Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2017, 04:02 AM #41
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of lightG.O. Joe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipunch View Post
Wonder if anyone has grown WW, Ortega and MLI in same conditions. Would be a Nice grow journal!
Why WW? Because it was striking in flower how Black Widow was very similar to how i remember MLI.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 03:53 PM #42
GoatCheese

GoatCheese has disabled reputation
Quote:
Wonder if anyone has grown WW, Ortega and MLI in same conditions. Would be a Nice grow journal!
Hi.

What do you mean by "Ortega"?

If you're referring to Ortega from MrNice Seeds, then it's not actually related to MLI, it's a Northern Lights strain.

The Maple Leaf-Ortega, is a "plant type" found out of a Mazar i Sharif seed lot by Nevil. One of these Ortega-plants was used in MLI. Nevil named the Ortega-type after the guy who gave/sold him the original Maple Leaf seeds, Jim Ortega.

Sensi Seeds' MLI = (Ortega x Afg-T/Skunk#1) x (Ortega x Afg-S/Skunk#1).

Afg-T and Afg-S females also came from the same Mazar i Sharif seed lot.

GoatCheese is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 05:09 PM #43
Tipunch

Tipunch will become famous soon enoughTipunch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
Hi.

What do you mean by "Ortega"?

If you're referring to Ortega from MrNice Seeds, then it's not actually related to MLI, it's a Northern Lights strain.

The Maple Leaf-Ortega, is a "plant type" found out of a Mazar i Sharif seed lot by Nevil. One of these Ortega-plants was used in MLI. Nevil named the Ortega-type after the guy who gave/sold him the original Maple Leaf seeds, Jim Ortega.

Sensi Seeds' MLI = (Ortega x Afg-T/Skunk#1) x (Ortega x Afg-S/Skunk#1).

Afg-T and Afg-S females also came from the same Mazar i Sharif seed lot.

Hi Goat, I was talking about the SS version not MNS. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that Ortega, Afghan T & S all come from MLI? and MLi comes from Jim and his Mazar seeds. Don't see where the skunk is in the Sensi cultivar?
Tipunch is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 05:47 PM #44
GoatCheese

Quote:
Hi Goat, I was talking about the SS version not MNS. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that Ortega, Afghan T & S all come from MLI? and MLi comes from Jim and his Mazar seeds. Don't see where the skunk is in the Sensi cultivar?
Hi.
Afg-T, Afg-S and the Ortega-types (males and females) come from Mazar i Sharif seeds, which were originally named 'Maple Leaf Wilson mix' or something like that, hence the name 'Maple Leaf' used by Nevil.
..not Maple Leaf Indica. MLI came later.

Nevil then crossed Afg-T and Afg-S females to a Skunk#1 male; then a male from each cross was crossed to an Ortega-type female; then a female was selected from one of these hybrids and male from the other and bred together. This hybrid was then named Maple Leaf Indica.

:

Ortega was never a seed line from Nevil or Sensi Seeds, only breeding stock. Ortega(maple leaf) plants were used in Sensi Seeds' Black Domina and MLI, perhaps in other hybrids also, i dunno.

The famous clone-only Ortega in USA also come from the original Maple Leaf Wilson-seeds.

Here's a post made by Nevil:

Q: "..maple leaf indica according to Ed R (same book) is: Female Ortega15 x Sam afghan skunk X male Skunk 18.5. Any idea if this is correct?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil
I don't know what Ed is calling Maple leaf.
Ortega 15 was Maple leaf. This was crossed with AfgTx Sk and AfgS x sk males.
AfgT and AfgS were both sisters and pure maple leaf. Maybe Ed thought that AfgS meant Afg(Sam). It doesn't. The hybrid Ed is talking about is 3/4 Maple Leaf.
N.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/59005-post21.html

Hope this explains it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:39 PM #45
Tipunch

Hi Goat, so in summary/shortcut MLI is 25% Sk1 and 75% WW mix (Afgh T, Afgh S, Ortega)?

Do some phenos of MLI really look like sk1?

Thanks for your input amigo
Tipunch is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM #46
GoatCheese

Quote:
Hi Goat, so in summary/shortcut MLI is 25% Sk1 and 75% WW mix (Afgh T, Afgh S, Ortega)?

Do some phenos of MLI really look like sk1?

Thanks for your input amigo
What is this WW mix you're talking about?? White Widow?
There is no White Widow in MLI.

MLI is 75% Mazar i Sharif Afghani (Maple Leaf) and 25% Skunk#1.
In short, MLI is made of Afghani and Skunk#1

Afg-T, Afg-S and Ortega-types all came from the Mazari seeds, which Nevil named "Maple Leaf", after the source of these seeds = a guy called Maple Leaf Wilson.

Peace

Old 11-21-2017, 10:19 PM #47
Tipunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
What is this WW mix you're talking about?? White Widow?
There is no White Widow in MLI.

MLI is 75% Mazar i Sharif Afghani (Maple Leaf) and 25% Skunk#1.
In short, MLI is made of Afghani and Skunk#1

Afg-T, Afg-S and Ortega-types all came from the Mazari seeds, which Nevil named "Maple Leaf", after the source of these seeds = a guy called Maple Leaf Wilson.

Peace
WW I meant Western Winds, sorry for confusion. Never Heard the story on the guy called Maple Leaf Wilson, just knew about Jim Ortega. I've seen posts of Nevil thinking Jim for his amazing contribution but never towards A Guy called Maple Leaf Wilson.
Tipunch is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 12:08 AM #48
madalasatori

madalasatori has a spectacular aura aboutmadalasatori has a spectacular aura aboutmadalasatori has a spectacular aura aboutmadalasatori has a spectacular aura aboutmadalasatori has a spectacular aura about
This stuff is nice but overrated imo. Shiva skunk has some far more interesting phenos
madalasatori is online now Quote