What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Gen Hydro flora 3part 3 days into flower and yellow

TheGringo

Whats up guys. this is driving me crazy. 3rd attempt.

veg plants one month. super healthy and green in a tent with a 400 mh.

straight coco. folowing the dtw schedual at a weaker rate
gh micro grow bloom

i water every other day till rootbound and then multifeed

the last 2 failed runs i was on the head 6\9 and watering everyday
the same thing.moved to flower room and yellow

so this time i let them go every other day until rootbound and they responded much better

rez at 600 on 500 scale

ph 5.8 going in

3 days ago moved them into the flower room under a 600 hps. and...... yellow

wtf.......

what am doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20180918_141929.jpg
    IMG_20180918_141929.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20180918_141944.jpg
    IMG_20180918_141944.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 19
Is the yellowing the new growth? That's how it's supposed to look, all the time if your plants are thriving.

Reeally yellow up there could be an iron deficiency but it doesnt look like it to me.

Who has dark green new growth? Maybe my monitor is fucked but those look fine albeit weak plants already. They darken as the 12/12 frenzy keeps on no?

p0opstlnksal0t

Just did runoff with 600 ppm going in and 5.8 pH

Came out on average 500 to 550 ppm

pH 5.8

Nothing jumps out at me as an issue here you say you feed every other day until root bound how long does it take to fill your pots with roots. You are not watering plain water between feedings or anything are you?

It may seem expensive at first , Canna Coco Nutes for the win ! A+B all the way , start to finish ! Any bloom boost you like when needed for youre girls ! Taper off nutes , when swelling stops , lots of very small p.p.m.water for couple weeks , simple , gauranteed results ! :woohoo:

TheGringo

Nothing jumps out at me as an issue here you say you feed every other day until root bound how long does it take to fill your pots with roots. You are not watering plain water between feedings or anything are you?

Pretty quick. Like from 1 liter to 1 gallon I get roots coming out the bottom in less than 5 days. Then build up the feedings from every other day to every day to multifeed depending on the weight of the pot. Never water with water. I only use a weaker solution if I want it weaker.

TheGringo

It may seem expensive at first , Canna Coco Nutes for the win ! A+B all the way , start to finish ! Any bloom boost you like when needed for youre girls ! Taper off nutes , when swelling stops , lots of very small p.p.m.water for couple weeks , simple , gauranteed results ! :woohoo:

I only have access to general hydro and advanced nutes.

Speed of green

What kind of water are you using?

The first couple weeks of flower I normally up the ec slightly 800-850 ppm @ .5 scale.

You are feeding @ 600 and runoff is 500-550, I would bump up the feed to 800-850 and look for signs of improvement.

p0opstlnksal0t

i typically up the first few weeks feedings as well but there are plenty of cats like DeltaNxs that feed from juvenile through chop at the exact same amount and they are killing it.

TheGringo

What kind of water are you using?

The first couple weeks of flower I normally up the ec slightly 800-850 ppm @ .5 scale.

You are feeding @ 600 and runoff is 500-550, I would bump up the feed to 800-850 and look for signs of improvement.

Ro water and today went with 800

Added some calmag too with humic and sulfer and seaweed. Bioag's cytoplus

It's crazy though... Bc I was trying 6/9 at regulated times. Like building up ec. Failed. Then read heads sticky. He says 6/9 full strength all the way through. Feed everyday. Failed

Now with back to the drain to waste schedule on the website. Now. Failing that. Before it worked. But I was flowering in the tent.

I've never been successful in this room with out plants in a tent.

But if my environment is good. I don't get it. It's cursed..

Same thing in the same room. My tips are good. Humidity good. Light is halfway to roof now.

Yellow on all the plant sites

Top to bottom

Speed of green

Start back at the beginning, re calibrate all meters/scales, check the feed strength and ratios, make sure you are mixing in the correct order. Re-check ph.

If all that fails and you feel confident there are no other variables, then yes I would up the feed.

Most of them time when I get stuck at a problem I just retrace my steps, think about everything i know... more often than not it’s something simple that’s been staring me in the face.

TheGringo

Start back at the beginning, re calibrate all meters/scales, check the feed strength and ratios, make sure you are mixing in the correct order. Re-check ph.

If all that fails and you feel confident there are no other variables, then yes I would up the feed.

Most of them time when I get stuck at a problem I just retrace my steps, think about everything i know... more often than not it’s something simple that’s been staring me in the face.

This morning I woke up to this.

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_080953.jpg
    IMG_20180920_080953.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20180920_080939.jpg
    IMG_20180920_080939.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20180920_081018.jpg
    IMG_20180920_081018.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 16

TheGringo

I've changed batteries. I calibrate alot. I check pH Everytime I'm going to feed.

It's crazy. They were fine in the veg tent. Acouple days in the flower room using a 600 instead of the 400 mh...

It's nuts

I give the flower room and veg room food from the same Rez. Bc I'm still using the 3rd week 5-5-2.5 . Veg room fine. Flower room this yellowing.

TheGringo

Veg tent

Flower tent

Same Rez

Same age.

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_101606.jpg
    IMG_20180920_101606.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180920_104918.jpg
    IMG_20180920_104918.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 17

Speed of green

Honestly the pictures of the plants look a little over watered. Can you setup your 400w area on 12/12 and move one plant in there... see if there is any improvement in the other area.