Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Ceramic Solutions!
Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2017, 05:46 PM #11
repuk

repuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the rough
Girls recovered and are doing well.

Flower tent is almost finished, did all the extraction/ducting setup.

As can be seen in the picture the Ice Cool cut is oversized for the tent; having in mind the seedlings are almost two months old and look healthy, I'm going to move all of them to the flowering tent, will run 18/6 for a couple days, cut clones of everyone, and then flip to 12/12.

I'd rather end up with small plants than overgrowing the tent space, the idea is gauging the stretch, and dial vegging 100% the next round.

Last edited by repuk; 11-23-2017 at 03:47 PM..
repuk is online now Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 03:51 PM #12
repuk

repuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the roughrepuk is a jewel in the rough
Girls look better, they sprouted more leaves where the ones damaged by the HML... most have 5-6 internodes, and about 15cm (6") height each.

Gave them a slightly stronger feeding, will hopefully move them to the flower tent tomorrow.

So far BB #1 is the most developed one (nearer left corner), and kalichakras got more vigorous. They look greener than in the picture IRL.

Spotted some white flies, but only on one plant: KRY #1... Will apply them some foliar neem oil tonight (I already did some neem oil feeding at half the strength in the past).

Got the final parts I needed to finish the ducting from the tent to outside the shed and to finish the flower tent: internal moving fan, cabling, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3836r.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	436482 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3837r.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	436483

Last edited by repuk; 11-24-2017 at 11:33 AM..

Old 11-23-2017, 03:57 PM #13
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to allMate Dave is a name known to all
You need to feed them 3x as often. Either with less volume per feed or same amount but flush them through get the ferts up to a suitable CEC. They look malnourished. If you buy a greenhouse tube Heater you can have a fan connected to a section of ductwork that contains the tube heater blowing/sucking in the nice air...

You could go the whole hog & make a box/plinth with a heater in that you put the prop tent on.

Move the light to right above the tips, within 4" & Feed them either less volume more often & throw the runoff away. That coco wants to be constantly wet but not standing in water.

You don't need the humidity maker. You can mist with a sprayer by hand on the tube heater or just into the tent..

I would allow the exit to work passively using one fan not sucking in cold air untill flower.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dimplex-Eco.../dp/B00NT0X8K2

One of these is Ideal as a controller for a veg room that size & will work as a lighting & vent controller with a sensor or use the heat tube . Don't overspend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AWA2P...detail_0?psc=1

This next one will allow you to dial in all ya timings or flop 5 lamps

https://www.absolute-koi.com/article39.html

Old 11-24-2017, 12:16 PM #14
repuk

Wow, thanks for passing by and your inputs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate Dave
You need to feed them 3x as often. Either with less volume per feed or same amount but flush them through get the ferts up to a suitable CEC. They look malnourished.
I usually hand water the girls in vegging, note taken, will water more often.

I'm also concerned regarding EC, considering getting a reverse osmosis filter... tap water is 0.3-0.4EC which apparently looks fine, but from what I've read on other threads that "doesn't tell the whole story".

If I use the H34d 6/9per gallon formula, I end up with really high EC, like 1.5-1.8EC. That made me think that even while the tap EC doesn't look that bad, may be preventing me from properly feeding them.

In fact yesterday I just fed at 1.5EC some of them (the rest at 1EC) to note if there's any difference.

Quote:
If you buy a greenhouse tube Heater you can have a fan connected to a section of ductwork that contains the tube heater blowing/sucking in the nice air...
Temps are in check now in the veg tent, the iguana cable worked beautifully. But I'm concerned on the flower tent... a tube heater would be super! (thought also playing with uncooling the light hood).

Quote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dimplex-Eco.../dp/B00NT0X8K2

One of these is Ideal as a controller for a veg room that size & will work as a lighting & vent controller with a sensor or use the heat tube . Don't overspend.
Didn't know these, they look sick!

Truth is I enjoy growing/electronics as a hobby, and the Raspberry/mycodo project has me excited... but having one of these as backup in case something goes wrong in mid-grow with the Raspberry will provide tons of peace of mind!

Don't get me wrong, simpler is always better and that controller fits the bill like a glove, but the environmental control in addition of controlling, logs all parameters, and allows for easy remote monitoring and alerting...

(this is on my "lab", not the real veg tent)

This allows to me to study all the interactions and hopefully build a "robotized growing shed" of sorts .

