What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowering 7 week 1/2 and little trichomes, harvest?

Cannatema

Hi all
Let me start with having a thrips problem, i had that for 2 weeks, tryied to manage it with neem oil and sticky traps and only the latter had some impact.
It's 7 weeks and a half flowering, it should be there but i don't think they are ready.
Could the bugs have stunted growth?
Should i harvest the same considering that the bugs are still ruining the leaves and doing damage?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lotsOweed

Look like they could easily go 2+ weeks but if your losing the battle with the thrips id say pull em now or asap

Cannatema

thanks for the answer, i'll try to see when they cannot stand those bastards anymore and then cut.
Will that be unsmokable or even with little trichomes i can get something of it?

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
Monterrey Garden Insect Spray (exact name) w/ Spinosad (check the label dont ask the guy, first time I tried to buy it retard said it had the spinosad but it didnt. )

You can spray your leaves with this shit up til harvest the bottle says I still cut it off 5 days before the chop from what I've read it'll break down and dissipate in 3 days so 5 is good for me.

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
As for this run It looks 66% done. Might chop it and start over w/ the spinosad. Any spinosad spray works the most common is Monterrey.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Yea, those plants arent really smokeable yet. I mean.... you could smoke em, but it wont be close to what the final product would be. Id follow whiteberries tip, fight with montery untill around 58 days, then chop at 63-66 days. And ive never battled thrips or used montery personally, but i dunno about spraying it right on the buds. Btw, monterey w/ spinosad is supposedly the best for killing thrips.

And if the infestation is too sevre, id chop now, try and salvage and flowers and leaves that didnt have bugs on them, and id make some bubble or oil.

Cannatema

Thanks all for the answers. I can't find spinosad here in Italy i've run the two shops there are in Milan but nothing, they had only neem oil.
I think i'll wait one week and post some new photos maybe some wide ones so you can help me decide if it's time to harvest :D

fatigues

Veteran
Hang on. There are a couple of mistakes that tend to run in clusters among new growers: overfeeding is one, chopping early is the other. It's all about excitement and wanting to DO SOMETHING. I get it, I really do. Problem is, growing is something the plant does. Your task is to not stop the plant from doing what it is genetically programmed to do. And it's not done yet.

Things don't look that bad and your plant is not finished. It really isn't. It might not be for another THREE weeks, let alone one or two. So sit tight, do what you can (in moderation) and be patient. While mold might destroy your plant, the bugs you complain about are not going to at this stage of development. Do what you can to combat them and hold the fort. Never mind thrips "ruining the leaves". You are about to "ruin the leaves" when you put that plant on RO water for the last two weeks of its life and deliberately flush and starve it.

More neem and sit tight.

You are rounding the corner and coming home to the finish line on this journey. Don't allow impatience to screw it all up in the easy straightaway to the finish line.

Chillax.

Cannatema

thanks fatigues. So should i resume the alga bloom? Thinking i was 2 weeks away i flushed 1 week ago and now i was going with only water.

fatigues

Veteran
thanks fatigues. So should i resume the alga bloom? Thinking i was 2 weeks away i flushed 1 week ago and now i was going with only water.

Most 8-9 week indoor strains finish that way only under optimal environmental conditions. Most go 2 weeks on top of that; so 10-11 weeks is a safer bet. And yes, some other phenos go 12 even 13 weeks depending on the lighting (13 is quite rare for an indica though).

I can't be sure without looking up close at the plant and looking at trichs under a lens. I would assume 10-11 is likely for you as well - but "likely" is not always. *shrug* I do think that 8.5 weeks sounds very optimistic to me as a "due" date.

You might resume feeding for a week, tops and then go straight RO for 10-14 days. I think that would be the most likely result.

Hey buddy!!! don't give up hope I have had bug issues this year as well. I had to chop some down early and start over and some i just let go. The ones i let go i had to go 2x as long as plants not infested with bugs. yet the ones i cut early they are actually pretty good. Looks like you have 2-3 weeks left if you can hold out. get some clones ready to replace them and get them bug free. is what i would do. its what im doing actually :)

Latest posts

Latest posts