What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains outdoors?

Spliffmastah

Hei, jeg er fra Norge, but I rather speak english since most here isn't Norwegian.

I'm looking for some outdoor strain that survives our short summer.
Preferably something that is finished by the end of September.
I've been looking into Early Girl, Alaskan Thunderfuck etc. but have personally not heard of anyone who's managed to get buds on them before the first frozt.
So anyone know any seeds that actually blossom before it's too late here in southern norway?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hei,

Canadian strains like Bonkers and Greens' Guerilla Gold would probably be good and look at Esbe's work in Denmark for some inspiration...... Also, the latest Autoflowerers will work fine in Norway during the summer .. Lowrider Diesel is a lot better than Lowrider2 and the Blueberry/AK47/WhiteRussian also get very good reviews here.

ha det bra !

P

perakko

it depends on what latitude in norge your in? the climate can vary a lot and also the daylenght. but i'm pretty sure thunder fuck and early girl wont do :( i would look in to those fastest danish strains and also some of the better bred autflowers for a decent sinsemilla harvest. good luck!

oh, i see you're in southern norway! i'd look for danish passion, royal dane, leb27, typhoon... and maybe lr#2, diesel ryder, mossys jem...

Last edited:
C

curts1

I tried Early Bud last year and got zero buds, same for Afghan but my LR2´s worked just fine. I´d recommend autoflowering or Typhoon, which happens to be what I´ll be growing next summer.

Spliffmastah

I tried Early Bud last year and got zero buds, same for Afghan but my LR2´s worked just fine. I´d recommend autoflowering or Typhoon, which happens to be what I´ll be growing next summer.

Thanks, where do you live?
How much yield per plant did you get?

C

curts1

I live in the Southeast of Finland so our growzones might be close as long as you don´t live in Tromsö! The yield from the LR´s was maybe between 10-30gr a plant and I was lucky as I only had two males out of ten seeds!

Spliffmastah

I live in the Southeast of Finland so our growzones might be close as long as you don´t live in Tromsö! The yield from the LR´s was maybe between 10-30gr a plant and I was lucky as I only had two males out of ten seeds!

Thanks...

Nah, I'm down south around Oslo at 59 N.L.
However in Tromsø they got midnight sun like Alaska which have shown to be an environment cannabis can thrive in.
Haven't there been any updates in the autoflowering department?
The LR's are old and low yielding.

ahortator

Veteran
Hello

I know that sativas from Lesotho grow covered with snow, buy I don't know how to get seeds without going to that country.
Plants from Nepal perhaps work.

love?

ahortator: Growing covered with snow eh? Sounds indeed like something that could be useful in a cross for northern climates. Do you have any more info about the Lesotho sativas? (flowering times etc..)

Hmm, wonder if there's anyone from Lesotho on icmag..

ahortator

Veteran
Hello Love?

I can't find more information about the Lesotho strain, I know that it is a sativa that grow high on the mountains and withstand cold weather and snow, there people call matokwane or a similar word. The leaves are very big, and it has very few branches or only a central big bud. There is a strain called Leshaze that is a cross between a Lesotho plant and a haze/skunk hybrid but I don't know if it works well in very cold conditions.

There are strains from Nepal that grow very high on the mountains and withstand cold weather. And a friend from Colombia told me that the "Punto Rojo" strain is very cold resistant because grows on the high mountains, and the cold weather makes the plant turn into red and violet colors.

The only problem is that those strains grows in tropical regions where the photoperiod is very diferent from the photoperiod in Northern Europe. The Lesotho strain grows far from equator and perhaps works better. The other problem is that they are exposed to a high UV radiation and in Northern Europe perhaps they don't receive the amount of UV they need to produce potent buds.

Indicas from Uzbekistan, Pakistan and Afghanistan, are supposed to withstand cold and they are faster flowering, but I don't know if they work well in your coutry.

Greetings

love?

Wow lots of great info, thanks for sharing.

I've read about some plants in Pakistan and Afghanistan flowering very early. Those perhaps could do well here but I think the only way to get seeds would be to go there (and at the right time of year too) and there's no info on their potency.

Will have to keep Leshoto in mind, who knows maybe some day I'll meet someone with connections there. Leshaze sounds like a nice smoke but impossible to flower outside here.

Open Eyes

NOTE: From as of 21. of June 2009 there will be no shipping of Cannabis seeds outside Denmark from Froebanken

Crap...just when i thought i could get some early strains i read that

Puffster

NOTE: From as of 21. of June 2009 there will be no shipping of Cannabis seeds outside Denmark from Froebanken

Crap...just when i thought i could get some early strains i read that

go to google and throw a search for "unleash da green forum" and you'll find your poison ;)

also check out koi and dödsknarks outdoor threads, they got splendid buds from typhoon and we also discuss the subject of northern genetics quite extensively in there :)

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
yep, thyphoon's pretty good candidate for nordic outdoor action. the only thing lacking seems to be weatherproofness, they seem pretty weak agains mold, but i'm sure a few years of growing them in +60 n should harden this strain a bit.

Koi

Thyphoon
Swestar
Dieselryder
Lowryder

All these works at 59*N. Harvest ranging from august to october.