What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wow, Too tired to do a thread, Come on, Son!

paper thorn

Veteran
Last post today, just some nugs and some regular day to day work.

Got to rinse the coco, I'm going to reuse some of it. also, tired of fucking around with tomatoes, them bitches are going into coco with maxi bloom lol

rinsed coco
picture.php

all buds below are Mofo 10. not a keeper cause this throws nanners.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SupaM

Although not a keeper, she turned out pretty nice. My tomatoes are still strugglin' along as well. ATB!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey my friend :wave:
Grow looking good. Had heat problems myself these last few summers. Bring on the cooler months !

Hello to Chubbynugs too :friends:

Last post today, just some nugs and some regular day to day work.

Got to rinse the coco, I'm going to reuse some of it. also, tired of fucking around with tomatoes, them bitches are going into coco with maxi bloom lol

rinsed coco
View Image

all buds below are Mofo 10. not a keeper cause this throws nanners.
View Image

View Image

View Image
\
I just re3sued soil from year ago and ad to use Nemo toads in mix to kill so deadly rootaphids totally rec when reusing soil /coco

also thanks yea I think I'm gonna do the ac on at hottest parts of day when sun is beating down and plan on trying to seal the room best I can from any light leakage to counter door I'm gonna have a thick cloth that prevents sun getting threw and on edges of dry wall gonna put rubber panels or mght just put panda reflective film on floor and add just enough to go over coroners

but yea ac running during hottest hours of day 11-6 ish and then bring in and out air rest of time also only run lights during night so this should also help yes?

sorry may not be understanding u don't intake any air?

also I don't see u doing it do u leave oscillating fan hiting the buds with wind? this should give u some denser prettier nugs I just learned this last year

paper thorn

Veteran
Supa~ that mofo 10 is good weed. only a bit left, here's one.

Brother!, been a while bro, as you can see, Mofo was a good momma, still in your debt for that one, and man, i have never gotten that chem sis x neville's haze cross flowered yet. next run i have one vegged up, so i'll see.

The East Coast Sour Diesel, is stinky and pretty fat. And Killer Queen is just a monster. Frosty, No smell though. Million thanks:thank you:
BTW, the new fave smoke around here is that Pre98 Bubba Kush Brother.:ying:

KL~ Lights are on at night. 7pm till 7 am. AC is on all night to cool the lights, and also during the day, because it's been 115 degrees all summer, finally down to high 90s and low 100s, too hot even for lights out.

As far as intake goes. I have no intake port anywhere. I do have a 4" exhaust fan and filter. It's only a 4" so really does not need to have a hole cut for intake. Fresh air is sucked in from around the door and other places where I'm not sealed well, like at the bottom of the sheetrock, especially the corners, air sucks in through any crack in the wall etc.

Keeps good negative pressure. I've never had any smell outside of the room.

Trimming, and more trimming.

Bubba

Diesel trimming

paper thorn

Veteran
Bubba bud

Saw this while we were trimming. Damn leafhopper!

Went in the room and saw these guys:

Well, that explains what's been going on with the browning leaves and drooping/dying plants. Made trimming some of them a nightmare. Bitches.

These big ass Diesel buds on the right, were hit by the leafhoppers. The ones to the left, not so much. Sucked trimming those brown leaves out.
Worse than that though, is that those big buds on the right have mold in them. You wan to cry when you see that. Grey mold and pretty much black in one. So, the ends, a couple inches on each of those buds got chopped off.

waveguide

Veteran
i have/had those fuckers, kill every fucking one of them. phytoplasma, dud plants. those are astors, adults are brown. they didn't seem to mind peppermint oil.

ways i found to be effective:

1) bake your grow, easy for us to do.. several hours at 100. couldn't find figures but apparently it doesn't take too much to kill nymph.

2) mothballs drive them out pretty good, but of course smell like all hell. didn't kill my plants, didn't kill all the hoppers, but i had some on hand..

