What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi,
Thanks for answer and help!

These pictures were taken at 12/12 + 28 ;)
They are right now at 12/12 + 63

For sure, I haven't been much serious with my plants lately!
Soil is basic plagron light mix, plants have been repotted once in 3.5L a little before switching to 12/12.
I used plagron alga-grow + BN-Zym (+ liquid ocean & xtra roots some times) for growth and stretch
I am currently using metrop MR2. I added massive bloom (50-33) once but not sure it was a good idea, so I stopped.
Finally, I also used delta9 every 10 days (alternating leaves & soil).

But I don't adjust pH, this may be a great part of the explanation! Tap water is at 7.3, but maybe in a 3.5L pot it would have been a better idea, even using enzymes ?
Today, I watered them at pH 6.1. I'll watch if it gets better.

Temperature in the room may also be an issue as I really have problems to lower it less then 29. It is usually between 30 & 32. Difficult to do better with sun and heat coming back !

Pictures coming soon !
Thanks for helping Dubi !

See you guys,

KP

PS: good news is that with all this stress, I can't see any male flowers :D

Hi kaloupilé,

PH must be in the correct range (6.5-6.8 for soil), then your plants can take most of your fertilizers. Plagron is a good organic brand, i havent tried their soils in years but they bloom fertilizer is good, delta 9 is the best flowering stimulator i know of, use it but dont abuse with this kind of landrace genetics.

Forward to see the progresses, im glad you are finding desirable aromas and well structured plants. Best wishes! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all!! I have some beans of Ethiopian Highland x Zamal to try next season. Hope they give me some clear and powerful high with the pure lemon scent from zamal.:wave:

Wish you find what you are looking for in your zamal crosses!

How was the contribution of the zamal dad to the herer cross ?
Is it the same zamal male for the new ethiopian hybrid ?

It's very hard to find a good non hermie zamal male for breeding!

Thanks for share your projects and experiences blan k flor :)

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Hola amigo! Zamal daddy came from elsocio and all the crosses (with Reina Madre, Ethiopian, J Herer, etc.) that i grew showed high stability and no hermie traits. Zamal made them flower for longer time for sure... but gave a beautiful lemony smell and flavor and an upper high. Saludos maestro:tiphat:!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sounds great blan k flor :)

To find a good non hermie zamal male was a mission failed for me few years ago, im glad you found a desirable male that is producing great hybrids without hermie problems :yes:
I'd love to see the mle pollinating a good Zamaldelica or even better the Gerrit's zamal clone from gypsy' zamal line.

I still have elsocio's ethiopian in the fridge, i think i should give them a try before they are too old. Thanks for sharing and good vibes :)

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran

To find a good non hermie zamal male was a mission failed for me few years ago, im glad you found a desirable male that is producing great hybrids without hermie problems :yes:
I'd love to see the mle pollinating a good Zamaldelica or even better the Gerrit's zamal clone from gypsy' zamal line.

I still have elsocio's ethiopian in the fridge, i think i should give them a try before they are too old. Thanks for sharing and good vibes :)

Yes you should run/cross the ethiopians! You must spread reputation around before pimping Dubi again.:biggrin:

Terpene

Veteran
Zamal leaning pheno is slower, but steadily truckin.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rafe

First time

First time

This is my first time with the Z. It looks like it is mostly sativa. Should I expect it to take a long time to flower?

Terpene

Veteran
Please ignore the terribleness of the spider mite damage on the thai pheno, my friend who is running this pheno decided to take on some clones from another friend and has since learned the value of growing from seed.... :comfort:

We smoked a lower branch of the thai pheno: Even massively early buds yield a high that can only be described as "OMG I am suddenly very alert." Instantly up, clear and expansive like you would expect with a thai but way more paralyzing, deer-in-headlights haze clarity.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Again, I know it looks terrible, but I have treated it and things seem to be doing well again.

