What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the best available Haze, Chem, OG, etc..?

RomulanJake

I'm looking for insight, and some direction for some future project plans I have. I'd like to know your opinions on what is the best, readily available in seed form, version of the following strains.. and just to make it fun, throw in your personal favorite strains of any genotype.. Just keep them all limited to what is still currently available to the general public please.

Haze

Chemdawg

OG Kush

Skunk

Any pheno, any breeder.. just say what is your choice if you're turning to those strains to grow and/or breed with.

Dont forget to add in your favorite sativa, indica or hybrid also. Landrace works too.✌

JockBudman

Haze would be Old Timers haze from Ace - I have a pack for breeding that I haven't run yet but everyone who perseveres with it raves about it.

Skunk, I've done seedsman Original skunk#1 which was a good, basic skunk. It's apparently the same as flying Dutchmen's pure and other Dutch skunks. I've also got early skunk coming up soon from Mr nice to use as one of a number of breeding tools on a clone I hold that I want to improve on. Also got an eye on Mr nice shit.

Chem and OG don't really interest me to be honest I'm afraid.

Just generally the best plants I've found so far have been from mix packs - ace mix from ace and safari mix from mandala. I hold a cut from each and they're both stellar for my needs.
I'm less interested in names and lineages these days since finding those keepers - now I'm collecting up mix packs like tropical mix from ace, walkabout and dreamtime from Mr nice and planning to run them to find my parental stock for personal breeding projects. Might hit up real seed company too for things like chitral, Parvati, malana cream etc. I don't mind growing modern poly hybrids but it's telling that the best highs I've had came from stuff bred from landraces so that's what I'm focusing on.

G

Gauss

Haze for breeding would be Neville's Haze, for growing and smoking Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze.

Skunk would be VA Roadkill Skunk, but Dominion Seed co has a lot of good Skunk lines that are supposed to be very much in the same suit.

Chemdawg isn't really my thing, best chems are sort of balanced diesels in my opinion. Greenpoint has a Copper Chem which is a damn good grow, also Karma Genetics Headbanger has a really strong following on here. ECSD would be my go to breeding selection for a Chemdawg sort, but it's not very balanced.

OG Kush, throw a rock and you'll hit five dank Kush strains nowadays and all are different. Goji OG by Bodhi, Rare Dankness by Rare...Dankness, Fruity Pebbles OG by Alien Genetics, Pakistani Chitral Kush from ACE, etc. If I could get breeding stock of any Kush it would be legit Blackberry Kush.

As far as favourite strains in general, if I could run 200 seeds of each bloodline that reputable companies have out there right now I could find a keeper specimen in probably 90% of the strains. I'm talking about leading world-class buds when grown right, that farmer's choice stuff. It's really about personal taste and what to make a priority for me. I think the really successful breeders have a good eye for quality on a broad scale and use large plant numbers, that's what matters in the end.

rolandomota

The only ones I like are haze and skunk but only a skunk that's not available anymore cantaloupe skunk so let's talk haze. Purple Honduras haze and killer a 5 haze and also Malawi x Panama and purple Haze Malawi. I just want them and probably that first light by old world genetics and some bushweed mm x oax and mmx nh15 also the romulan by romulan genetics I think? Those are on my list today but who knows tomorrow

YukonKronic

Karma’s Biker Kush is a well respected OG and the male he uses is a fuckn BEAST. Here’s a couple Crumbled Lime males that were made by Karma it’s Citron cookies (cannardo) crossed with karmas Biker Kush stud
picture.php
picture.php

Obviously pretty neglected boys but even totally ignored they both blew up into ball shaped bushes about a week after that pic (both are cut back to begin flower now.. I can post pics in few weeks of that)
First pic I think is more Biker dom.... if your really interested it’s pretty easy to find pics of Karmas Biker stud online.

I bought some seeds to play with for OG crosses. They’re probably one of the more stable true breeding OGs out there. I’m looking at ACE Malawi x Panama as a cross as well as Golden Tiger and eventually if you don’t do it then I’m gonna cross it with Romulan :biggrin:

YukonKronic

As for Haze I’ve only tried super lemon haze (not an accurate representation of haze..)
But ACE old timers is generally very well respected... talk with Dubi (Luis) about hazes bro. He also just got a bunch of Neville’s haze work that has been hybridized with ACE gear and is currently being tested.
OTH will give you a loooong flower time but probably so will ANY true haze..

rolandomota

The landrace team with all those yummy sativas and how can I forget cannabiogen I'm just an average broke man so I can't buy my whole list but at least a have some of it

YukonKronic

I feel like finding a good strong sativa with a minty flavour profile would be worthwhile. Mint/pine is getting to be a bit rare these days and if it’s really intense pine it makes an unforgettable flavour..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
old timer haze for pure colombian joy. real deal old school. mns mango haze or nlhaze is very good.

top dawg for chemdog, ogk, and skunk.

