What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pangi and friends

Koondense

Veteran
Pangi #2, awesome resin !!

picture.php

picture.php

The clone survived, I got a true keeper :)

Cheers

G

You're making me regret again for not getting this one !She's really dripping man!:canabis:

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Syd, you're still in time to get some beans ;)

Pangi#2 flower development

picture.php

Indeed this one looks more Bangi leaning pheno, she will be probably lower yielding in flower mass but possibly more total resin yield. We'll never know for sure.
Her smell is sharper and almost cat-piss compared to the mostly lemony Pangi#1(Panama dominant), I like this change because it feels to me more compatible to the coming summer season. Maybe with a bit more electric effect :)
The clone is doing good, seems well preserved and vigorous... and I like it!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
With this plant I'm exploring my feeding habits and she is showing me they are quite on the low side, no wonder I frequently get massive yellowing fan leaves in most of my plants.
The Pangi#2 can handle nutrients well, yet I think the limit is further because of the increasing dose I give her and the only reminder of that is slight leaf claw.
Anyway most mid/bottom fans are gone and the remaining ones still show lack of feed.

Meanwhile the tops are shining in resin and building it up very nicely

picture.php

The smell is still acrid lemony and hashy, I think this one will be killer. The bottom buds are so tempting to test them a bit early but must try and wait for the flush.

Cheers

deepwaterdude

Mornin Koondense, they're looking great as usual. They've got a lot of Panama Goddess it looks like. Excellent high, great terpines;) My Bangi had definite garlic/onion to it but cured much sweeter.

orfeas

Veteran
trichome-itis gone contagious round here, heh... "Pangi#2

I love this plant!" me too! :)

:tiphat:Orfeas

konopenko

Veteran
Ja man lovely buds there, are you gona vape or smoke them? Im searching vaporizer which must be portable and produce quality smoke..:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koodense,

Nice to see you back growing Panama x Bangi Haze again ;)
Glad you find this new F1 enough interesting to explore more seeds!

Koondense

Veteran
Of course Dubi,
she is my favorite so far ;) I also keep the clones and at least one is going outdoors soon.
While the mother is close to finish, I'll post some pics this weekend if I get the time.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
...the weeks fly by...

Last weekend Pangi #2 was harvested, she finished drying yesterday and is now curing in the jar.
An example of a glittery bud from this more Bangi hae dominant pheno.

picture.php

As described before, her smell is more lemony and sharper compared to the softer hashy pheno #1. Lemon, catpiss and hash are main smell nuances.
By the preliminary smokes she also packs more power, is harder on the brain and a truly strong heady smoke with a bit more lung expansion than #2, but that's notmal for an uncured just dried sativa.

I'll let her sit in the jar in the future months and do a proper smoke report of this pheno in few months. The smoke report from pheno #1 will be written someday this next week.

Yield is 115g in a 11l pot under around 70W leds, so around 1,6g/W. Pretty happy with her to be honest, despite I consider this pheno to be lower yielding compared to pheno #1.

Gotta go smoke her a bit, to know her better. She's a very interesting lady ;)

Cheers

Buddler

Veteran
Beautiful ! I know the Pan I grew really frost up ,I d be happy for half of that on some banghi..:smoke:

The Hatter

Veteran
Thanks for the amazing grow log. If the dates you posted line up with when you took the photos I'm guessing Pangi ended up going about 12 1/2 weeks?

Koondense

Veteran
That's pretty accurate.
My general thinking is it's a 11-13 week variety, early harvest comes more lemony, later starts to smell a bit thicker.
I prefer smoking the pheno #2, feels a bit clearer and more mentally stimulating, the first pheno was also great but had just a bit softer edges on the high.

Saving the details for a proper smoke report ;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Koondense, very nice looking bud and grow. Thanks for sharing. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koodense,

Congrats on the harvest of your second Panama x Bangi Haze :yes:
Sure, the first pheno you grew was more Panama influenced, this second one looks more on the Bangi Haze side, i'm glad you are enjoying both.

Thanks for all your pics, comments and updates :huggg:

jonhova

That's pretty accurate.
My general thinking is it's a 11-13 week variety, early harvest comes more lemony, later starts to smell a bit thicker.
I prefer smoking the pheno #2, feels a bit clearer and more mentally stimulating, the first pheno was also great but had just a bit softer edges on the high.

Saving the details for a proper smoke report ;)

I'm dying to know what you think of this after a good cure. Specifically if you get a dreamlike, uplifting, PSYCHEDELIC feeling from this.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey summer people,
I'm still delaying the Pangi smoke report so first sorry for the wait, it's gonna end soon I promise.
But I have some good news(mostly for me), I set up an improvised grow with my Pangi#2 clones and some more friends, trying to do a scrog grow with multiple varieties.

So there are three Pangi#2 clones(back row), transplanted few days ago in biobizz all mix with some added light mix + worm castings, the other three are a clone from my beloved Rosetta(TTSCo Durbakistan - first row on left), a revegged clone of the ACE test variety Zamaldelica x KaliChina(first row on right) which had some serious bisexual issues(probably related to light leaks) in my first grow. The last one is the Delicatessen's Her Majesty)first row in center) which is the only plant from seed in the tent.

picture.php

I'll be trying to scrog them and offer some support for the buds as the Pangi tends to stretch and get quite heavy on somewhat flimsy branches.
Light is now cooler(power is out of tent) and set at around 230W, going up to 300W in early/mid flower till late flower.
Right now the light schedule is 14/10 so a transition phase for three days and then 12/12 with 11/13 in the last phase after 7-8 weeks.

My last grow had some heavy issues with mites and also soil fusarium(Zam KC) so the plant suffered a lot but still put out some tasty buds in the end.
Hopefully this one will be issue free, so wish them luck ;)

Cheers