What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

MrBungle

Patriots vs The Eagles.... If that's not an All American sounding Superbowl, I don't know what is...

I sure didn't pick em right this year.... Oh well there is always next year.... womp womp womp

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a weekend of games!
respect to the jagsD
those boys showed up to play
even with the loss, jax put its name on the map with that game and i cant wait to see what they do in the offseason
/maybe a new QB or big play receiver, add to that D?
either way they played one hell of a game
and what needs to be said about NE?
belichick has to be one of the greatest leaders of all time!
even after losing one of their best players on offence (gronk) they still ere able to mount a great comeback

i was kind of let down by min and their lack of production on offence
sure the D could have played up but still, i think it could have been a better game if they were able to move the ball better
/this sets up an interesting question for vikings fans: which of the three QB's should you keep (i see them keeping two and dealing the third)

dident you call this match up way back, baba?
/eagles v NE
way to go baba, i didetn think f wrapping the bottles so they dont make noise
those pint bottles arent what they used to be and the only problem i see is why are you messing with the small bottles, brother
those heavy winter coats should be able to hide a handle? no

Space Toker

Veteran
stewart169 what was up with the deleted posts,... why? something I would have done if remembering I made a bad post, and sh..h420 apologizing for being drunk and making a bad post something I wish I did if making a bad post. And now think I made more recent posts but still stuck catching up in the past. lucky for me the past wasn't great but it was better than it had to be and maybe that means I still have a chance. My problem is alcohol and med and maybe mind issues, but my bro knows some guy with speculated but likely serious hard drug issues who just lost his job and they tried to help supposedly so feel for the guy, but owes my bro money which he has always paid eventually and is on vet disability, met once seemed crazy but maybe me too so no offense, I really feel for and pray for the guy and hopes he gets help as maybe I need to get help too on many counts. What was the thread about? oh yeah NFL ok then Go Patriots and forgive me! But yeah it sounds like and looked like I remembered or was reminded about long since forgotten memories, the commentators reminded me of classless ways of the PA people, if not forgive me as I remember exactly one person that was a scum and one that was a gem so can't judge a state on that. But those fans from what the media reminding me of are classless haters and hopefully that will backfire on them like it did on most haters. Go Patiots!!

Space Toker

Veteran
Patriots vs The Eagles.... If that's not an All American sounding Superbowl, I don't know what is...

I sure didn't pick em right this year.... Oh well there is always next year.... womp womp womp

oh fuck! yes you are so right but that means a lot of people that are really unplatable for most politically socially or otherwise may find a jolt in their jockstrap pun fully intended?! I am not particularly "patriotic" if you paid real attention to me through the years which I think only maybe one or 2 did but, I think if this country (US) is what it professes to be, "Indians" should never have been oppressed when peaceful or given diseased blankets intentionally, or fought many wars almost solely for the benefit of the rich, which should be impaled by the way! :) This country and any formerly or present imperialist one has a lot to answer for as do certain voters that voted mindlessly, oh this that and the other I could go on forever... but point is the quoted poster brought up a lot of truth and huge contradictory feelings in us all! But no doubt the Patriots are awesome but like that guy I mention may die from our vices in 3 years or less, I hope we can prevail in personal and sports and bigger battles! Go Patriots and all good people or those who strive hard to be!

iTarzan

Mr. Bungle makes a cool comment and Space Toker goes political in the football thread. WTF! Voted mindlessly? Which side? LOL!

This stuff is evidently never going to end.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
and i cant wait to see what they do in the offseason
/maybe a new QB or big play receiver, add to that D?

dident you call this match up way back, baba?
/eagles v NE
way to go baba, i didetn think f wrapping the bottles so they dont make noise
those pint bottles arent what they used to be and the only problem i see is why are you messing with the small bottles, brother
those heavy winter coats should be able to hide a handle? no

I dont remember calling a Patriots/Eagles superbowl, but they were the #1 seeds in the playoffs, so not totally unexpected...
I think the Jags are set at receiver, they have ARob coming back next year, dede westbrook and keelan cole were good as rookes this year. I guess they just have to hope that bortles continues to improve.
I can fit a 1.75liter bottle in my winter coat inside pocket, it's a little more visible bulge with the length of the bottle, but it's doable for sure.
Got a dominos pizza for the games on sunday, dropped it on the floor soon as i walked inside. Ugh. I know they have carryout insurance if you drop your pizza, didnt feel like going back to get a new one. Just ate it all angry and upset. There's no eating like angry eating...

nah, no finger gate... He is just having a 6th finger sewn on for the new ring.

