What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Wet Trimmer Machine? Best Dry Trimmer Machine?

What's the best currently in the market for wet trimming and for dry trimming largish quantities?
I'm curious and completely out of touch with the latest tech.

I'll add a poll once I get a list of different brands and models.

I'm thinking the way things are going with large scale grows there must be some really nice stuff available.
What do you use? And for what reason.

I have several years experience using a T2 Twister wet trimmer, built in Canada by people who understand cannabis, as far as construction, speed of cutting, ease of cleaning (with pressure washer) I have worked in a very large grow operation i could push over 500 lbs of wet thru it in 10-12 hours. We would harvest for close to 3 months had a few breaks but not many that machine can keep up especially with the right person running it. I personally owned one and ran one for my friend who had a 40 light operation. Best machine by far one the market.

I also have used double barrel zooms had two we leased, brand new outta the box. complete junk pieces of garbage manufactured in china, you get what you pay for. I chased issues and problems the entire 3 weeks we had them. Bolts came loose, parts shifted as it ran, they hacked the cannabis. Waste of time and money.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Not trying to jack this thread, but does anyone have any advice for someone doing 1000 - 2000 grams, a couple of times a year. Do not care if it is electric or not.

Not trying to jack this thread, but does anyone have any advice for someone doing 1000 - 2000 grams, a couple of times a year. Do not care if it is electric or not.

Yeah, dry trim, get a Trim-pal, $3700, vs T2 $12,000. Trim-pal is electric.

Ive used the Trim-pal as well, it worked great on the 65 lbs we trimmed up, at around 4-5 lbs at a time, its only a dry trim machine. It rolls too slow to wet trim dispite its having a blade like system, And you collect all you trim below, its gravity not a huge sucking vacuum. Id own one.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

nuff said , especially since i,m vacuum sealing . its no brainer
picture.php

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i can,t even begin to explain the time and money saved..... involved in this machine . if i did people wouldn't believe me .;)

i have used a t4 also , its perfect for smaller jobs , anything under 100 pound . requires more cleaning but its also alot quieter . the t2 is very loud cause of the dust extraction .

both do same job

loves this shit ......black lime reserve
picture.php

Last edited:
O

Oakhills

The Trim-Pal looks very similar to the Triminator for dry trimming. The local shop rents out the Triminator mini for $350 per day..... I was thinking of renting one because I don't want to be trimming last seasons outdoor for the next three months (I'm slow, ok?).

Anyone else use a Triminator?

500 lbs of wet in 10-12 hours eh, thats like 50 lbs an hour, no chance

Whats your experience using a twister? Why do you say "no chance" ?
I can asure you the twister T2 is capable of trimming that and more, a few reasons, the operator must keep the barrel fed constantly and consistently with material, the entire time, too many peope look at the twister and make no improvements on it, meaning add a lil angle to the machine, and add a table top. And having a knowledgeable & skilled operator. Also preparing the material gettin all bud removed from stem, and large fan leaves, no pre trimming the buds with scissors, not needed. The twister is as only as good as the guy feeding the machine. Again I have several years running very large amounts of cannabis thru it I learned how to get the most out of the T2. 500 lbs wet is very doable.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

500 pounds a 10/12 my arse , total garbage . no trimmer is that good no person is that good .total bs

i realistic number for t2 would be 50/60 pound in 10 hours , you can only feed it so fast or your product is shit . don,t care how good a operator you think you are or how good the people prepping material , though the people prepping are the key not the operator .

you can,t run it the entire time , if you actually have resin on your plants ..... its needs to be cleaned atleast once to maintain the finished product . it clogs with resin and the blades do need cleaning even though it has a self sharpener . the barrel also will get to a point it needs cleaning . you use spray oil to lubricate but the resin build up still occurs after some time .

@stinky , yes it kills your trim ..... when your at that level trim is least of your concerns . its better than running a trim team for 6 months . imagine the time and cost involved in that, not to mention getting your weed out and gone .

Last edited:
500 pounds a 10/12 my arse , total garbage . no trimmer is that good no person is that good .total bs

i realistic number for t2 would be 50/60 pound in 10 hours , you can only feed it so fast or your product is shit . don,t care how good a operator you think you are or how good the people prepping material , though the people prepping are the key not the operator .

you can,t run it the entire time , if you actually have resin on your plants ..... its needs to be cleaned atleast once to maintain the finished product . it clogs with resin and the blades do need cleaning even though it has a self sharpener . the barrel also will get to a point it needs cleaning . you use spray oil to lubricate but the resin build up still occurs after some time .

@stinky , yes it kills your trim ..... when your at that level trim is least of your concerns . its better than running a trim team for 6 months . imagine the time and cost involved in that, not to mention getting your weed out and gone .

Baked beans, whats your experience using a T2 how much time do you have running one? at 50/60 lbs in 10 hours i would still be standing there trimming 2014s crop. We had over 1600 lbs of dried that year And no where near trimming 2015s crop at that rate. We had 2800 lbs dried 2nd year. Do the math Cannabis loses 75% of its weight. I worked for a large medical grow and a tier 3 i502 grow, i also trimmed for a tier 2 grow here in washington All using T2. I have trimmed over 100 different strains as well.

The T2 is capable of trimming 500 lbs of wet trim and more! It is solely based on your machine operater operating a clean machine to get the buds thru the machine. Cold & cool buds will not stick to the barrel like warm sticky buds gumming up the machine. Once again I have several years on a regular basis monthly and daily running very large amounts of cannabis, I personally owned a T2 i had a custom table top designed for the twister, the twister T2 is fully capable of trimming 500 lbs and more of wet cannabis, i did it day after day after day. Had i not been able to trim that much in a day we would have never spent the money on a machine. $12,000. You can say BS all you want its a fact it can trim that much. and the bud is truely trimmed not just stuffing it thru to put it thru its trimmed nicely.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

can,t see it in million years 500 pound day , i,ve told you my experience and i don,t need to go into any more detail than i have . its realistic figure i quoted .my experience is the machine can only handle so much the hole at one end is only so big . its that simple.

basically what your saying is you had not much time at all on a twister because lets see 1600 pound would take just over 3 days so thats 2014 crop done next season 2800 pounds so thats nearly 6 days on a twister ...... think we can see my point and why i,m saying bs . i dont doubt your figures on pounds just the numbers you say can go through a twister ...... you say you do it it day after day after day , yet seems you'd only need a week in total to do a whole crop of massive numbers ? hay look its good to be you right

anyway most people can expect the figures i,ve quoted , its very realistic .

Last edited:
The Twister T2 is capable of much much more then people will give it credit for, at 60 lbs of wet cannabis a day with the T2 is a total waste of time when that could be done in an hour. Ive done it and 500+ lbs of wet cannabis can be accomplished with T2 in a day, ive done it.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
That trimminator mini thing looks badass.

Idc which machine is more efficient; I just don't want to spend days hand trimming and getting carpel tunnel for fuck's sake.