Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Sports and recreation > NFL 2017

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
NFL 2017 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2017, 09:37 PM #181
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of light
Haha, no need to apologize, Hawk. In fact, giving patriots fans crap encourages more posting by patriots fans, which livens up this thread.
Bears would have been able to tie against the saints and packers last couple games if not for bad calls by the refs. Who knows if they would have won though.
Falcons started off 3-0, looking like they could make the superbowl again, but have been more down than up since then. It's not unusual for a superbowl team to not make the playoffs next year (see carolina last year). Still, theyre 5-4 with 7 games left to try and get that offense rolling again. Maybe try forcing it to julio more, his (fantasy) numbers this season have been pretty underwhelming.

Jail or prison would be a good option if it actually worked, but the 'correctional' in correctional facility is a misnomer. Like 1% of addicts who get locked up may clean themselves up, and the other 99% get even worse off. Rehab doesnt have a great success rate but if it's even 10% that's preferable to jail and probably costs the same.

Melvin gordon's foot was bothering him before their week 9 bye, and week 10 he averaged like 2.5yds per touch while his backup averaged 8yds a touch. But maybe he just had a bad game. In one of my leagues austin ekelar has already been picked up and is in their starting lineup. Crazy, but if gordon has turf toe or a lis franc injury...
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 04:01 AM #182
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud of
what a weekend of game!
i am starting to believe the philly eagles are for real and wentz is playing well beyond his years
/will the real dallas cowboys please stand up
gordon looked pretty solid this week against the bills
and why they dident play tyrod taylor at some point, is beyond me
/i totally understand letting a young qb earn his chops, but at some point you are not helping his developement by letting him fail
the chargers are playing hot right now but their next game is on thanksgiving against dallas
i think both teams really need to win here
and what happened to the 5-0 chiefs?!?
looks like this is crunch time and we are going to see who is going to the playoffs and who will not

i agree with you 100% baba about the definition of punishment here in amreica is a big part of the problem
right now there is very little rehabilitation where its needed most
unfortunately, with the trend of privatizing prisons in the US, i wonder how much of an incentive there is to try and help change the lives of those behind bars
/these programs cost a lot more than three hots and a cot

no worries,hawk! we are all fans and here to talk football
sometimes we get hyped, but its all in good fun
pop_rocks is online now Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 07:00 PM #183
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of light
Dak had his worst game as a pro sunday night. His left tackle, tyron smith, didnt play again but should be back on thanksgiving against the skins. Dak seems a little too risk averse to feed jump balls to Dez, but romo had success with that strategy and they need to jumpstart the offense some way...

Gordon didnt seem hindered at all against the bills, and there were plenty of scoring opportunities when their qb threw 5 ints in the first half. Going forward he looks healthy and the chargers are only a game or two from a playoff spot, with the chiefs losing 4 of their last 5 games, this time to a bad giants team. If only the chargers hadnt lost 3 games they should have won (two on kicks, one to jacksonville with turnovers at the end) they would be really in good shape. Now, they'll probably make a surge before fading again with more close losses...

The bears lost a close one to the lions, trubisky sorta kinda had a decent game, made some plays at the end to get them in field goal range which connor barth missed badly (they have a new kicker now). Maybe if trubisky continues to progress these last few games fox will keep his job...

Got some pretty good games this thanksgiving, two divisional matchups plus cowboys vs chargers. I wont watch all of them but should be interesting...

Old 11-22-2017, 04:43 AM #184
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud of
cant wait for thanksgiving!
ive been in training for the past month, eating something extra every change i get!
/this is my time to shine
plus we will get to see some great games
the chargers are going to test dak with their heavy pass rush but im leaning towards the cowboys on this one
/we will see how their secondary plays against a "real" NFl qb this week
i still dont expect the chargers to really turn it around this year as far as the playoffs go, but maybe they will start selling out their home games
unfortunately the rams are the hot ticket in la right now
/sad trombone for dean spanos
actually stoked to see the lions play too
we dont get to see them play that often out here on the west coast
have a great thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2017, 05:55 PM #185
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Ive been training this past year to eat more, sadly.
Pumpkin or pecan pie, Pop? I say both...

Hope everyone is having a good thanksgiving. The early game is between the best teams, with vikes and lions both playoff worthy teams. Chargers and cowboys this afternoon, dallas gets their left tackle back so their offense should be better. They'll have to be against the chargers, who are 3rd in the nfl in sacks.
Giants and redskins this evening, neither team is currently in a playoff spot but im interested in seeing samaje perrine handle the RB load for washington with chris thompson and rob kelley out for the year.

