What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew questions?

jidoka

ignorance is excuseable...refusing to learn is stupid. oxidation of living cells, regardless of how = cell death. basic biology. it is what will eventually kill you...the disease it takes may vary, the root cause does not

raven44

U don't understand in the slightest.

The concentrations of ozone are controlled. U make it as Strong as u would like. Or as weak as u would like. Granted, if the ozone concentrations are TOO HIGH then u r right. It will damage plants then. However, that will NEVER happen becuase u won't ever make the ozone concentration that high...

The concentrations of ozone DO NOT HARM THE PLANT. DO NOT CAUSE CELL DEATH.

End of story. No room for discussion. Quit spreading misinformation. I'm know what I'm talking about here. U do not.

How do I know? I UNDERSTAND IT
Plus I use it on my plants all the time. Just like commercial grape growers do. And some knowledgeable cannabis growers.. ive witnessed this first hand. And I can tell u that your wrong. U r depriving urself of great info.

ur ignorance is very apparent. Your the one refusing to learn. I'm well educated on the subject.

U have literally zero valid points.

U will see, ozone will be widely used in gardening soon.

It's used on people too for medical applications. It's not as dangerous as your trying to say it is. We haven't been told about ozone because it's so amazing. It's been repressed like colloidal silver was. Look it up.

Clearly u r simply uneducated and not open minded. A quick Google search will prove my point.

I've heard this all before from.other close minded know it alls. Trust me. Open minded smart people however always take note.

What u seem to know, is obviously incorrect.

The ozone will not cause oxidation of plant cells. It will only oxidise single called organism at the concentrations used. As I said before "unicellular" organisms.

It seems u can't comprehend this concept

Last edited:

zizration

so i did the milk thing last nite. upon inspection today i feel like it helped. it sort of dissolves out the pm. I'm not seeing any damage of any kind. doesn't smell great. i will have to do some scrubbing today. i am ordering one of those aqua 6 today. i have tried everything, it's worth the gamble to me..

raven44

Awesome!

Now u too can witness the power u will not regret it bro promise u best decision u could have made. Trust me

Only think u will.regret is having sprayed em w milk lol. The ozone water will help wash away the milk residues imo

Keep us posted please!

I bet you that pm will not progress much if at all past the point of the aqua6 showing up :)

How long until harvest?

raven44

There is no way that machine will not pay for itself

To use it, I have a fan in my bathroom pulling air outside. Turn the fan on, then turn the machine on. Don't turn the fan off until the ozone smell has gone away about 15min after u ran the machine.

U don't wanna breath the ozone.

I'm assuming u have done some research and feel comfortable with ur purchase tho already just making sure :)

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Ziz,

Read this study and smile.

http://www.agrar.de/agenda/bettiol.htm

"Milk applied twice a week at concentrations of 10% and higher controlled powdery mildew on zucchini squash at least as effectively as conventional fungicides (Table 1). Several concentrations of milk were more effective than the fungicides fenarimol and benomyl. When the applications were done once a week, milk concentrations of 20% and 50% were required to achieve the same level of disease control as fungicides in the fourth and fifth experiments, respectively (Table 2). Mold grew on the adaxial side of leaves treated with milk at concentrations of 30% and higher, but plants did not appear to be injured."

Guess if that ozone does get him close to harvest he can just get a rusty old nail and jab it right through the stem to increase resin.
oh dont forget to feed the plants a battery acid flush while your at it.

DocTim420

Do u really wanna smoke milk?? Gross... I don't even drink the stuff lol...

Coconut milk for me...

Raven, I think your speculations are not based on any fact or personal experience--rather they are just that, your opinion (which I respect, but unfortunately the facts do not support you). Ever spray diluted milk on your buds? Then have the collective test the buds treated with and without milk? Ever spray milk on plants (as foliar nutrition) that were weak from a Root Aphid infestation? I have and each time the results surpassed all expectations.

Milk is 85% water, (that is before it is further diluted to 50/50) and the remaining 15% are things that are proven to be both nutritious and work as an effective fungicide (especially unpasteurized milk).

Finally, the nutrients in milk are absorbed by the plant (leaving little to no residue) and if the notion of smoking buds sprayed with milk offends you, then give the plant a mist/shower when you harvest it (but it is not necessary).

BTW, what is your remedy to treat PM late in flower (weeks before harvest). Is the effective rate greater than 95%? What impact does it have on the appearance and quality of the finished product?

Just saying, I tried it, it works...and more than happy to pass along tricks I learned.

raven44

Ur points are great ones, I respect that doctim420

My remedy I'd ozone. U can treat as late as u want in flower. Even the day of harvest...

It's very effective. I dunno about percentage wise but it's Def high. I have never thought about using anything else. Always works a charm

I have no.reason to belive it impacts quality or appearance in any way shape of form ime and in my research.

