amazingly, in just six days from placing my order, the seeds arrived from Ace, from halfway around the world! My wife was momentarily concerned about who this "Tiffany" was, sending me gifts from Valencia. When I showed her what was in the package, she understood. :) Your package camouflage works well, Dubi!

Oddly, Dubi, you posted in a thread a couple months back, when we were discussing the trouble finding seeds in the U.S. You mentioned that you had seeds available, but I was new to the site, and didn't yet know who you are.

I discovered the Ace Seeds section of the ICMag website, and I've become fascinated by your genetics, and can't wait to try my hand at growing them. My seed hunting problem seems to be over!

Now I just need to figure out which strain to try growing first. Dubi, is there one of these you would recommend to a new grower as their first Ace grow, grown indoors in a scrog?

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian
Orient Express
Zamaldelica
Golden Tiger
Erdpurt
Malawi

Or the mysteries of Ace Mix!

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Dubi is out of action with an injured hand at the moment but I can tell you that all but Erdpurt or Orient Express will do wonderfully in a SCROG. My reasoning: Erdpurt is an outdoor cold weather strain and will not thrive in a SCROG as it is primarily bred for fast cold resistant columnar growth. I believe that while OE is and indoor strain and may do well enough in a screen if I recall it is also a fairly compact plant and would consequently take longer to sprawl into a screen.

I have experience with Zam and GT in a SCROG and have seen Malawi do well too (Tangwena... you should definitely check out his cob cure) I am confident in Banghi x Ethiopian because Banghi has proven itself in SCROG before (Banghi Haze thread) and Ethiopian has notably strong yield in its side branches as stated in its strain description.

All that said in my experience Zam was a little more finicky than GT as far as sensitivity to nutrition and water as well as environment but it has a shorter flowering time in general.
I think I recommend Malawi or GT as a more sure fire route to a solid harvest of premium STRONG sativa.

Dubi or someone else with more experience or insight may have more to say on the other strains I'm just going from what I've seen.... Lol I still really want to see a BH x Eth grow too tho so do it if your up to the mysterious unknown then do it!!

YukonKronic

To be clear: I'm not selling Zam short.. I Love this stuff and some phenotypes are really like shrooms or speed or something. I just found I had more (I am sometimes neglectful due to medical issues) problems with it being sensitive to mistakes.

CowboyTed

I'm very tempted, when the rest of my seeds arrive, to germinate one of each strain, in a 12/12 from seed grow, just so I can sample them all at once!

I imagine that grow as a form of ecstacy, as I would take each strain out of the cabinet and take in the individual aromas, then grab another and another. I don't think I'd get tired of that!

YukonKronic

Ya the smells never get old... I'm currently back to sniffing my developing GT buds like a beagle on a bitch in heat... nuffling into those buds for all I can smell and it STILL is indescribable!

I'm working out some airflow/cooling issues in new veg cab and then I'll start my BangEth seeds.. prolly a couple weeks out including shipping time for new fan. Going to be about 14 weeks anyway before a flowering spot is clear so I might do multiple clones of each meantime and flower sexed females as a SOG/mini tree grow when time comes.

CowboyTed

It seems I'll be the first to post pics in this thread. I popped a lovely little BHxE bean today:

picture.php

YukonKronic

Hot damn here we go. Colour me jealous! Keep the pics/updates coming much as your able. I'm just dying to see more on this strain

CowboyTed

Hot damn here we go. Colour me jealous! Keep the pics/updates coming much as your able. I'm just dying to see more on this strain

You'll get to see her growing up side by side with Snow Moon, Orient Express and a mystery "Ace Mix" seed. I should flip them to flower roughly late December. It will be interesting to see whether I can keep four ladies manageable in a veg cabinet that is only 20 inches tall!

YukonKronic

How big is your flower room/chamber? Banghi Ethiopian might stretch a bit. Ethiopian is sposta get yuuuge. My GT ends up 4x as big as when I flip. Literally.
Hopefully I'm just blowing smoke and its all good... just kind of had bells go off when you said 20 inches...

CowboyTed

How big is your flower room/chamber? Banghi Ethiopian might stretch a bit. Ethiopian is sposta get yuuuge. My GT ends up 4x as big as when I flip. Literally.
Hopefully I'm just blowing smoke and its all good... just kind of had bells go off when you said 20 inches...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updates! Pics!
biggrin.gif
[/FONT]

I use a Screen of Green method to keep the plants manageable in the short veg chamber. I'll top the plant and train the branches horizontally, so that each plant will fill its screen. The screen is attached to the pot, so they are already being trained to the scrog before they go upstairs into flower. In the flower chamber, they have almost five feet to grow into, and I may need to use a second scrog screen higher up if they stretch that much.

That's OK. I'm adaptable.

I'll get you a pic when the lights are back on. Banghi Haze/Eth. is well in the lead, (thanks to a three-day headstart!) but The Ace Mix mystery seed broke ground yesterday and is looking mighty eager. Snow moon is starting to push upward on the soil but hadn't seen the light yet today. No sign of activity from Oriental Express thus far, but what will tomorrow bring?

Stay tuned!

CowboyTed

Updates! Pics!:biggrin:

Here's the horserace in action, with BHxE in the lead. But this photo was in the morning.

picture.php

By the time the lights went out, that skinny little Ace Mix mystery seedling had stretched so much that she's taller, but still spindly, with nothing but a couple tiny cotyledons and barely perceptible first real leaves. The Snow moon is now fully out of the soil, but still wearing her shell as she rises.

YukonKronic

Awesome! If your SM has trouble dropping the seed husk I recommend putting her into a dish or something you can seal a bit to keep humidity high... moisture seems key to getting the placenta sac thingy to loosen and slide off. I've sprayed and waited a minute or two then pulled gently DOWNward with a kind of light pinching action to get it off before too...
Best of luck looks like a good start.

CowboyTed

Awesome! If your SM has trouble dropping the seed husk I recommend putting her into a dish or something you can seal a bit to keep humidity high... moisture seems key to getting the placenta sac thingy to loosen and slide off. I've sprayed and waited a minute or two then pulled gently DOWNward with a kind of light pinching action to get it off before too...
Best of luck looks like a good start.

I suspect you've probably beheaded a few innocent seedlings in the past trying to get those shells off too, haven't you? DAMHIK

That's funny to hear you refer to the shell of the seed as the "placenta." I've never heard anyone use that term before in reference to cannabis seeds, though the analogy is apt. The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that word is the ten pound sacks of slime that came out with the calf when a cow gave birth, an event I helped with all too many times in my youth.

In my mind, I see this wrestling match going on, between a spindly seedling and a ten-pound sack of slime. I'm betting on the sack of slime.

YukonKronic

Lol eeewwwww:laughing:
Edit: I feel like Weird or Avenger or someone equally intelligent beyond deciphering ought to jump in with a post on... something like field studies proving nutritional value of placenta in compost and impact on microbial hierarchies or some shit...lol also I feel like I'm a little stoned..:biggrin:

Last edited: