What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Ioni Botani

KEEP IT SIMPLE STONER
*EDIT*
Beware that not all teaspoons measure/weigh out the same. Please weigh out 7 grams, do not go by 1 tsp.
...READ ENTIRE THREAD...
IF you're serious.
For a newb, there are A LOT of distractions out there.

Somehow, an underground market has been literally 'consumed' by pointless products.

Even some of the so called 'simple' methods have users buying multiple products.

Stated herein is a method that has been handed down to me, by someone who had it handed down to them, and in no way am I taking credit for this method.

Hopefully some of the Pro's will pipe in, and we'll have a good old thread going on simplicity, and the long term benefits of such simple methods.

Lucas Formula (.com!)

If you don't know yet, Google it! Enlighten thyself to the world of simplicity! Most people know Lucas as two of the three part GH Flora Series...however, what most people don't know is that they are paying for H20! That's right, most of the liquid GH is I believe distilled water.

The Method

MaxiBloom is a little known additive from GenHydro. However with further inspection, this 'additive' has everything the plant needs. Nothing more in your water than:

1 TEAspoon MaxiBloom
pH Calibration***
Per US gal. tap water

***(This varies depending on region, test pH amounts for YOURSELF! 1/2 Tsp pH UP works for me!)

How To Completely Dissolve

1. Fill Mason Jar half full of hot water (Glass not plastic!)
  2. Empty measured/weighed Maxi into Mason Jar
  3. Shake for at least 5 min. (You don't have to shake it hard, it just takes time. So get comfy!)
  4. Pour solution into mixing bucket
  5. Fill to desired amount and away ya go!
BE SURE TO KEEP AN EYE ON RUNOFF pH...adjust accordingly...

That's it. Your plants will love it. Your pocketbook will love it.

I know people that do more with this shit, than most people do with 20 products, snake oils, and potions...Hoodoo!

picture.php

^^^Outlaw's Gorilla Grape^^^

picture.php

^^^Pre-98 Bubba Kush ^^^

picture.php
(Removed.)

^^^Cinderella 99^^^

YOU will love it.

More on this later, but now I must be off!

BIG UP ya selves!

-Io

*EDIT* Photo and nug credit goes to Evlme2

Last edited by a moderator:

Ioni Botani

1st pic GDP
2nd pic Bubba Kush

Amirite?

1st pic...Outlaw's Gorilla Grape
2nd pic...Pre 98 Bubba

EDIT....to further elaborate...A level teaspoon of Maxi is around 7 grams. 7 grams is the actual 8/16 Lucas...except I believe with a little more Cal and Mag. I believe it was Dongle69 that started the idea..The plants LOVE it!!!!

toohighmf

Veteran
maxibloom is a 1 part powdered fert. it isnt a bloom stimulant.
it's very similar to the lucas formula. its cheap and stabile. some of the best growers here use it..

R

rick shaw

Nice,Your cost is .15@ gallon for a complete nutrient program.I am going to put a price comparison of different nutrients cost to fill 50 gallon res.Yours is $7.50:tiphat:

Ioni Botani

Nice,Your cost is .15@ gallon for a complete nutrient program.I am going to put a price comparison of different nutrients cost to fill 50 gallon res.Yours is $7.50:tiphat:

Please do! Id love to see the price comparison of a 50 gal res with the entire AN line in it! :p LOL!
Io

Psycho Paul

Simple is good. I would love to see more pics of buds or hear from other people who grow this method as well.

Thanks for sharing

G

Guest 88950

IONI, thx for the thread and i too just started this and I also heard to add 1/2 tsp of the powder Cool Bloom per gal H2o starting 5 days before the flush. no pics b/c i just started this method but the proof is in the pics.

G

Guest 18340

IONI, thx for the thread and i too just started this and I also heard to add 1/2 tsp of the powder Cool Bloom per gal H2o starting 5 days before the flush. no pics b/c i just started this method but the proof is in the pics.
'Tis the method I use. 1/2 tsp/gal of powder KB for the last 4 days before final two week flush.
I'm an avid user of the K.I.S.S. method. My whole entire grow, and I mean from seedling 'til end of flower flush, gets 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom. Period.
Everything in my album/old gallery (with the exception of my early soil days)was grown with said 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom.
I did a whole grow log in Mosca's forum with his C99BX, all Maxibloom.
I may be leaving a few grams by not using a bunch of additives but for shear simplicity and cost, Maxibloom cannot be beat.
A $15 bag of Maxibloom last's me two 60 day flower runs...:)

*EDIT* Just wanted to add; I grow in coco but have a few moms in Rockwool blocks and I can verify that Maxibloom plays VERY well with rockwool. Also, a good buddy uses Maxibloom on ebb/flow tables and all is fantastic!

Last edited:
How does this apply to RO water users?? I'm assuming a cal/mag supplement would still need to be added?

I noticed you specified tap water. Would you mind posting your tap water quality for the growers who would like to use this method, but might have to make adjustments dictated by their tap quality compared to yours?