Best game this weekend is probably Rams vs Saints, both division leaders. Rams have found an offense and the Saints a defense this year. A playoff bye is potentially at stake here.

I think you made a point earlier, Pop, about the jaguars and bortles being surprisingly good, and at 7-3 theyre only 1 win behind the steelers and patriots. The jags have the leagues best defense, and if they can hold teams under 20 pts in the playoffs, they'll have a chance against anyone, even with bortles at qb. This has been a weird NFL season, i guess bortles and the jags beating brady and the patriots in the playoffs would just cement it.
Any pats fans want to chime in on that possibility?

Old 11-25-2017, 01:33 AM #186
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant future
Lmao at the eagles vs the bears this sunday! I'm gonna lol if the bears win.course we know they wont.thank fuck we got rid of Barth
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 11-25-2017, 06:38 PM #187
pop_rocks

im wiht you baba', i go with both too
the bigger question is: are they pronounced pea-can or pea-con?!?
/love peacan pies btw!
so do you guys think dallas still has a chance or are they pretty much done for the year?
i was suprised at how terrible they looked without zeke in the backfield!
looks like LA chargers are going to make the second interesting and seem to be gaining ground on the rest of the west
they have a couple easy games coming up (against the browns and then wash) before they meet the chiefs in arrowhead mid december
/this could be a huge game for both teams

hope you had a great thanksgiving baba'
same for all the others!
this is where the season starts getting really good fellas'

Old 11-26-2017, 07:31 PM #188
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

The eagles are favored by 2 td's against the bears, same as the steelers vs packers, and less than the patriots vs miami.
I could easily see chicago losing by 20-30pts. But u never know...
I've been watching the red zone channel lately, so havent seen a lot of bears offense. I think they were doing the old run on 1st, run on 2nd, pass on 3rd and long a lot, and predictably punting a lot, but now that trubisky's passing attempts are up, might be interesting to just watch the bears, see how they do. Unless the game gets out of hand quickly, in which case back to the RZ i go...

I use both pronunciations, Pop, for no reason except they both sound correct to me. Maybe the -CAN is more popular in the south...

It's kind of amazing that the dallas offense looks so bad without Zeke. Then again, tyron smith has been injured, and they lost another off lineman, zach martin, last game, so it's not just zeke.
Still, makes you wonder if running backs are coming back into vogue in a passing league. The cowboys look like losers without zeke, fournette has helped the jags become winners. Saquon barkley of penn state looks like another generational talent at RB, maybe the niners should reach for him with their first pick, assuming garappolo is their qb of the future (with beathard as a good backup).

I think a lot of fans (mostly eagles, giants, redskins fans probably) think dak has been exposed now without a league best off line and running attack. That he's average at best, terrible at worst.
And no doubt he has been terrible the last 3 games, hasnt thrown a td, bunch of picks, one returned for a td.
Still, he's had way more good games than bad games in his career, and even hall of fame qb's look average when theyre not getting any blocking or their receivers arent making plays. His receivers, even dez, arent running past anyone.
He'll definitely play better than he has been, but it is worrisome that, once the offense had to rely solely on him making plays, it's been pretty bad.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:29 AM #189
pop_rocks

i guess i tend to use both too,baba'
/call it what you want brother, pea'can or pea'con i will eat that shit up all day!
the c'boys have hit a rough patch of road for sure, but at 5-6 i still think they can turn it around
i still believe in dak prescott and see this as just another chance to develop and mature as a qb
/this week is a must win
and who is that playing like the hottest ticket this side of hollywood blvd?!?
led by a crushing defense la chargers de los angeles are on a tear
/dean spanos still sucks
so whats your take on all this fist fighting we are seeing on the field this year
i know tempers flare, but it seems this year we are seeing a lot of extra business at the end of the play
i love good hard nosed football, but some of this fighting is getting out of hand

Old 11-28-2017, 05:49 AM #190
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Interesting thing of note here looking at previous NFL threads:

2017 -5,655 posts
2016 -20,410 posts
2015 -24,664 posts

dank.Frank

May we all, in our own way, find our personal calling which allows us to continue overgrowing prohibition!!!
dank.frank is online now Quote