I've used it on many crops.

Im.excited that ziz is gonna be able to give his opinion on it here himself.

User fingerblades... lmao... Ozone is all natural man. It's just the same stuff the ozone layer is made of. Battery acid??

It's the most gentle non intrusive way to treat plants for pm hands down. It is not a chemical lol....

It's kinda like rain water in a sense... not really tho

DocTim420

Raven,

Not suggesting ozone water is not effective, just that overtime after one buys this, that, and the "I gotta get that", you end up accumulating a lot shit in one's lifetime...lol.

I subscribe to the theory that PM spores are everywhere (they don't congretate exclusively in just grow rooms with bad air circulation or hover in gardens with bad gardeners) rather, certain plants (genetics, poor health, etc) are more susceptible/prone to PM than others (zucchini family plants for example).

That said, on the rare occasions the "PM Witch" rides her broom across my garden, I seek remedies that work and "do no harm" to my crop. If all else fails, I know early use of myclobutanil (Eagle 20) will succeed where other fungicides fail--but then I stumbled on the Milk + Serenade combination. Wow, it worked fabulous in veg and early flower...nearly 99% success. Then I tried using just milk on some plants late in flower and days after treatment I noticed all the buds look more vibrant, alive, as if they had a vitamin B1 shot.

If I had consistent battles with PM I probably would be in your camp with ozone water, but (knocks on wood) since the PM Witch has not visited my garden in years....I am able to focus exclusively on plant health and ways to kick it up a notch or three.

Skim milk has less fat (cheaper too) than "regular" milk, so that is what I use when foliar spraying--unpasteurized skim milk (aka raw skim milk).

A question comes to mind is what effect does ozone water have on the plant's trichomes. Does it improve or degrade the development? Plant stress can increase trichome production...while certain types of stress diminishes production.

Hard to say...but glad you found a remedy/treatment that works for you without going "nuclear".

Last edited:

raven44

I hear u, I started growing in a tent. 4x4 tent with four plants in there... few grows I had pm problems...

Now I do not grow in a tent and I do not have pm issues barely at all. I've cut way back on the use of my ozone machine for my plants.

I'm a very new grower, so actually I have only ever bought one thing for pm. Well Two... I use neem in veg and then only use ozone in flower.

I don't feel I will ever need to buy another pm product and the ozone machine makes gallons upon gallons of ozone water. Keeps on paying for itself

I have no inclinations as to weather or not the thricromes are affected negativety or positively. I guess the ozone has zero effect on the trichs.

Ozone won't kill thrips for example, but it will kill thrip eggs and seriously irritate the bugs lungs to the point where they don't like their new little home.

For pm its a cure, for thrips it will cut down numbers to near none but won't kill.them away.. so I do not think.it is aggressive enough to harm plants or trichs. It's only aggressive enough at the concentrations used to kill single called organisms. Not multi called organisms

I am just so thankful that someone old and wise told me about ozone and how to use it on plants as a fungicide.

It's kinda hard to get ur online research to coincide, simply cause it's so new to the plant industry

Last edited:
Got 2 new plants 16 days, see whitish marks on leaves, hoping it's not PM...

Gonna wipe plants down tonight and spray with 1/9 milk and water solution!
Only 2 nodes of real leaves, so hopefully can contain.

p.s not sure it's PM but prevention better than cure!

See pictures on Toking Tokoloshe's Combi grow Dinafem Blue Widow
Check last batch of pictures..

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Something I have just recently learnt...

I grow in coco/perlite..
I used to mix in bulk, 50kg's at a time and store..
I found my mixture stayed moist for months and as I stored them in plastic bins this tended to promote PM.

I now hydrate just enough coco for the next round of hempy's and then let it dry out completely before adding perlite and then feeding once plants have been re-potted

I've had the same issue with coco in smartpots, PM grows on the side of the pot. Fixed it by having fans blowing around base of the pots. A little breeze down there really helps with prevention.

G

I find this topic interesting and was curious if anyone had tried the "clean light" type product? Found a couple cheap ways to make your own to use safely.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Trying the ozone. I already have an ozone machine, bought cheap off of ebay, under $20. I didn't know until now, people drink ozonated water. The device has a hose which has an aquarium-style bubbling rock at the end.

Bubbled ozone in a gallon of water for 30 minutes, then sprayed it on the plants. I'll update if anything happens

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Ozone water seems to work! This is the machine i use:

Multi-Functional Portable Ozone Generator Ozonator Sterilizer Air Purifier NEW $20.39

s-l500.jpg

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
i bubbled a gallon of water with ozone for about 30 minutes. Added a splash of leftover 29% H2O2.

I think the key is to aggressively blast the living daylights out of any pm you see with a decent spray bottle, and to carefully inspect your plant. Squirt the plant until you can't see any spores.

Will update