What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guatemala sativa

Bump

Any journals especially since they're still giving freebies? I know some of you probably got them too. I got 12 Guatemala freebies.

J

Justace

Hi mate. I am New at sativas and only 6-7 weeks into flower outdoors down here.3 out of 3 sprouted(like all my other ace seeds) for me with 2 males and a female.

Not a consistent garderner but I would say mine all havr good vigour and potentially huge Christmas tree's. Mine seem to like medium to low nutrients instead of low like I built my soil for them, it yellowed out brlow early flower and have since fallen off.

Smells of the stem were like citronella, the buds smell like mango :)
I dont like posting but ace staff was so nice and I appreciate how alot of people have shared but my Computer is down for veg pics and only have shitty phone for present plus its night out...

Attachments

• DSC_0414.jpg
    DSC_0414.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0417.jpg
    DSC_0417.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0413.jpg
    DSC_0413.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 26
The plants are still alive and they keep on flowering. The 250w light was changed to "300" watt chinese LED panel and a 2x55w PL-L. Soon after this the plants started swelling, they're still really strange looking and we're having difficulties telling if the plants are ripe or not. The brown/red haired plant has 99% brown pistils and the pink haired phenotype looks about 75% done, haven't spotted any amber trichomes in either plant so I'm guessing they will never go amber.

http://i.imgur.com/zp7wlOg.jpgView Image http://i.imgur.com/0Vcl6YC.jpgView Image http://i.imgur.com/HCbnTrW.jpgView Image
http://i.imgur.com/gFFFmSa.jpgView Image

beautiful flowers!!

walkabout

Yesum,

You can still get this strain directly from ace's site...better yet if you spend 50 eur you can get whatever else you'd like and they send you 5 Guatemala standards for free! I freaking love aces freebies haha

Justace thanks for posting. Those top colas look very nice.

Psyphish thats what i wanted to hear from you guys that grew Guatemala. i.e. that it needed a long cure. I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Levitationofme

Probably nutrient-wise, but IME they were not airy and popcorny at all with LED + Fluorescent.

Interesting, I can easily add a couple more t-5 to my setup.

What is the difference that they make IYO.
Some people have told me
it's overkill, some say its great. I generally go for a little overkill
until I learn better
:dance013:

psyphish

Veteran
Interesting, I can easily add a couple more t-5 to my setup.

What is the difference that they make IYO.
Some people have told me
it's overkill, some say its great. I generally go for a little overkill
until I learn better
:dance013:

I don't personally use LED nor fluorescent (anymore), I just happened to have them laying around so I gave them to my friend so he could get started with growing, he did well considering it was his first grow and the plants were exotic sativas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate. I am New at sativas and only 6-7 weeks into flower outdoors down here.3 out of 3 sprouted(like all my other ace seeds) for me with 2 males and a female.

Not a consistent garderner but I would say mine all havr good vigour and potentially huge Christmas tree's. Mine seem to like medium to low nutrients instead of low like I built my soil for them, it yellowed out brlow early flower and have since fallen off.

Smells of the stem were like citronella, the buds smell like mango :)
I dont like posting but ace staff was so nice and I appreciate how alot of people have shared but my Computer is down for veg pics and only have shitty phone for present plus its night out...

Hi Justace,

I appreciate a lot you are willing to share pics of your Guatemala female, we need more inputs about this american sativa line! Thanks :)

Hi Justace,

I appreciate a lot you are willing to share pics of your Guatemala female, we need more inputs about this american sativa line! Thanks :)

Hi Dubi

I've seen that in the description for the Guatemala it says that it has a low Hermie tendency. Out of a ten pack how many will have that trait. I haven't seen anyone mention a Hermie in Guatemala. I'm sure it's not a serious Hermie issue but is there some things that I should avoid like LST in order to avoid hermies.? What's the dealio?

Have a great day
Thanks

jesbuds

Harvested a Guat a few months ago, 'sativa' looking buds in that they are more airy/longer but they did still have decent density. Earthy/woody pheno, nice relaxing, chill high and nice plant overall.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this strain very psychedelic like makes colors seem brighter? Am looking for sativas with that effect.

I think running a low wattage light would be the same as a high wattage light for sativas. The higher wattage you have to keep it several feet above the plant. My 100 watt white LED I can put it within a few inches of the plant. Seems it all balances out is what I am saying.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi

I've seen that in the description for the Guatemala it says that it has a low Hermie tendency. Out of a ten pack how many will have that trait. I haven't seen anyone mention a Hermie in Guatemala. I'm sure it's not a serious Hermie issue but is there some things that I should avoid like LST in order to avoid hermies.? What's the dealio?

Have a great day
Thanks

Hi,

You will need to grow a few dozens to find an hermie in the guatemala line, very rarely you will find one in a pack. Just provide them good stable environmental conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Harvested a Guat a few months ago, 'sativa' looking buds in that they are more airy/longer but they did still have decent density. Earthy/woody pheno, nice relaxing, chill high and nice plant overall.

Thanks jesbuds :) I'm glad you have enjoyed your Guatemala!