What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$#@& Help me figure out how the %$&@ I ruined seeds

smokeymacpot

Veteran
stoned teacher said:
Thats essentially the method I've always used with success (after the freezer) and for some reason went a lil warmer this time....(with the first half)...that is essentailly what I'm doing with the second half (on top of comuter monitor...some in tupperware as you described...some in ziplock baggy on top of monitor....to no avail....but i hear ya...next set of seeds I'll get and put right into the baggies or ziplock and on top of my computer monitor....

i would put them all in a container, if you use a bag they will get too hot as a monitor can kick out ALOT of heat, thickish plastic tends to absorb alot of it and tends to keep the seeds warm but not hot.

S

stoned teacher

Good news...

In my second half of germing, the Kalichakra's and SSH mixers popped....none of the Quick Mist Diesels popped, and looks like one of the Female Seeds Sour Northern Lights x Neville's Haze is thinking about it. So I go down to put them in soil, and it seems that a few of the SSH mixes and Kalichakra's that were in the ruined batch that I put in soil, checkd for days then gave up on, had popped. Soil was very dry, but they looked like they still had a shot of keeping life. Either way, at the least I'll get to grow some Kalichakra's and SSH's in this batch(at he least the newer ones that popped, maybe the old one's survived). No Blockhead, no Quick Mist Diesel, and still o be determined on the SNLx Nevilles...maybe I'll get one?

Better than nothing...now if I want to reorder, I might have a shot of getting all the strains I originally ordered with just an $80-$90 order.....better than 170, which aint happening....

Now to decide whether to reorder the Quick Mist Diesel or go with Sam Skunkman's Skunk x Haze, or maybe Legends Jonny Blaze......and beg for more blockhead...Its pay day!!!! gonna order something :)

Eiher way gonna keep it simple like I normally have...on top of computer monitor in either little tupperware or baggie, moist paper towel....why the heck did my dumb azz stray from that in the first place?????????

Last edited:

gws35

Keep it simple stoned....as other members mentioned you can put em between two wet paper towels (be sure and squeeze out the excess water) would also use distilled water...put em in a sealed plastic bag and place them somewhere warm....but not too warm.....I think you might have unfortunately cooked them?

You can put the sealed bag and seeds on a small plate on top of your cable box/computer or heating pad....put a folded towel over it to keep the heat in....most important part here, put a small thermometer next to the seeds to maintain the proper heat...80-85 degrees f seems to work well....

once they pop and tail starts to stretch just put em into your medium in a warm enviorment...min 75 deg f Id say....would also cover your container with plastic wrap to keep the moisture in for the first few days....the key is the thermometer to maintain proper temperature...

good luck!

EZlistener

stoned handle all seeds with tweezers, germed or not, don't leave to chance, moist tissue between saucers seems to be the fav 4 germin' it is with me, just keep 'em warm NOT hot, some do take longer than others though the norm is 24- 48 hrs

G

stoned teacher did you place em in dark? imho light could delay germination.