3) neem neem neem motherfuckers

shake plants, spray on soil.

i guess: eggs are lain in succulent tops. also they like to molt on the tops (saw stages for astors hoppers, it's usually like 2 days or so between stages, so you'll see the moltings if they are still there... 11 days or so for eggs...)

in final stages, if you can't be exhaustive, swipe your finger on the backs of stems (they are good at hiding) which will make them jump out, usually land on soil, spray/crush, kill, destroy.

apparently when they jump/fly they head towards light areas not dark... but they still land on the soil base of their adopted plants often ime.

+ aspirin and shit to recuperate.

it's almost like i noticed the abundance of wasps before i noticed the hoppers. i was all happy.. "yay i'm flowering aurora indica.." dead by 4th week i'm like wtf. they owe me.

paper thorn

Veteran
Hadn't thought about using mothballs waveguide. Saw those moltings you're talking about. I'll be fumigating the room after the last of it gets done.

Hopefully this weekend

Hey who dat, that shed almost made me cry when I first saw it. But, it was worth it.

Hey HP, my shed could have been fixed up better, but it's good enough for my purposes. It'll last me for years as it is now. One thing that's not in this thread, is the new roof. put 3/4 inch plywood(what i had on hand) and some rolled roofing.

Damn, peeps calling and shit won't dry, way more rain than usual lately.

waveguide

Veteran
couple of days of hi temps and a week or so of aggressive neem and the other methods seems to have worked in case you see them again.. mothballs and an exit for evacuation. mothballs are avoidable though.

Hadn't thought about using mothballs waveguide. Saw those moltings you're talking about. I'll be fumigating the room after the last of it gets done.

Hopefully this weekend

Hey who dat, that shed almost made me cry when I first saw it. But, it was worth it.

Hey HP, my shed could have been fixed up better, but it's good enough for my purposes. It'll last me for years as it is now. One thing that's not in this thread, is the new roof. put 3/4 inch plywood(what i had on hand) and some rolled roofing.

Damn, peeps calling and shit won't dry, way more rain than usual lately.
do u have regular house fans the ones that oscillate(go back and forth) u should have these fans hitting the buds on very light speed

paper thorn

Veteran
Busting out the NEEM for the veg thanks waveguide. Veg is in a different location, but damn bugs are everywhere.
KL~ Yep have a fan blowing right across the tops of the plants. It's just to the right of the screen, always gets missed in the pics.

Rare to see mold for me Hydropimp. 7 or 10 years ago i had a bud get some mold.
Mold Sucks. It just affected that one plant. I had really good air flow, oscillating Fan, my vortex sitting on a carbon filter on the floor recirculating, and a fan exhausting bringing fresh air in.

So I think the mold was caused by a couple things. That big Diesel plant was one of several that got burnt real bad when the power company pulled my meter for a 'meter inspection'. I didn't realize that the A/C came back on but not on the 'cool' setting. Defaults to fan only or something. So the buds leaves had turned yellow that were close to the lights. Some of the buds got roasted all the way through. Totally yellow. I think that weakened the plant and of course the leafhoppers (which i didn't know were even there, bitches) were taking their toll as well. Then we got rain almost every day as the monsoon made a late season surge and my RH, which is normally about 20 to 30 % was in the 60 to 80 % range.
Plus, those buds were fat. And yeah, pretty dense. Not like Purple Kush, but...
Still have some stuff that just won't finish, so final count is a week+ away. But did pretty good. Everything chopped is in jars.

Next run will leave this shed behind to be my 'office' escape/workshop.

I'll be setting up in a garage as the plan stands now. Another room buildout. Should be easy, insulate the garage door, make it impossible to open, take the whole thing over so I'm not building walls or rooms Yay! Put the veg in a spare bedroom. Double the lights; got a bunch of big girls vegging in coco and some in buckets, all getting huge. I'll be going vertical this next run with 12 or so trees. Everyone with three lights around them.

Next few weeks will be super busy, getting the new place going and finishing this run, taking some meds to some very anxious patients.