We're depending on nick foles and the eagles to prevent brady/belichick from another 3 championships in 4 years (a repeat of their 2001-2004 run). Ugh. Just... ugh.

stewart169 what was up with the deleted posts,... why? something I would have done if remembering I made a bad post, and sh..h420 apologizing for being drunk and making a bad post something I wish I did if making a bad post. And now think I made more recent posts but still stuck catching up in the past. lucky for me the past wasn't great but it was better than it had to be and maybe that means I still have a chance. My problem is alcohol and med and maybe mind issues, but my bro knows some guy with speculated but likely serious hard drug issues who just lost his job and they tried to help supposedly so feel for the guy, but owes my bro money which he has always paid eventually and is on vet disability, met once seemed crazy but maybe me too so no offense, I really feel for and pray for the guy and hopes he gets help as maybe I need to get help too on many counts. What was the thread about? oh yeah NFL ok then Go Patriots and forgive me!

Sounds like real life is getting in the way of your football enjoyment, Toker. I'll be sending some good thoughts your way...
But not for the patriots. No offense, but fuck those guys. Seriously. Sick and tired of them...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"There's no eating like angry eating..."
/this had me rolling wiht laughter
thats some game day shit right there, brother!

my bad, baba, maybe it was someone else i was thinking of
while not the match up i was hoping for, im hoping the eagles D can at least make this one a good game for four quarters
that must be one hell of a winter jacket for you to be able to stow away a whole handle sized bottle
/but what the hell do i know about the cold, i live in southern california
way to man up and just keep the pizza after dropping it
a lot of people would b'-out and run back to the store crying for a replacement, but not you
besides who wants to go back to the store when you have free booze
life is too short, way to man up

Americangrower

Veteran
Well I thought it was going to be Eagles vs Pats in week 7. But had questions about if the Eagles could make it once Wentz went down.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i was just angrily shoving the least damaged slices into my mouth, not really getting any enjoyment from the food. Eating should be about pleasure, and sadly that experience was not.

I would have gone back to exchange it for a new pizza, but i wanted to watch the end of the jags/pats game, which was close at the time. Watching the pats come all the way back and take the lead, and the jags do nothing on offense late, just added to my displeasure.

You definitely need a bulky winter jacket to sneak booze in, i guess the current style is very form fitting clothes (skinny jeans, sleek jackets etc) which wouldnt work for my purposes...

I too didnt think the eagles would make it to the superbowl after wentz tore his knee against the rams, but give them credit. They have a deep defensive line and 3 effective running backs, some good receiving talent. Does anyone think they'll actually beat the patriots though? I mean, of course they have a chance, but im thinking it's a 25-30% chance at best...

Pat shurmur, the vikings off coordinator, is the new head coach of the giants. Even after the vikes laid an egg on offense in the NFC championship, Pop, shurmur got another shot to lead a team. I guess we'll see if new york keeps or trades eli or maybe tries to go after one of the vikings qb's, since minnesota cant keep them all. Giants also have the #2 overall pick, they could get rosen or darnold in april's draft as well.

In other coaching news, the titans and mularkey parted ways and tennessee hired mike vrabel, former pats linebacker and current def coordinator for the texans, as their new head coach. I guess the theory being that he'll be better able to develop mariota as a qb, and also improve their defense.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you bring up some interesting scenarios, baba
i think the browns may move down in the draft if the price is right
/i think they will chase one of the more established QB's that become free agents and spend their top pick on other talent
also, dident one of the top prospects at that that position (QB) already say he dosent want to play in cleveland?
/sorry but the chronic has me by the brain right now
i think shumur got a pass because they were rolling with their back up qb
NYG are totally in rebuilding mode so i think any changes can be considered a good move
but its going to be interesting to see what happens to eli and how cleveland/ nyg uses its picks in the draft
yes, my man, food is to be enjoyed!
that sucks that you didnt get to enjoy your pizza but i would hvae done the same thing, bud
sundays are about watching football and good food would just be icing on the cake for me
especially during the playoffs im not trying to go back out and trade in a damaged pizza if that means missing the end to a good game
/aint nobody got time for that
while i agree that philly only has a slight chance of beating the pats in the big game at least they have a solid chance
(30% is a better chance of winning than i would have given most other teams and im just hoping its a good game for four quarters)
so did you heard that mcmahon (that tv wrasslin' guy) is going to reboot the XFL or what ever it was?
while i would love to see a intermediate step for football prospects, i wonder if this is going to do any better than the other attempts we have seen in the past?
/the NCAA is huge and i dont see them giving up what has to be the sweetest money maker for them without a fight
i wouldent mind seeing a farm system for the nfl, but with public oppinion what it is right now, not to mention the cost of fielding a quality football team, i just dont see this working out in the long run

