What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

99 Joints of Weed on the Wall.... 99 joints of weed...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Why spend $500?

4 x 10 foot 1/2 inch CPVC pipe. Cones just happen to fit perfectly.
- Cut in 3.5 inches (12.5mm) for the body
- Cut in 1.25 inches (3.5mm) for the lid
Good 'ol Gorilla Glue - Super Glue to keep it together.
Total Cost about $15.00, and a day's work cutting and gluing.

I can make 99 Joints at a time with this. If I had time, I'd make it for 500 Joints (I should have made this in the spring).

Smoothing out the edges
picture.php

~4lbs Weed :)
picture.php

Fill the tubes half way, then I use a JigSaw to vibrate the box/tubes to make sure they fill with no air spots. Fill to the top, then shake it again. Total shake time is about 2 minutes.
picture.php

Joints are King Size (109mm). Perfect for 1/2 gram each.

2 joints per tube
picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
When do you put the cones in? Should make a video of it working seems pretty sweet.

1. Put the top part on
2. Drop the empty cones in it
3. Fill with weed (shake/vibrate to settle the weed and pack the joint)
4. Take the top off so it exposes a bit of the joint
5. Weigh & close the joint.

Here's a small one with the top part on.
picture.php

Dday391

Fucking mcgyver on ic... lol I thought the paper towel pots were brilliant as well! Thanks for sharing all these contraptions

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Fucking mcgyver on ic... lol I thought the paper towel pots were brilliant as well! Thanks for sharing all these contraptions

Paper pots were good for the vegetable garden because I could let them get big and the roots kept them together. For weed? Not so much.

I put my plants out at 3-4 weeks. Just not big enough to hold the pots together. It's ok for going into containers, but not good at all to transport. But the few I did let go to 6 weeks, did ok since they went into pots on the deck.

I still like Peat pots better. I'd like to find peat pots that are 5 inches tall and only 2-3 inches wide. About the size of a can of Pepsi. That would be perfect.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome contraption!
Where do you get the tubes you put the joints in?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks.
Any hardware store. just ask for 1/2 inch CPVC pipe. Mine came in 10 foot lengths. I used this to cut it, then I had to glue it. Took me a full day.
Note that the 1/2 inch refers to the hole in the inside of the pipe.

ridgid-pipe-tube-cutting-32975-64_1000.jpg

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry, should have clarified. I meant the tubes holding the finished joints in the bags.