You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > 1987 Afgoo ibl

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
1987 Afgoo ibl Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2017, 05:37 PM #21
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneman View Post
Gooey or Norcal Gooey by Gooeybreeder is 30ish years old, so i suppose there's your 1987?
Do you think there's any correlation between these lines?

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 05:38 PM #22
TheRealHash

TheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud of
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooeybreeder
one of gooey components, the Maui. Yes, it was afgan 1 x Gooey, which made afgooey. My partner back then did the cross. Hence me not taking credit for it as I knew he was doing breeding and didn't want to take that away from him. If you see real afgooey and gooey grown side by side, you'd know for sure they are heavily related. Other than gooey being bigger, they are about the same plant. Slightly more indy in the afgooey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperortaima View Post
Do you think there's any correlation between these lines?
TheRealHash is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:40 AM #23
TheRealHash

TheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud ofTheRealHash has much to be proud of
Found a little more info on the Gooey..

Gooey Lineage
cambodian (70's landrace)
Mex gold (70's landrace)
Lumbo gold (70's landrace)
Thai ( 80's landrace)
Maui (1972 wowie from the developer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooeybreeder
( Mex and old lumbo) , Thai and Vietnam and Maui

Old 11-24-2017, 10:24 AM #24
herbgreen

herbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHash View Post
Gooey Lineage
Kambodga(Cambodian land race) x Mexican Gold x Colombian Gold x Thai land race x Maui Waui (Wowie circa 1972)
I guess that's what's been referred to as "Maui Haze" (?)

...and crossed with Afghani mother is the Afgooey (Afghani x Maui Haze)

The mother of bodhi's SnowLotus (Afgooey x Blockhead)

87 Afgoo may be an Afgooey is seed form?
herbgreen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:31 PM #25
TheRealHash

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbgreen View Post
I guess that's what's been referred to as "Maui Haze" (?)

...and crossed with Afghani mother is the Afgooey (Afghani x Maui Haze)

The mother of bodhi's SnowLotus (Afgooey x Blockhead)

87 Afgoo may be an Afgooey is seed form?
Maybe before it was named Gooey it was referred to as Maui Haze? idk

I have seen that listed as the lineage of Afgoo..

I've grown the Goo and Afgoo and I always thought it was just the name game until I asked Gooeybreeder about it. He said Afgoo is more indy but they look almost identical other than Gooey being a bigger plant and more on the sativa side-

Sounds like they're unadulterated Afgooey seeds which is an awesome thing to come across, not to mention rare

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:21 AM #26
herbgreen

herbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura aboutherbgreen has a spectacular aura about
I dont really know just seeing a 4 way landrace cross seems like most of what we think of as haze listed there...crossed with maui

And instead of listing all of that it just gets called "haze"

Glad someone came along to pass along the real details!

So much gets lost to slang and then some stuff gets the name just because of the slang... and popularity

If Gooey is a screen name or nickname referring to a person then it makes sense

"Gooey"... its not really a description than a bunch of landrace sativas

Kind of like skunk_va is a person and screen name not a description of chem91 genetics

Funny with the bodhi names check out wookie....it looks like a wookie!

Afgooey is Afghani x Mauihaze (Kambodga(Cambodian land race) x Mexican Gold x Colombian Gold x Thai land race x Maui Waui (Wowie circa 1972))

Sure would like some of that mauihaze Gooey!....sounds like a sweet sativa

Too bad everyones slang of calling Afgooey clone Gooey, Afgooey, Afgoo, The Goo....ect might make it difficult to locate

Good to get down to the genetics and people behind them!

Old 11-27-2017, 03:33 AM #27
TheRealHash

I believe it was called Gooey because of the capitate-stalked trichome content, it has the most trichs I've ever seen it will stack them 4 high, trichome skyscrapers-

His name is Gooeybreeder and Gooey is his claim to fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbgreen View Post

If Gooey is a screen name or nickname referring to a person then it makes sense

"Gooey"... its not really a description than a bunch of landrace sativas

Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 AM #28
herbgreen

yeah, sometimes it can be both name and attributes of the plant

Thanks!

Old 11-27-2017, 11:39 PM #29
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really nice
Fed both the male and female a flowering tea and threw them into the tent wish me luck my friends

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:49 AM #30
TheRealHash