RomulanJake

Thank you everyone, keep the suggestions coming please!

This list is going to help me with finding exactly what I am searching for. I've got tons of options and tbh some pretty ridiculous connections to breeders that are willing to help me out, so really all I needed was a little more direction so I dont waste time growing things that are not up to par.

You guys are awesome. :)

Breadwizard

I feel like finding a good strong sativa with a minty flavour profile would be worthwhile. Mint/pine is getting to be a bit rare these days and if it’s really intense pine it makes an unforgettable flavour..

Hear hear! Bring on the mint / pine / eucalyptus terps. I've been searching for genetics that have smells i associated with the California coast, pine, mint, sage, fir, eucalyptus, redwood, etc.

Cvh

Supermod
Amnesia Haze is a legend here in the EU.
The strain that managed to push White Widow off her throne.

YukonKronic

Hear hear! Bring on the mint / pine / eucalyptus terps. I've been searching for genetics that have smells i associated with the California coast, pine, mint, sage, fir, eucalyptus, redwood, etc.

ACE Ethiopian is supposed to just the sort of thing your talking about... I think it’s more eucalyptus and pine than mint but I cannot remember right now

G

Gauss

I actually might go for Super Silver Haze or Original Haze for a Haze breeder, Neville's is great but I think SSH or OH still have a lot of gems to throw out for a breeder to pick up on as well.

Still love Super Lemon Haze the most for growing and toking, but like someone else said it's not really a true haze. I personally want to do a Fruity Pebbles OGxOriginal Haze at something like 20/80 ratio, but I can't really run high numbers of OH to feel like I truly explored and selected the "best" genes from it.

Happy Times

You all are making my mouth water.. :)

I may be able to get some Josh D OG Kush. Anyone grown his?

I haven’t personally but would love to run that one

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=341143

Just from reading and weed geekin, for OG Kush my personal order of stuff to try in order or priority would be

Josh D OG- I like the mix of classic OGs making up this one

Karma Biker - lots of good feedback

Archive- maybe that Casper OG: Ghost + Face Off

Rare Dankness? Possibly Lee Roy? Triangle Kush x RD#2male, or Ghost of Lee Roy -Ghost x Lee Roy

Gotta say I’ve had some nice Kosher Kush also (dispensary)

Happy Times

I'm looking for insight, and some direction for some future project plans I have. I'd like to know your opinions on what is the best, readily available in seed form, version of the following strains.. and just to make it fun, throw in your personal favorite strains of any genotype.. Just keep them all limited to what is still currently available to the general public please.

Haze

Chemdawg

OG Kush

Skunk

Any pheno, any breeder.. just say what is your choice if you're turning to those strains to grow and/or breed with.

Dont forget to add in your favorite sativa, indica or hybrid also. Landrace works too.✌

Haze- do you mean real deal hardcore 16+ week wispy flowering haze? Or are hybrids in the wheelhouse of what you are looking for?

Hybrids- I enjoyed Moonshine Haze from Rare Dankness. And had some really nice Super Lemon Haze dispensary bud a few years back. And this was super long ago, like 2000, but some of Sensi’s NL5/Haze from seed was a bad ass smoke

If hardcore real deal, OldTimers and Nevils Haze are the first thing that comes to mind. That Bandaid Haze mentioned recently in this forum sure sounds nice also. A lot of good info in that “revival of the ultimate sativa” thread

J

jaded1

I had a great biker pheno from josh d og,totally caked in frost with a lemon,mango and smokey bbq fajita spices smell and taste.Plant was a better biker pheno than the few biker girls I had from a pack.

RomulanJake

Haze- do you mean real deal hardcore 16+ week wispy flowering haze? Or are hybrids in the wheelhouse of what you are looking for?

Hybrids- I enjoyed Moonshine Haze from Rare Dankness. And had some really nice Super Lemon Haze dispensary bud a few years back. And this was super long ago, like 2000, but some of Sensi’s NL5/Haze from seed was a bad ass smoke

If hardcore real deal, OldTimers and Nevils Haze are the first thing that comes to mind. That Bandaid Haze mentioned recently in this forum sure sounds nice also. A lot of good info in that “revival of the ultimate sativa” thread

Thank you for that.. truth be told, Im good with either but would prefer the hardcore options.