Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > Manipuri

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Manipuri Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2017, 04:14 AM #131
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
I like those buds Truhan. How is the high from this? Must be good as you kept it 3 years.

You said 'foodies and growers', not understanding what you meant. You mean patient growers and those that want a special high or taste?

Does it lean sativa or indica in effect? Up or down is effect. Any trippy feel to it?
yesum is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 02:58 PM #132
Truhan

Truhan will become famous soon enoughTruhan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
I like those buds Truhan. How is the high from this? Must be good as you kept it 3 years.

You said 'foodies and growers', not understanding what you meant. You mean patient growers and those that want a special high or taste?

Does it lean sativa or indica in effect? Up or down is effect. Any trippy feel to it?

hello friend, the fucking translator plays tricks on me.

But I wanted to say what you have very well interpreted.

Its effect is very high, very sativa, euphoric and lasting. I still do not give the plant that has a more indica effect.

The smoke is wonderful, very nice. It is a guard herb. if you smoke it before 4 months, it tastes like grass. You have to give it a long cure. And all the magic of this cultivar will appear.

I am a cultivator of landraces, I have cultivated several things of TRSC, and the manipuri has surprised me a lot. The plant has a character a huge personality. I have learned a lot cultivating it, the plant has taught me several things.

It is a huge genetic legacy the manipuri. A great work of the Meitei people.

regards
Truhan is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:11 PM #133
ngakpa

ngakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nice
@Truhan

interesting comments

what latitude are you working at?
ngakpa is online now Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 07:47 PM #134
Truhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngakpa View Post
@Truhan

interesting comments

what latitude are you working at?

Hola ngakpa, 35,7 lat sur (Valle central Chile)

Clima mediterraneo

Saludos
Truhan is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:16 PM #135
ngakpa

ngakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by meizzwang View Post
thanks for sharing Truhan! Regarding hermaphrodites, I'm finding the "terminal bract" male flower is very common in many unworked landraces, including (but not limited to) malana, nanda devi, kumaoni, malawi gold, and Lebanese (higher frequency than the others). It makes sense too, the nanners show up about 2 weeks before harvest and many times, they're difficult to see, so it's understandable that unless the original growers are sophisticated, they won't select against these traits. Full blown uncontrollable hermis are less common, probably because they're easy to ID during preflowering and can therefore be easily cull before they become a problem.

Despite temperatures going down to about 4C at night and being exposed to heavy rain for many days in a row, the manipuris are still showing no signs of botrytis! In contrast, Kumaoni showed a little bit of botrytis under the same conditions and was subsequently chopped a little bit early. We'll see how the manipuris handle more cold. At this rate, the earliest flowering plant is predicted to finish mid December, if it can make it that long!
it's worth emphasising that this trait is likely being expressed as a response to unfamiliar environmental factors, conditions, and methods of cultivation

also, re. late intersex pollen:

notably, all of the strains you mention are cultivated as fully seeded (hashish plants) or partially seeded (Manipuri, Malawi) crops

certainly the fully seeded crops are unlikely to form viable seeds from pollen shed 2 weeks before harvest...

I have been in many Himalayan fields and can only recall seeing a male flower on a fully flowering female plant once (in mid-West Nepal)

I suspect that a combinaton of factors such as climate, nutrients, pests, soil, and daylight changes can all be factors that act as unfamiliar environmental stressors

I recently had an email from a guy who grew most of these strains you mention outdoors in soil with no problems...

he then grew the same strains in pots, moving the plants indoor and outdoors during winter, and then found that several hermied on him

one thing I am sure of: in their native environment these strains do not show this trait nearly as often as they do when cultivated in unfamiliar conditions
ngakpa is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM #136
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA will become famous soon enough
hello i am new here. i moved to india as a child and lived there for 18 years. it ios so cool to see people that are growing these indiann strains outside india and in modern ways. i have smoked sooooo much indian weed when i lived there and honestly i really liked the weed that came from southern india best. like some one else said here, the north indian strains are mostly for charas or hash making. except the manipuri. manipur is in north east india but is super tropical where as kumaon valley is not tropical so as most of the homalayan range that falls in north india. the north east since it border myanmar and such is tropical.

now the south indian strains are grown for nugs and not hash making in all those years in india i never saw hash from the south, but did see plenty of 2 foot long mama colas, that are equal to a good quality american mid grade weed in potency.

regarding kumaon strain dont you thin that would be indica dominant or atleast a indica sativa hybrid. the cahras from the himachal region is the most famouse and over there the plants are indica- sativa
HIMALAYAN GANJA is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:57 PM #137
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA will become famous soon enough
in orissa is where i found the best weed in india. 100 dollars for a KG
HIMALAYAN GANJA is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:34 PM #138
Green

Green is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the rough
Grown outdoors in the tropics I did not encounter any intersex Manipur individuals.

In the cradle of our past, I lay upon my back in a cave so shallow I could penetrate it only by squirming, not by crawling. There, by the dancing light of a resin torch, I drew upon wells and ceiling the creatures of the hunt and the souls of my people. How illuminating it is to peer backward through a perfect circle at that ancient struggle for the visible moment of the soul. All time vibrates to that call: "Here I am!" With a mind informed by artist-giants who come afterward, I peer at handprints and flowing muscles drawn upon the rock with charcoal and vegetable dyes. How much more we are than mere mechanical events! And my anticivil self demand: "Why is it that they do not want to leave the cave?"
-Duke Leto ll
Green is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:47 PM #139
meizzwang

meizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngakpa View Post
it's worth emphasising that this trait is likely being expressed as a response to unfamiliar environmental factors, conditions, and methods of cultivation
Regarding hermi traits, I suspected the same thing was going on, but with the malanas, they were all grown in identical conditions: in the same exact soil, same watering, same light, same exact nutrients, literally in the same hole in the ground. One showed late hermi characteristics, while none of the others (there were 7 females) showed any hermi traits. Had it been an environmentally induced phenomenon, you'd expect to see more than one malana plant showing late hermi tendencies. In case there's any doubts to these claims, you can see my full grow report here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346659

I also have not encountered any intersex issues with manipuri, but this is out of a population of 3 seeds.
meizzwang is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:46 PM #140
Truhan

It is essential to insist, that in my case, the appearance of hermaphroditism is mainly due to environmental factors, that was demonstrated when I sent a clone to a friend (yaxu) who lives further north, in a much warmer climate. My plant was hermi, the demi friend a beautiful female.

consider that when the manipuri is harvested. in December, the average temperature is 20 degrees.

https://climate-data.org/location/969149/

That is, the hermaphroditism that is expressed in my manipuris, is to cultivate a tropical plant in a Mediterranean climate.
Truhan is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.