What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My autoflowers are flowering stupid

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I have 4 autoflowers going, 2 Krippleberry and 2 Bubba Yum. All under 2 Viparspectra 300s. 1 of the krippleberry seems to be flowering perfectly, tons of pistils, I'm seeing trichomes on the surrounding fan leaves, it's beautiful. The other 3 plants are all semi flowering. They have been putting out pistils for almost 4 weeks now but they are still grow, grow, growing. The budding krippleberry stopped all vertical growth about a week and a half ago and has just been focused on the buds, the other 3 plants are almost touching my lights. Viparspectra recommends 15 inches during flowering. What can I do? Should I even do anything? I feel like my best course of action to get a full harvest would be to move the 2 tallest plants out of the tent and maybe outside. Oh I'm using the Canna Coco nutrients, which just has A&B, no flowering mix. I have been feeding them some PK13/14 to try and help with the flowering. Oh I have a photo from 3 days ago. The 2 plants on the left grew something like 4 or 5 inches in those 3 days! They are now above the hanging hygrometer and almost touching my lights.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I would just wait it out. Some auto's can get rather large, which ime, leads to a longer flower period. I would move the two largest plant to the outside edge and put the smaller plants on the inside.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I would just wait it out. Some auto's can get rather large, which ime, leads to a longer flower period. I would move the two largest plant to the outside edge and put the smaller plants on the inside.

That's easy, I can do that right now in fact, thanks for a hella fast response.:dance013:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Just don't move the ones you set outside, bringing them back in.....they bring in gnarly bugs and you'll have an indoor infestation. Been there, done that....no more!

Good luck!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Damn that actually won't work. I just realized the light on the right is a good 3 inches lower than the left one because of the outake, so the taller plant would be blocking even more of that light. I think I'm going to have to put one of these outside and let it fend for itself while the other 3 finish in the tent. Also on the plant I did move, the branches that were leaning on the tent itself had no backbone, they were flimsy and bent like a mofo. I've been supplementing calimagic every feed, so that kind of surprised me.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just don't move the ones you set outside, bringing them back in.....they bring in gnarly bugs and you'll have an indoor infestation. Been there, done that....no more!

Good luck!

Thanks for that! I might have to move 1 outside and I was gonna bring it back in every night, but what you say makes a lot of sense.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Viparspectra recommends 15 inches during flowering. What can I do? Should I even do anything?Gently LST (low stress train) your cola bending....just a little at a time so you don't snap the cola branch. Yeah, Dr. Krippling gear, our experience, has been is bit unstable...or like you mentioned...semi-autos.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Viparspectra recommends 15 inches during flowering. What can I do? Should I even do anything?Gently LST (low stress train) your cola bending....just a little at a time so you don't snap the cola branch. Yeah, Dr. Krippling gear, our experience, has been is bit unstable...or like you mentioned...semi-autos.
I wish I had started LST while they were still small :( I had no idea they would get this big. I don't really have any place to bend them too now. The entire tent is leaves leaves and more leaves. Also would changing the lighting at all help these flower if they are semiauto and not real autos? I'm at 18/6 right now, should I drop to 14/10 or something? I thought that would just hurt the yields of the plant that did autoflower.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With semi auto, 14/10 works. Can't say for sure....only tried a few of Dr. K's autos to compare to ours....so give it a whirl.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
With semi auto, 14/10 works. Can't say for sure....only tried a few of Dr. K's autos to compare to ours....so give it a whirl.

Is all a learning experience so at worst I will learn more for next time. Thanks for all the information man, you seem to be the autoflower guru. I was looking and it seems like seedsbay is the best place to get your afterthought autos? The prices seem incredible.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Anybody following along I decided to drop them to 14/10 and leave all the plants in the tent for the time being. Totally worried if I put it outside them weak ass branches are gonna just snap. I had to finagle my exhaust system and raise the lights so they are attached directly to the support pole, no more ratchets. Fingers crossed that will help and these jerks will stop growing and start budding.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If taking them outside wrap twine around periphery to keep branches from flopping around. El Sol will be the one dictating when plants bud....slowly increase flowering nutes with water in-between. They should perform well....that's the intent anyway. Find a spot with maximum sun, deflect wind.

Good luck!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If taking them outside wrap twine around periphery to keep branches from flopping around. El Sol will be the one dictating when plants bud....slowly increase flowering nutes with water in-between. They should perform well....that's the intent anyway. Find a spot with maximum sun, deflect wind.

Good luck!

I will definitely tie them up if they go outside, I had mad troubles just getting it rearranged in the tent, I'd have zero chance getting them outside and downstairs intact otherwise. So for the flowering nutes, I don't have any. I've been using Canna Coco A&B which is 1 line for the entire grow. It seems weird to me since the plants need more N during veg and more P during bud, if I'm remembering correctly. How does the Canna provide the extra P? The whole grow I've been running the Canna Coco A&B and Calimagic, for the past 3 weeks I've used Canna Boost, and I've been supplementing with PK13/14 but only for like 4 days now. Does it have something to do with the way coco buffers cations?

Last edited:

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
its not quite a PK 13/14 more like an NPK of 3/3/8. used it along with my A&B and any other additives i use 3 weeks from the end before final 10 to 14 day flush, i think it does a better job fattening em up at the end, some people use it at beggining of flower.
epsom solution diluted helps, too.
arid tol me this as i'm in soil now and always hit them with a dose of pk 13/14 for a week worth of watering when the buds are about the size of a marble

Last edited:

Ive never heard anything good about dr krippling. Their incredible bulk makes me laugh so hard everytime i see the listing... massive yields of bunk lol. Like kong... just no...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Ive never heard anything good about dr krippling. Their incredible bulk makes me laugh so hard everytime i see the listing... massive yields of bunk lol. Like kong... just no...
That's probably on me for not researching the seeds enough. I was just looking for an autoflower starter pack, and that seemed to fit the bill. Live and learn I suppose.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
its not quite a PK 13/14 more like an NPK of 3/3/8. used it along with my A&B and any other additives i use 3 weeks from the end before final 10 to 14 day flush, i think it does a better job fattening em up at the end, some people use it at beggining of flower.
epsom solution diluted helps, too.
arid tol me this as i'm in soil now and always hit them with a dose of pk 13/14 for a week worth of watering when the buds are about the size of a marble
I'm not sure I understand on the PK13/14 being NPK 3/3/8. I am using the canna PK13/14 which on the label says it is 0-10-11. Are you saying that the combination of the PK and the Canna base ends up being 3/3/8?

That's probably on me for not researching the seeds enough. I was just looking for an autoflower starter pack, and that seemed to fit the bill. Live and learn I suppose.

Lesson learned. Now you know look into beans before buying its the difference between insane quality and trash. Two listings can totally look amazing but one can be 100% fake and when you buy it it turns to trash, where as the other lives up to its add... i always look into what i buy right down to what makes it up, generic history will tell you lots

Latest posts

Latest posts