Good info!

TIA.

Psycho Paul

'Tis the method I use. 1/2 tsp/gal of powder KB for the last 4 days before final two week flush.
I'm an avid user of the K.I.S.S. method. My whole entire grow, and I mean from seedling 'til end of flower flush, gets 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom. Period.
Everything in my album/old gallery (with the exception of my early soil days)was grown with said 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom.
I did a whole grow log in Mosca's forum with his C99BX, all Maxibloom.
I may be leaving a few grams by not using a bunch of additives but for shear simplicity and cost, Maxibloom cannot be beat.
A $15 bag of Maxibloom last's me two 60 day flower runs...:)

*EDIT* Just wanted to add; I grow in coco but have a few moms in Rockwool blocks and I can verify that Maxibloom plays VERY well with rockwool. Also, a good buddy uses Maxibloom on ebb/flow tables and all is fantastic!

Hey evlme2.

Do you have to water pretty much every day then with coco? I wonder how maxibloom works in sunshine/pro-mix and those mediums. I am sure it works just as well.

I am going to give it a try soon.

Psycho Paul

How does this apply to RO water users?? I'm assuming a cal/mag supplement would still need to be added?

I noticed you specified tap water. Would you mind posting your tap water quality for the growers who would like to use this method, but might have to make adjustments dictated by their tap quality compared to yours?

Good info!

TIA.

If you look at the nutrient profile you can see it contains both cal and mag. If it's not enough for cal/mag hungry ladies then I guess you'd have to just supplement with a cal-mag product. That wouldn't take too long to figure out and adjust accordingly.

If you look at the nutrient profile you can see it contains both cal and mag.

Wow..the amount of ca and mg is actually pretty impressive for an all in one nute. So much so that if one of these deficiencies crept up, it wouldn't be that bad to the point where a small supplement would bring them right back in line.

Thank you Paul

Ioni Botani

Tap Water

Tap Water

Wow..the amount of ca and mg is actually pretty impressive for an all in one nute. So much so that if one of these deficiencies crept up, it wouldn't be that bad to the point where a small supplement would bring them right back in line.

Thank you Paul

Last I checked the PPMs of my water was ranging between 500-600. Most of which is Cal and Mag......which is why I use only tap...
NO ADDITIVES NEEDED!

This brings me right to about 1300 ppm's after the Maxi.

I cannot stress enough to find your own amount of pH Up to use, everyone's tap is different.. HOWEVER, in the big scheme of things...it should'nt be more than 1/2 tsp...as the tap water in the US must meet certain standards.

I would like to thank those of you that helped me find my way amongst all the trash out there.

You know who you are!

Thank you.

-I

G

Guest 18340

Good info!

TIA.
Their are a few guys here on the 'mag who use ro and Maxibloom and swear they don't need to add extra cal or mg.
I'm in Florida and this state is a lime stone shelf so our water is loaded with calcium, you can actually smell it, smells like wet clay.
My tap comes out between 290-350ppm's at any given time.

i sure miss Dongle69...i wonder where she could be?:dunno:
Apparently she left becaue she was not happy about yummybud being banned.

Hey evlme2.

Do you have to water pretty much every day then with coco? I wonder how maxibloom works in sunshine/pro-mix and those mediums. I am sure it works just as well.

I am going to give it a try soon.
Yes, I water/feed everyday in coco. Unless the roots are still too small for the pot they're in, then I'll do a few wet/dry days until roots poke out the drain holes.
I can tell you from experience that Maxibloom works with soil, check my thread in Mosca forum,http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191205
I'm sure it will work with pro mix:)

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also found the K.I.S.S. to be effective with FNB (Flora Nova Bloom) at 7ml to 15ml depending on tap water source and stages of growth with no additives. Younger plants 1/4 to 1/2 of the recommended dose. It also has a decent amount of Ca and Mg from the bottle. The added bonus is the Humic Acid. The down part of FNB is it does have a shelf life and the shaking to get things mixed up lol.
picture.php

E

emerald city

Last I checked the PPMs of my water was ranging between 500-600. Most of which is Cal and Mag......which is why I use only tap...
NO ADDITIVES NEEDED!

This brings me right to about 1300 ppm's after the Maxi.

I cannot stress enough to find your own amount of pH Up to use, everyone's tap is different.. HOWEVER, in the big scheme of things...it should'nt be more than 1/2 tsp...as the tap water in the US must meet certain standards.

I would like to thank those of you that helped me find my way amongst all the trash out there.

You know who you are!

Thank you.

-I
Im glad this system works for you and your water supply...I dont belive that it will work for everones situation.Unless the nitrogen used in the maxi product is very acidic[anm-urea] i would still need ph down NOT up to balance my water and keep the mediums ph from riseing...on that note i plan on trying both maxi gro and bloom products and see what happens as im all for the kiss approach.

Latest posts

Latest posts