What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

140w HPS Rubbermaid DWC

Huey_Wunder

This is my latest grow - 9 White Rhinos and 3 AK48 from clones.

2 x 70w hps lights
11 litre rubbermaid dwc
1-1/2" net pots
Rockwool and hydroton

Clones were cut from 3 mothers - revegged from my last grow. I actually cut 21 WR and 7 AK48, and chose the best rooted cuts for this grow. The rest were gifted. Clones were vegged 1 week, and then flipped to 12/12, about 2 weeks ago.

hw

Inmate#420

Hey der Huey,
WOW...12 plant sites under 140Watts. Nicely done. :headbange
What is the size of your flowering area? What kinds of nutes ya feed them gals? Gives us the details manz. :spank:

Huey_Wunder

Hi folks, thanks for visiting. :wave:

The grow is an unusual one for sure - I've actually done 3 or 4 like this, in this same area.

The area is approx. 1.5 sq. feet - 13" deep x 27" wide and about 3 feet high. I have 12 clones in there now - all are growing, some better and bigger than others.

The White Rhinos are Nirvana, originally from seed - but this is the second grow for these plants (I revegged 2 from my last grow). The AK48 are the same, cut from one good reveg from same last grow. Clones were started under a 23w cfl, then a 42w cfl, then a 70w hps, and finally under 2 x 70w hps.

I run basic hydro nutes, no name from my local hydro store - parts A and B, Superthrive and a drop of molasses per water change.

I change nutes every 2 weeks, with a 24hr flush in plain water each time. Top ups are done with 1/2 strength nutes and same additions as needed.

I treat H2O with aquarium conditioner to remove chlorine and whatever that other chlorine like thing is. Water sits for 48 hrs+ before use, and top up nutes are premixed, and stirred every few days.

2 x 6" airstones and 2 small airpumps.

Once week 4 or 5 of 12/12 comes, I add a small amount of Monster Bloom, and start rez changes every week.

I had used a screen for SCROG, and had put it on this time, but I've removed for now. Heights are manageable so far, starting from clones.

Last grow kept me in smoke for a couple of months - I smoke from grow, tips, clippings, etc. This time I'll keep my mitts off (I hope), and let them get full before I harvest.

I have home made bubble bags that work really well, and I've experimented with both iso and bho, with decent results.

Thanks again for droppin' in, and I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Peace and pot to y'all

hw

J20C

Can't wait to see how this grow goes.

As someone with a variety of experiences, but no actual harvests, it's interesting to watch and try and figure out the best way to do some DWC's.

Im in also......i got some AK 48 & White Rhino from Nirvana and was planning to do the same kinda thing, but i got a little more space. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Good luck.

TF

Huey_Wunder

Thanks for droppin' in folks :wave: - 1 week veg rooted clones, 2 weeks 12/12, sgrog on and locked down. Trimmed and fimmed several times - 82 budsites I can see. 4" from dual 70w horizontal hps.

3 plants are not what I consider harvestable due to growth issues. 2 of the AK48 aren't that vigorous, and 1 White Rhino. The 1 AK is budding nicely, way ahead of Rhino (which still hasn't stopped stretching), but the Rhino have lotsa sites that are getting fuzzy and bushier.

Pics to come, soon...

hw

Last edited:

DangerP

The grow looks great, Huey. I grow in a rubbermaid myself, and just love it. Do you root your clones in the same area as you flower?

Just to play devil's advocate, do you think you get much advantage from running 6 small plants over 4 or 2 larger ones? I had six on my last grow, and it seemed crowded to me. If you vegged a week or so longer, and then scrog'd or LST'd them, it seems like you'd get two larger, stronger plants.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious about what your thoughts on the issue are.

chosen

Veteran
Hey, Huey_Wunder
How has the timer worked for you?I bought a nice digital setup. Yet, it has so many stupid settings such as astrological events. I'm thinking of going back to the good old 2 pinners like you're running.

Huey_Wunder

DangerP said:
The grow looks great, Huey. I grow in a rubbermaid myself, and just love it. Do you root your clones in the same area as you flower?

Just to play devil's advocate, do you think you get much advantage from running 6 small plants over 4 or 2 larger ones? I had six on my last grow, and it seemed crowded to me. If you vegged a week or so longer, and then scrog'd or LST'd them, it seems like you'd get two larger, stronger plants.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious about what your thoughts on the issue are.
I seed, veg, mother, clone and flower in same area. But just one process at a time. No offense taken - I do the sea/screen of green because of the very small area I have. And it's more like 9 viable plants outta 12 started. I have seen 2 plant scrogs under similar lighting, and they yield quite well. Mine are almost bonsai jungle type, and with careful LST fills out nicely.
dasme said:
what is your ventilation like?
I have a smallish room exhaust drawing thru carbon pad/carbon/carbon pad filter. Also have a large pc fan blowing thru lights. Dual passive intake - twice the size of the exhaust. Just rigged up a pinesol bubbler for odor control - works like a charm.
chosen said:
Hey, Huey_Wunder
How has the timer worked for you?I bought a nice digital setup. Yet, it has so many stupid settings such as astrological events. I'm thinking of going back to the good old 2 pinners like you're running.
My first timer died, but I caught it that day. This one has run for couple months no probs - $5 timer I got w/ $5 off coupon.

Thanks for posting everybody - I appreciate the feedback.

hw

G

i like the way you have those to females growing together...hmmm they look to be the earthtone+brunette pheno.... :muahaha:

HAPPYTREE

lookin good huey, nice full house you got there,

Love the bouncing buds also iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

G

im soo burnt and those double bumps were exactly what i waned to see, oh yeah those plants were cool too...:D

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: