What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed Room: Is this a Problem??

Greenja

Wondering, in my not perfect, but pretty good, sealed room, I have a large blower I use to vent heat/humid but no intake vent. It I guess sucks free air in from the leaky seams of the building..is this going to promote black mold in those areas??

Wodering if I need to get one of those motorized vents that I coiuld tie in w/ the blower. On/open vent---off/close vent type setups??? Whatcha guys think?? I don't want any of that shit growing back again.

thx
greenja

Re: Sealed Room: Is this a Problem??

Greenja said:
Wondering, in my not perfect, but pretty good, sealed room, I have a large blower I use to vent heat/humid but no intake vent.

What? How well does it work? What kind of blower/fan is it?

Usually - yes it will suck through holes and stuffs but like in my current room - it has nowere to pull air from but the cracks in the door - and the fan would exhaust very little even though it is a 800 CFM fan. Once you add even a passive intake things will get better for you.

I dont think that 'mold growing on air entry cracks' should be the problem you are focusing on - but you do have a problem.

Just my 2cents.

Hope it helps.

~ SYK ~

Greenja

hiya syk!

lol, i put a big 3000+cfm furnace blower in there so hell, today for instance, i burned some so2 and the hum got upto 85%..the blower had it down to 55 in about 5mins. So that's rreally not a problem as that, and heat removal as needed is all it's used for.

thx for the thoughts!

greenja

Where does the air come in from then?

3000 CFM - Woooosh - would make quite the strong vacuum on the door I would think?

To answer your questions then:

The only motorized vents that I have seen go in-line in the ducting and open when there is power to them so it should be easy to wire.

The "mold" tends to be a problem in areas of stagnant stale air - not areas where there tends to be a high air flow.

Hope it Helps

~ SYK ~

krusty

uhm...you guys are ussing sulfer oxides to raise the humidty in your grow rooms???

uhm.....fuck i never heard of this....i am one dumbass hick on this and cant understand how this could be easier to make humidty then a simply humidifier...or fogger as i used in the past...

this is wierd cause i use a sulfur burner to get rid of powdery midlew...but only for like 10 minutes a night for a few weeks if i see powdery mildew problems...

i aint no chemist so i dont know aht the difference is between sulfer i use and what this s02 is:/

okies....you guys are trying to get too fancy with yer air i think.....you dont need a intake fan if yer exhausting....you only need a intake vent.....and if you want put a baffle on it so that it can only intake and when not in use it closes shut if yer worried about smell leaking out:/

i ussed a 8,000 cfm blower...would literally slam the doors shut on the place....it was back up for the air conditioner at this one place.....had like 11 tonnes of air conditioning i think....cant remeber now:/ but i think one was a 5 tonne and other was a 6 tonne ...both stand up ac units:/ at this location it was near ocean (actually on a island) and alot of humidty went thru this house....had some powdery mildew probs...but agian with the sulfar burner it would cure it:/

peace

krusty

Greenja

no no no! burned so2 as i had a touch of pm...AND the hum went up cause its lights off and during mid flowering..that's all

shit no! got me one of those foggers that worked great! kept ppms real close like ya said lol

anyway yeah..didnt think you thought i was that stupid lol

oh, and that fam doesnt reach that level due to venting constraints im sure..no woosh. and yeah, like krusty says..only looking for a passive vent to use as needed only...and put light block on and youre good to go...will post link tom of what im talking about

greenja...burnin so2 for hum! LOL

Greenja

No One thinks this is a cool product??? oh well, I'll just get excited all by myself like usual LOL>..a joke