What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica?

GoatCheese

Veteran
That's fine but from I've read on these boards you have perpetuated the claim:
”..perpetuated the claim”

LOL it’s a quote from Nevil himself.

If Nevil calls a female plant and a male plant both ‘Ortega 15’ in his MNS Forum posts, why do you complain to me about it??! Hah-hah

I don't know what Ed is calling Maple leaf.
Ortega 15 was Maple leaf. This was crossed with AfgTx Sk and AfgS x sk males.
AfgT and AfgS were both sisters and pure maple leaf. Maybe Ed thought that AfgS meant Afg(Sam). It doesn't. The hybrid Ed is talking about is 3/4 Maple Leaf.
N.

CreeperStipule

Laugh away but throughout this thread it's you saying Skunk Skunk yet have you grown MLI? Nev also does not say anywhere that this is the lineage of MLI..

So to be clear YOU don't know if it has any Skunk in it but have stated it has.

What do you think of the statement below? seems the MLI was not worked:

[IMG alt="Nevil"]https://mrnice.nl/forum/data/avatars/m/3/3977.jpg?1592314629[/IMG]

Nevil

Breeder​

Jan 10, 2011
maybe Maple Leaf Indica is also from Nev?
Yep and I got it from Jim Ortega.
Most of those "new" Sensi varieties were from stock that I had been trialling. When I left, I offered to clean up all the useless backup cuttings I had made. The Jamaican was one of them. Ben obviously thought I was trying to sabotage him and insisted on keeping them. It was all crap and I pity people who bought seeds from them after I left. Lots of diversity there for people who want to save the gene pool though ;)
N.

Then we have:

Nevil

Breeder​

Jan 10, 2011
Do you know what the the lineage of the Sensi MLI seeds was?

Also, what was Sensi's Hindu Kush?
In the two years I worked as a consultant for Sensi, I got Their/ My genetics in order. They didn't have anything of their own. If I was handing it on to my son, I couldn't have done more. I wanted to throw out the trash before I left but Ben thought I was like him. I'm not. Anything I had, Sensi had. That doesn't mean they knew how to use it. They didn't, don't and never will.
You could give me a Stradivarius violin, it doesn't mean I can play it.
N.

So if he had a maple leaf line (pure) then they did!

Anyway no point in continuing this as you have your mind made up with Skunk already.

For me there was a big clue where Nev said "I don't know what Ed is calling Maple Leaf"

GoatCheese

Veteran
Laugh away but throughout this thread it's you saying Skunk Skunk yet have you grown MLI? Nev also does not say anywhere that this is the lineage of MLI..
Blaah, blaah

I’m not even gonna read than crap.

Nevil wrote in that quote i just posted that he used “sk” or Skunk males with afg-t and afg-S females in MLI.

..you can’t even read.

revegeta666

Not that I am an expert on lineages but I did grow 2 packs of Maple Leaf, 3 years ago. Plants were more or less uniform, indica style low branching, moderate odor, narcotic effect. Taste was mostly hash and sour fruit There was one plant in 13 females that I would bet money on it being some kind of a skunk phenotype. Much more vigorous than the rest, a lot more potent, very loud smell and the effect was speedier and less pleasing for me (not a fan of skunk types). Because it was such a good plant objectively speaking, I gave it away to a friend who agrees with me in terms of it being closer to what we would expect of a Critical Mass plant. Other than that, there was a NLD plant which had a particularly great relaxing effect, which was my favorite and which I kept for myself.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subbed. Thanks for the great data mine on the mli. I picked up 2 packs dirt cheap this fall. Sprouted 7 couple weeks ago

Alot of talk about skunk. Just so we are all on the same page. Original skunk #1 was a pure landrace hindu kush. So what's been posted makes alot of sense from a certain perspective

These images were sent to me via one of nevils closest friends and colleagues

Will share some mli pics soon

mm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111_100013_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_100013_Gallery.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230109_093235_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109_093235_LinkedIn.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20230109_093153_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109_093153_LinkedIn.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

Piff_cat

Mli is an unselected landrace afghan nev got from dogless Jim Ortega. It falls into nld hashplant category plants from North afghan decended from the xinijiang turkey turkestans. It changed nevs opinion on indicas because of its diversity and some sativa like populations. Dogless was a huge source for nev and his cornbread mafia types had access to great Mexican genetics as well. Ortega 15 was an mli male nev liked which stamped its progeny. Afghan t an mli female nev felt was skunk archetype representing the best qualities found in original hybrid. For this reason he used afghan t to produce first super skunk a pseudo backcross meant to pull out tge stinky genotypes from tge sweet . Afg s was another mli that fell into the sweet types and is used in most of shantis skunk work. Afghan t is the mother of afghan haze its an excellent outcross its nld tendencies keep filial generations from turning into couch lock boring high. Shanti messed everything up when he decided to make a line called Ortega using random nl plants the Ortega 15 male isn't even used in Shanti Ortega line. He just stole the name same as grail

Screenshot_20230126-084729_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-084654_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-084533_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-084906_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-084845_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126-084729_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-084729_Chrome.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 51

GoatCheese

Veteran
Mli is an unselected landrace afghan nev got from dogless Jim Ortega.
Jim Ortega's Maple Leaf and Maple Leaf Indica/MLI from Sensi Seeds are two different things.
MLI from Sensi Seeds is a hybrid with Skunk1 in it.