Americangrower

Veteran
I think the XFL will work this time, as long as they stick with the game plan. Which is full contact old school football. Thats all it will take. No more tag football let them kill each other, shit I'd take an azz whooping every week for a few mil.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Josh rosen from ucla said he didnt want to play for the browns. Maybe the browns will swap with the giants at #2, giants get rosen, browns get darnold plus some extra picks (future second rounder, or maybe a couple 3rd rounders, etc).
Keenum had a bad game against the eagles, had a pick returned for a TD and a lost fumble, but otherwise had a great year, probably will finish top 5 in mvp voting. Shurmur did a great job handling the qb situation, one bad game (although a very important one) wasnt enough to ruin his head coaching stock.

I vaguely remember the xfl, and wasnt impressed with the play, wasnt that entertaining for me. One way they could drum up interest (other than appealing to nfl fans sick of players kneeling during the anthem) is that maybe some of the retired players could suit up for them. Terrell owens and chad johnson seem like they could use the money and attention, even jerry rice (at 55 years old) said he could still compete with today's players. Id rather see those guys than all the street free agents and cfl/arena league refugees play.

It might be satisfying to see players get jacked up old school style on the field, but that's a good way to lose your most popular players, especially if they're older. If anything, they could experiment with helmets padded on the outside, to cushion blows more, or even go back to old school leather helmets and pads, so players arent tempted to use them as weapons. Theyll stay upright and wrap them up to tackle instead of lowering their head or shoulders looking for a big hit. Of course, there's still risk of injury from the head hitting the ground, but unless they play on a padded field i dont know how you get around that...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah, the xfl was more of a side show than a showcase of legitimate talent
if i remember right, they had like one or two name players on the roster and a bunch of scrubs filling in the rest of the spots
what i would like to see is a developmental league that prospects can play in hoping to earn a spot on a real major league roster, not some seniors league or smash ball hybrid
i agree with j'fish tho, most likely just a side show to real football and wont really get off the ground

yeah baba, i see the browns getting some good vaule by trading down in the draft
the thing wiht keenum is, i dont see him starting over bradford and bridgewater
i would go so far as to say that sam bradford is their #1 and bridgewater is trying to reestablish himself on the roster after the injury
the reson i would trade keenum is that his vaule is spiked right now
bradford is the one the vikings want to keep so that leaves bridgewater and keenum as trade bait
coming off the injury, i dont see bridgewaters stock being that high right now
but keenum is peaked and could bring in some good value
who knows, maybe the vikings will go into the season with three qbs on the roster, but we saw how the patriots lost some value by waiting to trade garopalow (i thihnk the could have easily gotten thema #2 pick if not a low first rounder if they played their cards right)
cant wait for the big game this weekend
are you going to go out and watch the game or enjoy it from home?
fire up the grill and start sneaking them bottles early, my man!

sdd420

Veteran
yeah, the xfl was more of a side show than a showcase of legitimate talent
if i remember right, they had like one or two name players on the roster and a bunch of scrubs filling in the rest of the spots
what i would like to see is a developmental league that prospects can play in hoping to earn a spot on a real major league roster, not some seniors league or smash ball hybrid
i agree with j'fish tho, most likely just a side show to real football and wont really get off the ground

yeah baba, i see the browns getting some good vaule by trading down in the draft
the thing wiht keenum is, i dont see him starting over bradford and bridgewater
i would go so far as to say that sam bradford is their #1 and bridgewater is trying to reestablish himself on the roster after the injury
the reson i would trade keenum is that his vaule is spiked right now
bradford is the one the vikings want to keep so that leaves bridgewater and keenum as trade bait
coming off the injury, i dont see bridgewaters stock being that high right now
but keenum is peaked and could bring in some good value
who knows, maybe the vikings will go into the season with three qbs on the roster, but we saw how the patriots lost some value by waiting to trade garopalow (i thihnk the could have easily gotten thema #2 pick if not a low first rounder if they played their cards right)
cant wait for the big game this weekend
are you going to go out and watch the game or enjoy it from home?
fire up the grill and start sneaking them bottles early, my man!

