What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kentucky Skunk hunt

KyBudz

Hello all. Haven’t been too active on the forum like I’ve wanted to this stuff is still a little new to me. I’ve recently cracked into some old Kentucky Skunk seeds, story has it these are the original Skunk seeds that first came back in the early 70s they ended up always crossing the skunkiest male they could find each season to insure seed stock for the coming seasons.

241B2AC3-1C65-4973-8BBE-650833569E11.jpg

IMG 20170314 202150

View attachment 496833

Attachments

• A684D07A-2B58-43A5-9565-EB4EC1DCD33C.jpg
    A684D07A-2B58-43A5-9565-EB4EC1DCD33C.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 39

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If real you have a gold mine there. Many yearn for the smell and taste of skunk rear end. I kid, but only a bit. I had skunk in '85 and it was a great high but was more pine to me than skunk.

troutman

Seed Whore
The lineage of the Kentucky Skunk is the same as the original Skunk#1?

Two species of skunks live in Kentucky. The striped skunk (Mephitis mephitis) can be found in every county. The spotted skunk (Spilogale putorius) is rare and can be found only in the southeastern corner of the state.
Oops, not the kind of Skunk you were talking about. :biggrin:

KyBudz

Goeie môre Kybudz

The lineage of the Kentucky Skunk is the same as the original Skunk#1?

From what I’ve gathered is when the skunk first came to the scene the cornbread mafia was running it heavily and was breeding with it over the years. The skunk has stayed the same just recently within the last 5-6 years has there been A big uproar trying to find this skunk and so many claims for everyone to have it but nobody can really show for it.. except for when you get here to KY that shit is everywhere you can get away from it here! Should be fun to hunt through these seeds and see what these can do

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Youre better off working with Joe’s 78 Skunk.
It never made it to market and has been kept viable through large field OP.
Its up to generation 8 OP now.

The Skunk that did hit the market is the result of repeated 1:1 breeding so those recessive genes that made Skunk what it is were lost.

troutman

Seed Whore
Youre better off working with Joe’s 78 Skunk.
It never made it to market and has been kept viable through large field OP.
Its up to generation 8 OP now.

The Skunk that did hit the market is the result of repeated 1:1 breeding so those recessive genes that made Skunk what it is were lost.

Where could a person get this Joe's 78 Skunk you speak of? :tiphat:

Joe Mendocino's Skunk I presume. :)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yea, Romulan Joe is Mendo Joe.

I was given OP gen’s 6 and 7.
I worked them, then they were stolen from me.
Its ok, the person feels absolutely safe.
I operate on my own time schedule.

If you can get a hold of OhSoGreen, lemme know.
Thats the source of 78 Skunk.
Even better than the RKS pheno is the euphoric sour apple pheno.

Lee247420

All these have been under 12/12 to see sex and to make moms of the females
Hey brother , hit me back if you've got genetics from your Kentucky Skunk . I'm growing Medical now here in Illinois & I remember all the good smoke from KY back in the day , good medicine .......

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I’ve gathered is when the skunk first came to the scene the cornbread mafia was running it heavily and was breeding with it over the years. The skunk has stayed the same just recently within the last 5-6 years has there been A big uproar trying to find this skunk and so many claims for everyone to have it but nobody can really show for it.. except for when you get here to KY that shit is everywhere you can get away from it here! Should be fun to hunt through these seeds and see what these can do

LMAO.....not only can it only be found in KY ,but apparently doesn't leave its borders neither.