What's new

Rockwool - Light - Water

J

jagerjamie12

Morning guys,

hope your all well,

any recommends on rockwool, i brought some from a hydro shop and it was very yellow and did not adsorb the water very well. Is there a certain type i should buy online. I have a heated propagator.

Also on a separate note, what is the best way to filter water or what water is recommended to water young seeds.

Last but not least i have the following lights http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FLT24-2-Feet-4-Tube-Commercial/dp/B002JQBQZQ , how close should i have them at the start and how many bulbs should i have on, as much help on the germination as i can get guys :)

many thanks,
jager

fatigues

Veteran
If this is in connection with your other thread, you appear to be growing from seed and are not using flood and drain to waste. There is no need for Rockwool in that system. Use Rapid Rooters. Much less hassle. No pre-soak nor any need to adjust ph. They can remain in the RR through to the end of the grow (in practice large plants will tear it apart much earlier than that -- but it's okay. RR's won't clog your system.

T5s @ 6500k. 18"-24" to start or thereabouts. Don't blast out your seedlings with close light like there were in veg stage with a complete root system and fully developed fan leaves. They are not vegging yet and won't be for 3-4 weeks after you crack your beans.

Latest posts

Latest posts