Once I have everything working I'll be opening a new thread sharing the experience and providing a guide for others to replicate.

Obviously as I test different components, my expenses will be higher, but for those wanting to replicate they will only have to source the finally chosen components, and they're pretty cheap, a Raspberry can be had from $15, most modules cost like $5-$15 maximum, so I expect the controlling/sensors/relays expènse to be $100-$150 max for controlling three to four growing chambers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2017-11-24 a la(s) 11.09.25.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	436537

Last edited by repuk; 11-24-2017 at 12:36 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM #15
repuk

Finally dialed in the veg chamber:

Watering them (feeding) more frequently certainly helped.

Moved them to the flowering tent, will have them a couple days at 18/6 so that they branch out a little in order to get cuts (like to get them from the bottom branches), then will flip to 12/12:

Will work on the reservoir / blumats rig in the meanwhile.

Hesitating between waiting to repot to 3L square pots to set the blumats.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3843R.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	436907 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3846R.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	436908

Last edited by repuk; 11-28-2017 at 02:04 PM..

Old 11-29-2017, 08:54 PM #16
repuk

Will wait until sexing for repotting.

Thanks a lot for your insights Mate Dave, I've been hand-watering them much more often and it certainly made the girls to thrive!

I started at 20/4 when switched to the flower tent / 400W, set it to 18/6 from tomorrow on.

I will flip the switch to 12/12 on Friday, in two days, I'm worried I don't have a grip yet on stretches and this grow site. Hope having side branches developed enough to take micro-cuts.

Will make easier to remember the day of the month too

Old 11-29-2017, 10:29 PM #17
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Looking much better these days. Are you watering to the point of runoff? If not do so. Flushes salts with every watering (drain to waste)
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2017, 10:44 PM #18
repuk

Thanks for stopping by, mushroombrew!

Yes, I water to the point of runoff, nothing too intense though, guess 10% max, just to make sure everything is fully saturated. I water twice daily.

Lots of rain yesterday, so today I feeded them with 60/40 rain/tap water. Rain water was EC0.04, almost PH9, but took surprinsingly small quantity of PH- to bring it down to PH5.6.

I set it to EC1.2 using micro+bloom. Added some epsom.

Have found that the more frequently they're feed the lower you can go regarding EC?

Old 11-30-2017, 12:14 AM #19
repuk

Just watered again.

Considering flipping to 12/12 right now, they're about 38cm / 15inches high.

Free height is 110cm/43in, so 70cm/27in height space, which I could increase a little up to 130cm/51in, 20cm/7.8in more.

I changed the exhaust today, left it inside the shed to see if it helped with the temps, but girls weren't diggin' it, so changed it to exhaust outside. Much better.

Temps are between 17-21C, and girls look fantastic. RH around 50%.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_3806.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	437141

Old 12-02-2017, 04:40 PM #20
repuk

Been always saying "girls" but truth was apart from the Ice Cool cut, the rest are all regular seedlings...

Currently six of them actually showed female preflowers:

High hopes on BB #1, is the biggest plant, and the fastest in growing and showing preflowers, 99% sure on being female. One with the thinnest fingered leaves, rubbing her stem smells like a sort of mentholly aniseed, fennel-like with a weedy twist. I did rub her because it already smells up the place when opening the tent...

BB #2 is also clearly a girl. So between the fastest pre-flowering, if that has something to do with future flowering speed.

All three Krystallicas seem to be girls. Almost microscopic hairs for my sight, 99% sure on #1, 70% sure on #2 and #3.

Kalichakra #3 looks like a girl too.

BB #3 seems to be a male, not sure yet (tallest plant of the bunch). Would like at least one of the kalichakras to be a girl, to have variety, and that would be 8 plants for the tent already...

I transplanted Ice Cool to a new, 3,2L pot, washed all the soil I could under the tap, gently loosened the rootball a little, then filled with coco and fed her. Really leafy, hope it has something special to deliver with her flowers, as otherwise I'm lazy and prefer low leaf-to-flower ratios for better growing conditions.

No signs of transplant shock, been 24 hours already, her stem became thicker and woodier than a pencil, I'd say at least one centimeter diameter.

I'm letting all them to "gain weight", feeding twice a day, thriving on 60% rain-water based meals. They're not stretching, but getting thicker stems and growing their branches, sprouting thicker leave-sites, so will let them go at 18/6 until I can cut at least a micro clone of the girls.

Last edited by repuk; 12-02-2017 at 04:54 PM..