What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Causes a plant to go into full bloom with 18 hours of light per day?

Overdub

Very frustrating because the two other plants under the same light are not going into bloom yet, as expected. This is not supposed to be an auto-flowering strain...Grower's Choice Seeds' Cinderella 99...She's beautiful but EARLY! What should I do? Go to 12/12? Now?

Thanks for your insights.

Overdub

That's what I said to my wife...Ruderalis in the ole woodshed somewhere in the lineage. But that wasn't mentioned in the breeding info. Good idea, Pinnate!

P

Pinnate

The only difficulty is that cloning flowers (if it's a keeper?) has a lower success rate than non-flowers!

Having said that, most of my clones are already in flower when they go in...

mr.brunch

Veteran
She's in full bloom, just like a normal 12/12 plant should look after a week or two...getting full!
Thanks for your input.

Yikes.
You got me there... I hear sometimes small pots can force them to flower...
sounds impossible to clone.
Best of luck

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some plants will throw preflower from root stress.

Clones can easily be cut up to week 4, just don't expect to do anything with them for a few monthes.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
some plants, when areas of the plant are shaded from the light (like when over grown in veg) those "shaded areas" will start to flower while the rest isn't flowering. I've only really seen this with males. once they are cut back (no shade) they return to normal veg growth.

Don't know if this is similar to your issue.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I would say a stray bit of pollen from an auto created the seed you planted.
OR
There was a mixup of seeds.
OR
Somewhere in the lineage of the seeds created, the autoflower gene exists.
OR
The gene controlling the number of dark hours required for flowering is expressing itself rather differently. :) I have some which will stay in veg, as long as they only get about 2hrs of dark. More than 4hrs of dark and flowering is triggered.

Just a few thoughts. :)

RB56

Veteran
Ace Zamaldelica has Ruderalis in its line. When I was searching for a keeper about 1/3 of the seeds expressed the autoflower trait. Left the grow for 4 days and came back to a fully flowered male, a seeded female and pollen all over the place. Really dislike Ruderalis. My keeper doesn't have the trait and is as easy to clone as any photoperiod plant I've grown.

I've been experiencing something similar. I had my clones under an old 4' shop light with old bulbs, about 4' away from the light. The clones kept starting to flower at 18 hours of light, so I changed to 20 hours a day. Still flowering. Numerous diffetent strains. This happened over a year of time.
So now I've moved them closer to the light still at 20 hours a day. We'll see how it goes. :dunno:

Overdub

All interesting comments, thanks for your input. Yeah, this 16 hour of light plant just continues We'll see.

Cheers!

maimunji

I've been experiencing something similar. I had my clones under an old 4' shop light with old bulbs, about 4' away from the light. The clones kept starting to flower at 18 hours of light, so I changed to 20 hours a day. Still flowering. Numerous diffetent strains. This happened over a year of time.
So now I've moved them closer to the light still at 20 hours a day. We'll see how it goes. :dunno:

Right weak light far away, clones in solo cups, almoust all different clones show preflowering 24/0 in my clone tent. And its hard to me to keep males to go full bloom. Remove balls and clone tops to keep them in veg.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A plants ONLY quest in life is to reproduce.

You add stresses and it will flower out of season.

Underfed container plants flower because they sense that their rhizosphere is running out of food and/or their legs have no more room to spread out.

redlaser

Veteran
C99 will start to flower here for me in the U.S. in July, need supplemental lights to interrupt at night to prevent that. ( Joey Weed’s C99)
There are lots of 150’+ trees here too though, that seems to shorten the days a bit quicker than if they weren’t there.

Can’t find any info on the seed source for those fem c99’s, anyone know more about that?