Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Who's all prevented their own arthritis through using cannabis?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Who's all prevented their own arthritis through using cannabis? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 AM #31
Green Squall

Green Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgoob View Post
I'm learning shit and created a thread that may be helping people. Thanks for sharing.

Esp the tumeric. I have a hernia and when I touch it, ouch. Never poke me there. but when I take tumeric caps. it's gone.

Other people have said it works too.

You will get energy from it also. It's a good anti-oxidant also.
Do you make your own turmeric caps or buy them? I regularly cook with fresh turmeric root. Tastes so much better than than the powder.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 02:03 AM #32
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud of
Turmeric is stated by some to be one of the newly recognized homeopathic or medicinal wonder cures.

I like it in curry. Gives it similar lasting 'soft heat' as properly used yellow mustard powder, if you're into doctoring up your own curry powders.

Excess naproxen an/or aspirin can contribute to bleeding ulcers in the gastro-intestinal tract, similarly to ibuprofen; careful with that stuff. If the cure brings secondary conditions that are worse than the original issue, then there's ground lost.

I chuckle when I listen to/watch all the Rx drug commercials on the television/radio.

i.e., "Warning; Consult with your physician before trying (X,Y, or Z) as it may contribute to suicidal/homicidal ideation, diarrhea, heart attacks, stroke, marital discord, impotence, paralysis, farting, belching, or incarceration." (sorry, a bit of parody therein).

Makes you wonder just how bad the original complaint had to be to cause someone to agree to make themselves susceptible to all the potential (not to mention the unknown or unstated) side-affects..

Did you know that in many countries, the radio and t.v. commercials the U.S. is exposed to for Rx meds are not permitted? Many countries have stopped the Pharmaceutical vampires from broadcasting their outrageously-inflated-price wares, like the parasitic toxic drug dealers they are.
moose eater is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:27 AM #33
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
The only thing cannabis prevents is impotence. That and prevents dreaming some bit.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:06 AM #34
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant futuremean mr.mustard has a brilliant future
It prevents ice cream from hanging out too long.

It prevents me yelling at the robocaller and convinces me to tell them a story in which the machine loses instead.

I don't have arthritis and I smoke so I could say maybe.

Let's not limit ourselves to anything but possibilities.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
- Bob Dylan

Be good and you will be lonely.
- Mark Twain

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
- Anne Frank
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:42 PM #35
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
I have bought the caps and the spice.

Tumeric doesn't always work for headache, but I take it anyway.

It makes me head feel more focused, but more diffuse. It's like a small sativa high if you ingest enough.

This could be an MAOI effect.

Swigging the spice got my pain away on my belly. Hurts only a little, but when it's gone, you noticed you had it.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:03 PM #36
Cadfael

Cadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really nice
remember, curcumin helps withe the adsorption levels of turmeric.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:40 AM #37
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to all
Wink

I average about an ounce every two weeks and have done so for roughly forty years.

Got arthritis something fierce, took methotrexate for three years but it caused extra cancer tumors in my right lung and upper colon. So I quit. At that point I had to give up the sword, if there was a workable answer I would have used it, I love the sword.

The pot does not actually help the arthritis. I keeps me more inactive and that helps, but it is the inaction of the joints, not a direct effect of the marijuana. I use morphine for the cancer discomfort, however, morphine has very little to no effect at all on my arthritis pain so it is not the answer either. Methotrexate and similar immune system inhibitors are the functional answer, but only for those it does not create cancer tumors in. I personally know folks that get along well with adalimumab, etanercept, certolizumab, and methotrexate and do not get cancer, but I do.

In that vein, marijuana may work for some folks even though it does nothing for me.
Phaeton is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:52 PM #38
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
A guy I used to know used bees......yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 11:48 AM #39
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
Have you ever decarboxylated at 250F for 45 minutes and then cooked that bud into something? Or just made caps?

I made caps with coconut and hash oil. Let's just say they look so cool that it adds to the high.

Yea, the liver changes d9 into d11. BIGGER longer tailed. I taught my parents this the other day.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM #40
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
Relief Factor works well. I have not used it in a while though. I take tumeric almost daily, which is one of the main ingredients. Fish oil, resveratrol are 2 of the other things in it.

I got my mom on olive oil and she says it helps the arthritis. Not sure if that is placebo though. I got her on that for maintaining brain function that it seems to help with.

Coca Cola really aggravated my joints, had to quit that.
yesum is offline Quote