Bradford is injury prone and bridgewater will never be the same. They should keep keenum. On another note the niners are going to the playoffs next year and will win the nfc

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"... niners are going to the playoffs next year and will win the nfc" -sdd420
hot teak,my man!
i agree that the 9rs are going to turn it around next year and could win a few games
/plus, the rest of the division is so-so at best and i think nfc west wide open right now

who do you like in the big game?

sdd420

Veteran
"... niners are going to the playoffs next year and will win the nfc" -sdd420
hot teak,my man!
i agree that the 9rs are going to turn it around next year and could win a few games
/plus, the rest of the division is so-so at best and i think nfc west wide open right now

who do you like in the big game?

I’ll root for the eagles but like last year it could backfire. I liked the gruden qb camp with foles it shows he is a gamer and I liked him but he’s no garoppolo

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Garoppolo has never lost a game he's started, i think he's 7-0 going back to his starts for the patriots last year when brady was suspended.
So 16-0 confirmed for the 49ers next year? Or 15-1, if they rest their starters in the last game?
Still, the rams should be good again next year, seahawks are always good, cardinals have a new coach and if they find a decent QB (palmer retired this month) they could be a winning team again. So it wont be easy for the niners to get back on top.

I actually think the vikings might try to go with bridgewater for 2018. He'd be way cheaper to resign than either keenum (who's looking for starter money, 18+million a year) or bradford (no longer under contract but was making 18M a year). That's only if theyre pretty confident he can be an effective player off of that terrible knee dislocation.
He only attempted 2 passes this season, for an incompletion and a pick, but supposedly he looked good in practice, so there's hope for him.

Im in the midwest, not socal, so dont think im going to fire up the grill for the big game. Plenty of people do though, especially while tailgating, but ill probably just order a pizza, maybe wings (getting tired of pizza, especially when it's dropped). Lately, booze has been giving me a headache once the buzz wears off, dont know why that is, maybe it's a sign i need to lay off the sauce. Or stop stealing it from my family.

Im trying to talk myself into foles beating the patriots. He played great against minnesota, who probably had the best D in the league, actually had a better QB rating that game than wentz had in any of his starts this year, and wentz was the top mvp candidate before he went down.
And the patriots D isnt elite, although theyve played way better after a terrible first month. They give up almost 5yds per rush, which is bottom 5 in the league, and the eagles do a great job rotating between 3 pretty talented backs (blount, ajayi, clement). Stephen gilmore at CB is playing well again, but malcolm butler is having a down year.
Foles isnt consistently great, but he's probably better than bortles, so if it comes down to a close game, foles might be able to make more plays in the 4th quarter.
Still, it's brady vs foles. The patriots have the edge at QB, any way you look at it. Hard to go against them...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
/foles beating brady
that would be an interesting conversation for sure and i would like to listen in
but breaking things down, i see a better coached team, a better qb and a history of winning big games
on the other side you have a great D and the backup QB
while i would like to see the pats lose this one the philly, i just see the deck way stacked against them
/but who knows, this is football and the pats have been beaten this year
either way, i would like it to be a good four quarters of football and the game to come down to the last drive
thats a mighty big if about bridgewaters knee
im sure if he was the same as before they would have him their #1 for sure, but liek you said, hes only seen a couple snaps
maybe they will work him out later in the offseason and see where hes at, but i would not be willing to risk next season on him just yet
its going to be interesting to see who min rolls wiht next year
turns out we are going to be making flaming hot cheetos hot wings in addition to the regular spread
the girl (daughter, not the wife) dosent handle wheat products and came up with this idea, so im going to dust up some wings with the cheeto powder in addition to the regular wings i make
its gonna be on this sunday for sure
pizza or wings sound great to me, baba
that sucks that you get headaches after drinking
it never hurts to take a break from these things
if the booze isnt sitting right with you, then maybe try cut back and see how thing go
/the mrs hasnt had a drink this year and she is doing really great
its almost like she dosent even miss it now, plus she still smokes so its not like she isnt getting her buzz on
one day im going to lay off the stuff myself,maybe...
one day

Americangrower

Veteran
USFL will flop just like it did before- I Predict!

I actually think if XFL follows the same path as USFL did it will succeed. My feelings are that people miss the headbanging physical action since NFL doesn't let them do it any more.
Theres plenty of young talent out there. Like 95% of college football players don't make it to the NFL.
People watch college football so they will watch XFL with these guys as well.
Just my 2 cents