S

scai

Need to take this one on closer examination, cause I'm getting free seeds with my order.
Don't know anything about Zamaldelica yet ;)
By the way, it's ever so nice to get free seeds with your order, it always makes you feel so good, thinking you got good value ...
:thank you:

Ethiopia

Ethiopia

I am very interested in seeing how those ethiopians would grow!!! Please grow them and preserve the genetics if possible! :thank you:

rafe

I usually just grow females because of space limits and I use my grows for medicine. I will fertilize my female if I get a nice male. I will share the beans with my friends or anyone that really wants them. Everyone have a great summer and stay under the radar.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Please ignore the terribleness of the spider mite damage on the Golden Tigerish pheno, my friend who is running this pheno decided to take on some clones from another friend and has since learned the value of growing from seed.... :comfort:

We smoked a lower branch of the Golden Tiger pheno: Even massively early buds yield a high that can only be described as "OMG I am suddenly very alert." Instantly up, clear and expansive like you would expect with a thai but way more paralyzing, deer-in-headlights haze clarity. Again, I know it looks terrible, but I have treated it and things seem to be doing well again.

Hi Terpene,

i'm glad the very early smoking test is strong, wait till is fully matured hehehhe :blowbubbles: be careful with the indoor spider mites, summer is coming and spiders love it!

Terpene

Veteran
Hi Terpene,

i'm glad the very early smoking test is strong, wait till is fully matured hehehhe :blowbubbles: be careful with the indoor spider mites, summer is coming and spiders love it!

The spider mites are "fun" to deal with, but in a past life I ran a pest control company - so I'm a bit more adept at dealing with them than the average neem user. ;)

My friend with the thai leaning pheno sliced a lower off at the time of treatment and reported back that I may be unable to smoke the final product based on how extremely up it was. Can't wait to see! Your description of "terroriffic" seems to be pretty spot on.

Meanwhile mine (african looking one) is trucking right along, though is slower to stack it on. Haven't tried it yet, I figure it will probably be finishing sometime around the end of July - middle of August, whereas the thai will be done by mid July.

Oh! I popped my last Holy Grail (harlequin x destroyer) bean which of course had to turn male, so I'm going to dust a branch or two of the thai with it. :D Here's a shot of the female I ran several months back to give you an idea:

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Zamal pheno is just barely starting to stack, picking up a pretty strong haze influence to the smell as well.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The Arlequin x Destroyer cross looks yummy :yummy: How long does it take to flower ?

Im glad you know how to deal with the spider mites in flowering time. Thanks for keep us updated!

Terpene

Veteran
"Holy Grail" as its been lovingly named lol, takes about 9.5-11 weeks to finish off, probably a lot quicker in other mediums as I'm all organic soil.

Harlequin is great pain relief / anti inflammatory (4% THC / 9.5% CBD) but its not fun at all. Coupling it with destroyer has fixed that problem. :biggrin: The grail is clear, expansive, energetic high with the full body relief.

Terpene

Veteran
Minor update, just tried a couple lowers off the African looking pheno. Taste is just like the smell, mango carrot haze. High is very different than the thai pheno lowers - heavy yet clear, stupefying with a full body buzz most noticeably in the cheeks. Should be interesting to see what each pheno becomes from this point.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
The spider mites are "fun" to deal with, but in a past life I ran a pest control company - so I'm a bit more adept at dealing with them than the average neem user. ;)

My friend with the thai leaning pheno sliced a lower off at the time of treatment and reported back that I may be unable to smoke the final product based on how extremely up it was. Can't wait to see! Your description of "terroriffic" seems to be pretty spot on.

Meanwhile mine (african looking one) is trucking right along, though is slower to stack it on. Haven't tried it yet, I figure it will probably be finishing sometime around the end of July - middle of August, whereas the thai will be done by mid July.

Oh! I popped my last Holy Grail (harlequin x destroyer) bean which of course had to turn male, so I'm going to dust a branch or two of the thai with it. :D Here's a shot of the female I ran several months back to give you an idea:

View Image

^^whats this picture of ? holy grail ?

great pics!! but this deserves a pic of the month nomination imo,,

mine were stolen,, dont think whoever ends up with them will be able to grow em lol

Terpene

Veteran
Final shots of the African pheno at 13 weeks. The lowers at 10 were amazing, and I was all of out smoke - so it was time to kill her. Next time around, Ill let her color up and die out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The high is weird. You're instantly up and clear, a major body buzz sets in your cheeks, working to your toes. The high then shifts to heavy and somewhat dirty leading into tiredness as it falls off a couple hours later. I would say its similar to what I've read of golden tiger, though the smell is definitely Zamal influenced - mango carrot haze. I should note this pheno is a lasting high, probably 4-6 hours for me.

Dubi, I will run your genetics any day of the week!! If you come up with any other crosses sativa or indica, PLEASE consider me when you're looking for testers!

Latest posts

Latest posts