Notice that Nevil calls Jim Ortega's Maple Leaf ML not MLI

PS.
Personally, i'd call Jim Ortega's ML a hash cultivar ( =man made hybrid) not a true landrace

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Subbed. Thanks for the great data mine on the mli. I picked up 2 packs dirt cheap this fall. Sprouted 7 couple weeks ago

Alot of talk about skunk. Just so we are all on the same page. Original skunk #1 was a pure landrace hindu kush. So what's been posted makes alot of sense from a certain perspective

These images were sent to me via one of nevils closest friends and colleagues

Will share some mli pics soon

mm
Post up some pics please!

Piff_cat

Jim Ortega's Maple Leaf and Maple Leaf Indica/MLI from Sensi Seeds are two different things.
MLI from Sensi Seeds is a hybrid with Skunk1 in it.

Notice that Nevil calls Jim Ortega's Maple Leaf ML not MLI

PS.
Personally, i'd call Jim Ortega's ML a hash cultivar ( =human made hybrid) not a true landrace
so sensi mli is a maple leaf seedbank x skunk 1? nev went on about maple leaf changed his entire perspective on phenotype diversity in indicas aka the other grail. northern afghan morrocco and xinijiang are different from the broadleaf higher cbd charas of pakistan/himalaya. several xinijiang landraces have 0 cbd narrow leaves stretchy and thick main stem/branching. afgT is on that side of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126-232819_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-232819_Chrome.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230126-232814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-232814_Chrome.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230126-232916_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-232916_Chrome.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20230126-233039_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-233039_Chrome.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20230126-232831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-232831_Chrome.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230126-233052_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-233052_Chrome.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20230126-233127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-233127_Chrome.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230126-232908_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-232908_Chrome.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 61

LostTribe

Premium user
so sensi mli is a maple leaf seedbank x skunk 1? nev went on about maple leaf changed his entire perspective on phenotype diversity in indicas aka the other grail. northern afghan morrocco and xinijiang are different from the broadleaf higher cbd charas of pakistan/himalaya. several xinijiang landraces have 0 cbd narrow leaves stretchy and thick main stem/branching. afgT is on that side of it.
Nevil said the seedbank Maple leaf wilson mix was different from sensi MLI. The Seedbank MLWM was where the AfgS, AfgT and Ortega were from and used to create the SS MLI.

Maple Leaf Wilson is the original source of this pre soviet afghan. Those seeds were given to Nevil by Jim Ortega. The original Seedbank was selling it as Maple Leaf mix or ML wilson mix, not ML Indica. I have seen pics of the original listings. MLI was the favorite variety of my mentor. One day I will get around to looking back at this line. I liked the relaxing effects it was always very pleasant and anti anxiety.

Last edited:

revegeta666

Results came back from the laboratory today. I sent some CBD plant samples to make sure they were low in THC, and I thought why not test my maple leaf keeper as well?

I talked about this plant a few times in the forum. It is a NLD maple leaf, the only one in 2 packs. So not really representative of the strain I guess, but this is my favourite indica keeper and the day I lose it will be a sad one.
IMG_20230309_194207.jpg

I had this plant for 4 years and almost every grow I have a clone of her. Almost always the first jar to empty. I really love it. It has the most relaxing effect I have found in an Afghan plant. Not narcotic but rather truly relaxing both physically and mentally.

Well I have to say I was quite surprised seeing the results haha
IMG_20230309_194639.jpg

Before you ask, yes it gets you high, if I smoke it everyday there's a tolerance buildup of course, but it does pack a punch and sends me to bed in the arms of Morpheus. Go figure, I always was sure that high THC levels don't mean much but this is all the proof I ever needed. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
I am not surprised by this result. Each marijuana giving a pleasant effect has an average THC level (imo max 15% thc) . The cannabis with a high content of THC does a break in the head and is unpleasant.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Results came back from the laboratory today. I sent some CBD plant samples to make sure they were low in THC, and I thought why not test my maple leaf keeper as well?

I talked about this plant a few times in the forum. It is a NLD maple leaf, the only one in 2 packs. So not really representative of the strain I guess, but this is my favourite indica keeper and the day I lose it will be a sad one.

I had this plant for 4 years and almost every grow I have a clone of her. Almost always the first jar to empty. I really love it. It has the most relaxing effect I have found in an Afghan plant. Not narcotic but rather truly relaxing both physically and mentally.

Well I have to say I was quite surprised seeing the results haha

Before you ask, yes it gets you high, if I smoke it everyday there's a tolerance buildup of course, but it does pack a punch and sends me to bed in the arms of Morpheus. Go figure, I always was sure that high THC levels don't mean much but this is all the proof I ever needed. Thoughts?

revegeta666

Nice.

Looks like you are a cbg lover. Usually a crowd pleaser.

mm
Interesting you should say that, because I was quite surprised to see a significant amount of CBG in this plant. For a while I have been noticing that many of the strains I enjoy growing do contain cbg. But those are mostly sativa. Some of them are from ace seeds and they list their test results on their page so that's how I started noticing.

I feel like this plant's effect is special, it is very blissful and makes me take a deep breath and relax almost every time I smoke it. Do you think this could be because of the cbg? I am not very up to date on cannabinoid stuff. Could you please elaborate?

RobFromTX

Interesting you should say that, because I was quite surprised to see a significant amount of CBG in this plant. For a while I have been noticing that many of the strains I enjoy growing do contain cbg. But those are mostly sativa. Some of them are from ace seeds and they list their test results on their page so that's how I started noticing.

I feel like this plant's effect is special, it is very blissful and makes me take a deep breath and relax almost every time I smoke it. Do you think this could be because of the cbg? I am not very up to date on cannabinoid stuff. Could you please elaborate?
Have you grown out the MLI recently? Ive been eyeing this strain for a while but i read such mixed reviews about sensi, how theyre not what they use to be. But it sounds like a stellar indica from the old journals ive read

Latest posts

Latest posts