Busting out the NEEM for the veg thanks waveguide. Veg is in a different location, but damn bugs are everywhere.
KL~ Yep have a fan blowing right across the tops of the plants. It's just to the right of the screen, always gets missed in the pics.

Rare to see mold for me Hydropimp. 7 or 10 years ago i had a bud get some mold.
Mold Sucks. It just affected that one plant. I had really good air flow, oscillating Fan, my vortex sitting on a carbon filter on the floor recirculating, and a fan exhausting bringing fresh air in.

So I think the mold was caused by a couple things. That big Diesel plant was one of several that got burnt real bad when the power company pulled my meter for a 'meter inspection'. I didn't realize that the A/C came back on but not on the 'cool' setting. Defaults to fan only or something. So the buds leaves had turned yellow that were close to the lights. Some of the buds got roasted all the way through. Totally yellow. I think that weakened the plant and of course the leafhoppers (which i didn't know were even there, bitches) were taking their toll as well. Then we got rain almost every day as the monsoon made a late season surge and my RH, which is normally about 20 to 30 % was in the 60 to 80 % range.
Plus, those buds were fat. And yeah, pretty dense. Not like Purple Kush, but...
Still have some stuff that just won't finish, so final count is a week+ away. But did pretty good. Everything chopped is in jars.

Next run will leave this shed behind to be my 'office' escape/workshop.

I'll be setting up in a garage as the plan stands now. Another room buildout. Should be easy, insulate the garage door, make it impossible to open, take the whole thing over so I'm not building walls or rooms Yay! Put the veg in a spare bedroom. Double the lights; got a bunch of big girls vegging in coco and some in buckets, all getting huge. I'll be going vertical this next run with 12 or so trees. Everyone with three lights around them.

Next few weeks will be super busy, getting the new place going and finishing this run, taking some meds to some very anxious patients.

from my understanding u should have 1 osicalting fan per light I like to have one in each coroner on lowest setting I notice this helps in making more beautiful nugs

paper thorn

Veteran
Wow, C'mon Son! finish up!

It's been 84 days and these last ones just won't finish. A couple Killer Queen plants are looking close, but most... well, you'll see. Got a few pics for you.

There are 12 plants in the pic. That's how many we can grow for one patient. Other patient's vegging plants are in a new location and I'll probably put up a few pics in a month from the new spot. Till then, I'll post some other stuff like these last flower shots and then as things get cured some more bud shots.

Took my blasting tube to a friend to get some work done. This guys about 71 and in better shape than I am. Rides a ten speed every day for some exercise, eats right...Smokes weed at the end of his day.

He's a retired welder, and still does great work at home. He's going to make legs for it, sucks having one guy hold the tube while i blast. He's putting some kind of removable top on it, I'm going over tonight, he should be done, should be perfect. I'll take a pic.

OK, this is a PK cross with the pretty bud. Nice looking bud but not very dense, so no more for this one. there's another PK cross right in front/below kind of behind the green stake with big ugly but dense buds, also not a keeper. Everything else is Killer Queen.

Here's a couple shots of all that's left.

You see what I'm dealing with?

paper thorn

Veteran
These killer queens spend the last half of flower upside down. Gotta run em on two screens.

You know, I let the KQ go 90 days. It was not done. Maybe Brother Bear will chime in on his experience with KQ. I know he ran a good bit of it a while back.

I don't know what to think about this strain. Needs 3 months at least, but makes the biggest buds I've seen. It's pretty good smoke. Cured it's smooth. Very little smell. Could grow it without a filter the first month or so.

Buds look awesome growing, but a little boring in the bag. That and no smell, makes it a harder sell.
trimming the last of the Killer Queen the other day, I got this:
PISTIL CITY

Alway like this under a KQ bud, plant, at the bottom of the jar. Sheds pistils like mad.

Here's a few buds.

a closeup of a KQ bud

I took my stainless steel tube to my welder the other day

a little errl. I have to build a space to blast. Ended up with a wind blowing some plant matter into the pan while loading the tube.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts